Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Dumb things that some Ram "fans" say

One thing about being a Ram fan, you have to hear and read a lot of stupid things. Here's a short list.

1. Martz is a great OC, but a terrible HC.
    2. This team is very talented.
    3. Vermeil was a better HC than Martz.
    4. We should have won at least 3 super bowls by now.
    5. Martz doesn't know how to run the football.
    6. Faulk should be our starter.
    7. Warner should be our starter.
    8. We should trade Bulger, and start Fitzpatrick now.
    9. Wasted timeouts, and bad challenges make Martz a terrible HC.
    10. Martz is an undisciplined, ego maniac.
    11. We have had too many wasted draft picks.

There's more, but that should do for now. I appreciate the fact that MOST fans (especially around here) are too smart to use any of the above lines, but it's that minority of ignorance that truly believe in the above list and other statements like them that I will never understand.

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

LordOfTheRams Guest

Re: Dumb things that some Ram "fans" say

Thats the thing. Everyone here says at least one of those stupid things. Thats why there is only one true Ram fan, and that is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamJackson39 Guest

Thats the thing. Everyone here says at least one of those stupid things. Thats why there is only one true Ram fan, and that is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously, I'm starting to enjoy your posts. I need a good laugh in the morning.

LordOfTheRams Guest

Yeah, kind of like the way you make me laugh by naming yourself Jackson and using a picture of Faulk as your avatar. Way to take a stand there, guy!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Just like a preacher.

Gives a sermon about nothing except his own self-righteousness.

Do you ever talk football?

At least you can't pass the plate after your stupid sermons!!

CanadianRam! Guest

umm ur not supposed to waste timeouts and challenges though...

Q: And how does a man know when his perception is accurate?

A: When his critics are left with nothing but personal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Just like a preacher.

Do you ever talk football?

At least you can't pass the plate after your stupid sermons!!

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: Dumb things that some Ram "fans" say

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    Q: And how does a man know when his perception is accurate?

A: When his critics are left with nothing but personal attacks.
    Are you talking about you making personal attacks on people here instead of talking football and debating the issues that your critics of your beliefs bring up?

1. I can see if you change #1 to good OC and bad HC how that could apply. Look at whom he has hired as coaches. Look at Special Teams, FB, TE, DL, DB, LB, QB’s not getting protection needed as a result suffering injuries and OL thank god for Barron but we are still having problems.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-07-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Are you talking about you making personal attacks on people here instead of talking football and debating the issues that your critics of your beliefs bring up?
    I've attacked no one in this thread. I've said there are some stupid things I hear, but I've never identified anyone as saying them. Now, if you really want to talk about personal attacks, I believe it was this ferter individual who gave me his "sermon" as it were.
    I can see if you change #1 to good OC and bad HC how that could apply. Look at whom he has hired as coaches.
    Okay, let's do that. Of course, everyone is going to say he hired Marmie. Fine, I too think he was wrong for doing that. Is that reason to fire him though? Who else has he hired? He got Lovie, who did a great job with our D until the collapse of 2003. Another fine pick was Fairchild. Martz was smart enough to bring in an assistant that wouldn't get in his way of running the offense. Fairchild is no good without Martz, but with Martz he was the perfect compliment. He stayed out of the way.
    Look at Special Teams
    Yea, they've sucked for years.
    FB
    We had Hodgins, but he bolted for zona. With a little time this Hedgecock kid could be pretty good.
    TE
    Manu was great on paper, but he didn't work out. Not all picks worked out. Martz tried to fix it by bringing in Roland, but he got hurt. Injuries happen.
    DL
    Pickett has been solid, Kennedy has shown flashes, Little was good until his head went south, we picked up Green off the Jax wood pile, what else do you want? How many Juilius Peppers and Dwight Freeneys do you think there are out there?
    LB
    Well, we could have spent huge money on Hartwell, or Bell, or Pierce (of the three only Pierce has worked out any better than our two FAs), but we went cheap and got two for the price of one. That's the breaks when you have all the money on your offense.
    QB’s not getting protection
    Not to sound harsh, but so what? Martz has taken Green, Warner, Bulger, and in the near future maybe Fitz and made solid QBs of them. The man can build a QB, if one goes down another one comes along.
    OL thank god for Barron but we are still having problems.
    We draft three rookies this year, and have dealt with all kinds of injuries on the line. O-line is one of the healthiest positions most of the time, but not here. They drop like flies, and the Rams patch together what they can.

I fail to see how this can be construed as a failure by one of the winningest HC's of this decade. Why do so few appreciate 4 playoffs in 5 years?

RamJackson39 Guest

Yeah, kind of like the way you make me laugh by naming yourself Jackson and using a picture of Faulk as your avatar. Way to take a stand there, guy!
    Jackson is the future of the Rams running game. Faulk is the greatest RB of all time. The two intertwine and become one. It's not that hard to understand.

I've attacked no one in this thread. I've said there are some stupid things I hear, but I've never identified anyone as saying them.
    Yet you have the courage to generalize and attack everyone you disagree with.

Some would call that cowardly.

Wow!!

Generalizing really is the easy way out!!

Yet you have the courage to generalize and attack everyone you disagree with.
    You really should read before you post. I've generalized nothing. To generalize means to attribute some characteristic to a universal population. I've done nothing even close to that. I've addressed no group of individuals, and certainly nothing has been attributed to a general group. My post was a reference to non-sensical statements I hear from time to time. But since you have an interest in generalization, let me give you an example or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferter
    Just like a preacher.

Any imbecile could easily resort to personal attacks.

Just ask Lard of the Ram.
    Most people don't seem to understand that if they were any good in certain situations they would stay on the field. Nor do most people seem to understand that they are not that good when they are on the field.
    Good one!!

But I think it flew right over most heads.
    the vikings blow
    From top to bottom, this is the worst organization in the entire NFL.
    It is a shame that this Rams team won 5 games, because they could really use a better position in the draft. Every win was a fluke of luck.
    The owner and her lap dog shaw know nothing about football and could care less about winning.
    The Rams are absolutely pathetic!!

theodus69 Guest

Hey it's good to see LOTR's had an altre ego, but than again shouldn't be a nicer guy when his personalities flip? Rev Roy is quite twin brother from another mother!

One thing about being a Ram fan, you have to hear and read a lot of stupid things.
    To reduce to a general form.

Oh and BTW - It is the Rams. Always has been. To be a fan of said team, one is called a Rams fan.

But since you have an interest in generalization, let me give you an example or two.
    Oh, some backbone. Maybe there is hope for you yet!!

Still, you seem to have some pent-up animosity and disagreement towards what I write.

May I suggest in the future you tackle those feelings head-on so we can address them as they occur. That would be the manly thing to do.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think somebody's going to get a "does not play nicely with others" comment on his report card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast