Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Dwight Anderson cut for curfew violations

KFNS is reporting that Anderson has been cut after missing a curfew this weekend. I'm looking for confimation.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Dwight Anderson cut for curfew violations

Thats a little harsh isn't it, I thought he was having a good camp:down:

steve:clanram:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Major, yes, D.A. was released alright. It is now displayed on the front page of the Rams official web site.

And yes, he was having a very good camp -- was well accepted since last year. But Coach Martz had to make a decision and, being we have an arsenal of DBs, he stuck to the policy.

It was one of those, "Thanks for your contributions -- good bye".

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Hope he wasn't figured in to help the sorryass S.T.s. That and the d-line will make the difference. Believe me!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Major, yes, D.A. was released alright. It is now displayed on the front page of the Rams official web site.

And yes, he was having a very good camp -- was well accepted since last year. But Coach Martz had to make a decision and, being we have an arsenal of DBs, he stuck to the policy.

It was one of those, "Thanks for your contributions -- good bye".

This is what i mean by Martsies dog house!.......and yes i do not have all the facts here! Also bet he is either resigned or picked up quickly by another team!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I remember hearing/reading about him having attitude problems, but he was the kind of fiery guy on the field this team needs, especially on special teams and defense. This couldn't have been his first offense, so I'm sure the release was justified, but damnit, he was one of my favorite players and in position to take the nickel back job. I'm sure DeJuan Groce and Kevin Garrett were happy to hear about this.

Here's to hoping he gets a second [or third or fourth, depending on his past violations] chance.:drunk:

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

That is a tough price to pay for missing curfew. I am sure that none of the other Rams miss curfew for as long as Martz is in charge. Let's see a few more minutes of drinking or...a job. I think most would choose the job and keep their millions over another beer.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Something tells me he wasnt two minutes late returning from Bible Study. The rules are the rules, martz takes no crap off these guys and i dont blame him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Plus, its not like Torry Holt was late... this is Dwight Freakin' Anderson! He's a marginal player, at best. If Martz is going to make an example of someone, he's a pretty good choice.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Yep hes been picked up already, bet MM is kicking himself in the ass for this one!..............Should have just fined the h**l out of him and i bet he wouldn't have been late again!..........MM is a bozo at times.to quick to the draw IMHO! Fined the crap out of them and take their $$$ and make it hurt instead of cutting someone unless he cares to elaborate the bottom line of his doings? After all we do pay his salary in a way!..lol

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Yep hes been picked up already, bet MM is kicking himself in the ass for this one!
    Why would he regret it? Like Martz said, Anderson broke the trust that's kept within the club. Can't fix that.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I dont like the fact that he was released. If he was improving why not fine him with a big number instead of releasing him and letting another team pick him up? This is just strange, I mean we dont know the whole story but this is the last position we need to release guys who were beating out everyone else for the nickel back. One week Martz gives praise the next he's released go figure.There are other ways of making examples of people rather then just releasing him. If it was Little or Coakley they would have been fined not released. Just my opinion of course.
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    I dont like the fact that he was released. If he was improving why not fine him with a big number instead of releasing him and letting another team pick him up? This is just strange, I mean we dont know the whole story but this is the last position we need to release guys who were beating out everyone else for the nickel back. One week Martz gives praise the next he's released go figure.There are other ways of making examples of people rather then just releasing him. If it was Little or Coakley they would have been fined not released. Just my opinion of course.
    $1,000...according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, that is the maximum Anderson could have been fined.

And you're right, we don't know the whole story. In an organization the size of the Rams, they are not going to get rid of a player simply for missing a curfew. I don't know the rest of the story either, but I'd bet lefty and righty that there is indeed a "rest of the story" that we will never know.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

i agree 100% with hubison. We have plenty of guys in the secondary that are within the range of competitiveness.

There is simply no basis to conclude that martz or the organization is going to take an action that they think harms the teams simply to make a point on curfew.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Name one big play that this guy was in on last year besides waving pom poms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast