throwback week

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By ZiaRam
  • 2 Post By RealRam
  • 2 Post By laram0

Thread: Eagles didn't Beat us, We Beat ourselves

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Eagles didn't Beat us, We Beat ourselves

After taking a bit of time after the game to think about things I've come to a couple of conclusions:
    When SJ39 went down it basically changed and effected our whole game plan and the game WOULD of changed if he would of stayed in the game. For crying out loud he only rushed two times and had a 56yard TD and your telling me if he is in there for a whole game it wouldn't have changed our results? I've seen him play hurt, it must of killed him to stay on the sidelines..

Sam looked a bit to wound up and uptight, not as loose and ice cold calm like he usually is today. He over threw TD passes, made poor choices throwing into coverage, and took to long at times. It might of been a combination of SJ not being there right next to him giving him his comfort zone and then thinking he had to do more than usual to make up for it? He seemed to put a little to much zing on some balls and not enough on others. I think this game was good to break him into the season so he can get his composure back.

Injuries, this by itself beat us if not by our own whim. Yes there were some bad calls but if we wouldn't have made them We literally still had 6 important people go down that are starters and team leaders. You can't tell me this didn't have a considerable impact on the outcome of the game! If we took out the same starters on the other side of the ball the Eagles would of had alot of our same problems. I'm sad to see Thad gone, but hey it's done what can u do now? Same with the WR's we let go, let it go, get over it they aren't with us any more.

I almost ripped my hair out with all the freaking drops by our players today, defensive and offensive!!! We should probably dedicate one whole day on how to catch a ball this week of practice from slow mow underhand Pop Warner style to all the way up to zipping it in there, Above all things this is what peaved me off the most today!!!

Very impressed with Carnell Williams today. He ran with heart , motivation, and determination. He isn't no Steven Jackson but he filled in nicely as a #2 running back.

And last but not least is WE LOST TO A GOOD TEAM, NOT A GREAT TEAM BUT A GOOD TEAM! I dont think they are better than us we just lost some key people (especially SJ)
    to tip the scales in their favor. If they lost Vick or McCoy it would of been that in our favor. We made key mistakes: Sam's TD fumble, missed easy TD oppurtunities, third down conversions and coverages/alignments. We are rusty and had the jitters as you could see, this coaching staff is going to get this thing pointed in the right direction. Point is don't freak out, You think we were going to be the 07' Pats and go undefeated in the regular season? or go 13-3? Wake up, we are on the bubble of becoming a good team not a great team...yet... This season will be really promising for us! HOLD FAST!!! I know it's been a while since we have been respectable... let us take our course.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-12-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    RealRam and Goldenfleece like this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Eagles didn't Beat us, We Beat ourselves

Well, I'm really not discouraged by today's loss. Disappointed, yes, of course. But right now I'm more concerned about injuries. And sure, "we have a lot of work to do", as the coaches tend to say.

WE lost today's game, performance wise: mistakes + jitters + injuries = inevitable defeat.

Rams showed some flashes of what they can become THIS year. Eagles better prepared today.

PA_gal_in_OK and ZiaRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Well, I'm really not discouraged by today's loss. Disappointed, yes, of course. But right now I'm more concerned about injuries. And sure, "we have a lot of work to do", as the coaches tend to say.

WE lost today's game, performance wise: mistakes + jitters + injuries = inevitable defeat.

Rams showed some flashes of what they can become THIS year. Eagles better prepared today.

Amen!!Great post man!! We got this just need our people back from injuries except Danny... sad face

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    After taking a bit of time after the game to think about things I've come to a couple of conclusions:
    When SJ39 went down it basically changed and effected our whole game plan and the game WOULD of changed if he would of stayed in the game. For crying out loud he only rushed two times and had a 56yard TD and your telling me if he is in there for a whole game it wouldn't have changed our results? I've seen him play hurt, it must of killed him to stay on the sidelines..

Sam looked a bit to wound up and uptight, not as loose and ice cold calm like he usually is today. He over threw TD passes, made poor choices throwing into coverage, and took to long at times. It might of been a combination of SJ not being there right next to him giving him his comfort zone and then thinking he had to do more than usual to make up for it? He seemed to put a little to much zing on some balls and not enough on others. I think this game was good to break him into the season so he can get his composure back.

Injuries, this by itself beat us if not by our own whim. Yes there were some bad calls but if we wouldn't have made them We literally still had 6 important people go down that are starters and team leaders. You can't tell me this didn't have a considerable impact on the outcome of the game! If we took out the same starters on the other side of the ball the Eagles would of had alot of our same problems. I'm sad to see Thad gone, but hey it's done what can u do now? Same with the WR's we let go, let it go, get over it they aren't with us any more.

I almost ripped my hair out with all the freaking drops by our players today, defensive and offensive!!! We should probably dedicate one whole day on how to catch a ball this week of practice from slow mow underhand Pop Warner style to all the way up to zipping it in there, Above all things this is what peaved me off the most today!!!

Very impressed with Carnell Williams today. He ran with heart , motivation, and determination. He isn't no Steven Jackson but he filled in nicely as a #2 running back.

And last but not least is WE LOST TO A GOOD TEAM, NOT A GREAT TEAM BUT A GOOD TEAM! I dont think they are better than us we just lost some key people (especially SJ)
    to tip the scales in their favor. If they lost Vick or McCoy it would of been that in our favor. We made key mistakes: Sam's TD fumble, missed easy TD oppurtunities, third down conversions and coverages/alignments. We are rusty and had the jitters as you could see, this coaching staff is going to get this thing pointed in the right direction. Point is don't freak out, You think we were going to be the 07' Pats and go undefeated in the regular season? or go 13-3? Wake up, we are on the bubble of becoming a good team not a great team...yet... This season will be really promising for us! HOLD FAST!!! I know it's been a while since we have been respectable... let us take our course.
    I felt the same about JAX, thought he was on his way to having a career day.The injuries in so many key areas, all around for the Rams, feels like a punch in the guts.The dropped passes are just plain Unacceptable! Cadillac was a joy to watch, but he too is fragile, don't know if he can carry the heavy load at RB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

macrammer is online now Registered User

They clearly were better team, beat us on points and physically as well. While we did make some stupid mistakes that aided their cause, the mistakes were clearly a sign we just are not ready for that level.....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    I felt the same about JAX, thought he was on his way to having a career day.The injuries in so many key areas, all around for the Rams, feels like a punch in the guts.The dropped passes are just plain Unacceptable! Cadillac was a joy to watch, but he too is fragile, don't know if he can carry the heavy load at RB.
    heck ya Steven would have beasted it! Was so mad when I started watching after 5 minutes into the game that he was out! If I'm debbie downer about anything as you said it's those stupid drops, it was like a plague of God almost to butter fingers on our pass cathers and when they were wide open Sam zipped it away from them. SJ should be back this week.. hopefully!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

You're right the Eagles didn't beat us, Michael Vick did!!!!
    PA_gal_in_OK and QuinnMan like this.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

After looking at the game on rewind , I felt a bit different about what I heard the score was , I don't believe that the score really reflects on how it looked , I'm not saying we did not play badly (WE DID) For the most part I liked what the D did except we got eat up on the cut backs running plays , Our D did for the most part play fairly well , But Vick is going to be Vick with all the teams he plays .

Yo be honest I'm glad we saw this type of high level team in the 1st game . The talent was one thing but losing Jax was one of the worse things that could have happen , And I know for a fact it changed the game plan a lot .

The Off did well moving the ball but the drops and the Flags hurt us at times we could have got back into the game point wise , But we are simply not their yet , Were close but not their . We gave a supper bowl contender all they could handle in the 1st half and imo is a good thing to see .

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, the Rams didn't make it any easier on themselves by dropping so many passes, commiting so many mistakes and losing so many key players. But make no mistake, the Eagles WERE the better football team. You can't seriously say otherwise. If you doubt that, compare records at the end of the year.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I Completely understand and agree with your post , They indeed were a better team and are a better team . The Rams made plenty of mistakes , Not trying to cover that up at all but the score was not imo a true picture of how the game was played , Its not the RAMS fault players got injured you and I both know with the rest of us thats football .

QuinnMan is offline Registered User

I'd ahve to agree with your break down on the game! I still can't believe how bad the our injuries were! If SJ didn't go down the game would of been way different.