Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eagles08 Guest

Eagles fan here. Good luck

I just wanted to stop by and wish you guys luck. Nothing like the opening day of a new season. We have a game here with 2 of the best running backs in the league. I love Steven Jackson, I was hoping the Eagles would draft him a few years back. (Not that I'm complaining about Brian Westbrook) Our 2 starting WR's are not playing but I don't think that will really decide the outcome of the game. The way Andy Reid and McNabb spread the ball around it shouldn't hurt to much. I'm looking forward to see what our Rookie DJax can do. He has looked electric in pre-season( I know it's only pre-season). I really think we will have a typical nasty Jim Johnson defense this year. Our secondary looks to be lights out with Dawkins, Mikell, Lito Sheperd, Asante Samuel and Seldon Brown. Thats like 8 prowbowls between all of them guys. We got some young up and coming Linebackers that nobody has ever heard of yeat, but they will make their mark soon enough. We have 2 first round picks at defensive tackle with Bunkley and Patterson. Trent Cole is a beast at the end. I'm also looking forward to finally getting a healthy McNabb back on the field. Anyway, I wish you guys luck and I hope both teams stay healthy and have a good game. Good luck.

Banana03 is offline Registered User

Re: Eagles fan here. Good luck

It should be a close game. I think the Rams are going to be a lot better than people are expecting, and the Eagles seem to always come out flat in the first game of the season.

I may be a bit biased but I see the Eagles winning this game 23-13. I think it'll be a close one until a score late in the game puts it away.

Hopefully it'll be an entertaining game with no injuries on either side.

Eagles08 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Banana03 View Post
    It should be a close game. I think the Rams are going to be a lot better than people are expecting, and the Eagles seem to always come out flat in the first game of the season.

I may be a bit biased but I see the Eagles winning this game 23-13. I think it'll be a close one until a score late in the game puts it away.

Hopefully it'll be an entertaining game with no injuries on either side.
    As an Eagles fan the first game of the season always scares me because Andy Reid is like 3-6 on the opening day. Why? I have no clue. People say it's because his training camp is so brutal that they come out flat. Who knows. It should be a good game. Tory Holt will not be ignored by the Eagles. The Field is going to be sloppy because Temple played today during tropical storm Hannah.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

The Eagles are favored, we're a turf team on a muddy field and the Philly fans are some of the loudest in the league....I like our chances!! Good luck guys, and GO RAMS!!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

good game but we need this more than you do
    Torry Holt Dont play that

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles08 View Post
    As an Eagles fan the first game of the season always scares me because Andy Reid is like 3-6 on the opening day. Why? I have no clue. People say it's because his training camp is so brutal that they come out flat. Who knows. It should be a good game. Tory Holt will not be ignored by the Eagles. The Field is going to be sloppy because Temple played today during tropical storm Hannah.
    All reports from Philly say the field is fine ...

I appreciate the input from the Eagles fans, but you make it out as if your squad is a group of unstoppable all-pros ...

You do remember you can't stop the run right?

And that your two top receivers are out?

And that you have very inexperienced linebackers?

And I love that the only reason the game is going to be close is because "the Eagles always come out flat" ...

Mooselini Guest

I am very excited for the game and best of luck for you guys too. Atleast you're a very nice fan unlike the guy who lives down the road. The guy is a jacka$$

That is the only part I'm too concerned about is your secondary. Very talented group of guys.

Eagles08 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

I appreciate the input from the Eagles fans, but you make it out as if your squad is a group of unstoppable all-pros ...

And I love that the only reason the game is going to be close is because "the Eagles always come out flat" ...
    Well, I didn't mean to come off like I think the Eagles are going to run away with this thing. I have learned over the years that anything can happen on any given Sunday. I do feel confident in my boys though. Not many teams can contain Westbrook and a healthy McNabb. I will leave you this little video form Brian Dawkins. He will have the Eagles fired up tomorrow for sure. Sleep well.

Home Page - Philadelphia Eagles

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Welcome Eagles08. Thanks for the update on the field. I was wondering what it was like since it has been dumping rain in Virginia for a while. We have clear skies now. I'll bet the field will still be soaked at game time.

I hope the Eagles come out flat and the Rams feel like proving something.

Here is to a good game and no injuries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    good game but we need this more than you do
    There's no way you need this more than us. Our next two games are @Dallas and then the Steelers at home. We will probably lose those two games, so we need to win this opener against the Rams.

Eagles08 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Welcome Eagles08. Thanks for the update on the field. I was wondering what it was like since it has been dumping rain in Virginia for a while. We have clear skies now. I'll bet the field will still be soaked at game time.

I hope the Eagles come out flat and the Rams feel like proving something.

Here is to a good game and no injuries.
    I actually live in VA Beach myself, but family is still living in Philly. From what I'm hearing is that they are doing their best to get the field up to 100% as best as they can.

Eagles08 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Banana03 View Post
    There's no way you need this more than us. Our next two games are @Dallas and then the Steelers at home. We will probably lose those two games, so we need to win this opener against the Rams.
    We never get swept by the Cowboys , so hopefully we take the Monday night game. We are due against the Steelers. All we got to do is go 4-3 into the bye and we will get into the playoffs and then the Cowboys will choke like they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Eagles had the 7th ranked run defense in the NFL last year. Having our top two recievers will hurt, it'll keep this one a close low scoring game. Gaither has 2 years of NFL expierence under his belt, GoCong has 1 year of playing and starting, only Bradley is inexperienced. He looked good in the small amount he played at the end of last season when TKO went out with injury for the rest of the season.

The real reason this game is going to be close is because the Eagles always come out flat. The Eagles are a good team that just barely missed the playoffs and got better in the offseason. The Rams are coming off of a season where they had the 2nd worst record in the league. There is a gap between these two teams. One is a good team, the other is not. Chris Long is going to be great but he's not going to be an instant fix for a defense that was just flat out really bad last year. Plus I think it's safe to say that we have the better coaching staff.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I actually live in VA Beach myself, but family is still living in Philly. From what I'm hearing is that they are doing their best to get the field up to 100% as best as they can.
    I played a soccer game on grass on friday night before it really got raining and we were sliding around on the field towards the end of the half. The refs cut the game short in the second half since they were afraid of injuries.

Hopefully, the eagles field is in better shape than our fields. They must have a drainage system and they probably replace damaged pieces. I guess they have a little bit of time to work on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We never get swept by the Cowboys , so hopefully we take the Monday night game. We are due against the Steelers. All we got to do is go 4-3 into the bye and we will get into the playoffs and then the Cowboys will choke like they always do.
    The way I see it is that we are usually a team that gets better as the season goes along. We're going to end up getting the most of our losses towards the beginning of the season as opposed to the end of the season. Plus the fact that our two top receivers are out. Our offense is going to struggle a bit early before it finds out how to function with a different cast of players on the offense. Reggie will probably return soon but you know his injury is going to hamper him a bit. The Cowboys game will be close, we maybe able to win that but I really doubt it. The Cowboys usually come out of the season strong and then fizzle towards the end. The Steelers are just a better team, I don't think our chances are that great against them. But we'll know more about our chances in those games after tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast