Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

  1. #1
    champmv7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    You guys have been looking pretty good in the pre season.Im ready for the season to start already. Eagles vs Rams should be a good game.

    Are you guys a little nervous? Btw You have a great coach& Bradford seems to be playing well. Who are your Rbs? i know Jackson is one of them and he is a beast. Who are your wide recievers?

    Im just here for friendly chat.
    Last edited by champmv7; -09-01-2011 at 03:39 AM.


  2. #2
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Welcome champmv7,

    The Rams have been up & down in the pre-season, actually. New OC & the lockout haven't made it easy to get a feel for how the team will perform when it gets going for real vs Philly.No major injuries so far---knock on wood...which is the main thing for a team that has been rebuilding for a couple of years & lacks proven depth Yeah, Bradford seems like he might work out. Thanks for asking.

    The Rams picked up Jerious Norwood & Cadillac Williams to back up Jackson. It's generally presumed that Norwood will be used as a 3rd down /change of pace guy with an emphasis on receiving out of the backfield but we have seen very little of Josh Mcdaniels playbook so far. Cadillac has looked solid as a primary back-up/relief for Jackson. The Rams also added guard Harvey Dahl from Atlanta to help the run game.

    The WR situation is still wide open. There's plenty of chat on this board about the other possibilities if you need details but the most interesting new guy is probably 2nd round rookie TE Lance Kendricks.Versatile weapon who seems to be catching on fast.

    I think we're all excited to get this season going. I doubt anyone sees the Eagles game as anything but a big challenge for the Rams young squad but , having watched The Browns splatter Vick repeatedly & knowing that The Rams have a pretty good pass rush themselves & a coach who cut his defensive teeth in The Philly system, I think there's room for nerves on both sides.

    Thanks for Amendola, Gibson, and Mikell, btw.
    ManofGod likes this.

  3. #3
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,877
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Hi!

    Nice to meet a classy fan of any other team. Kudos to you!

    I think I speak for everyone here at ClanRam when I say that when we find out who our WR's are, we'll let you know! There are now nine or so viable candidates vying for six possibly seven spots. Look for Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola and Mike Sims-Walker to make the roster. We'll keep you posted about the rest!

  4. #4
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    I am always glad to get the regular season started. Eagles will be tough test for this team but I look back to 1983. We opened up on the road against a very formidable NYG team with Lawrence Taylor in his prime. John Robinson was in his first year as HC and we beat the team nobody expected, 16-6.

    I look forward to spirited and close game. A good measurement for Rams to see where they truly stand against a tough opponent.

  5. #5
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,435
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Welcome to ClanRam, nice to see a classy Eagles fan. The average fans are already counting us out with their paper logic but it should be an excellent matchup because it'll be a gelled up Rams defense vs Eagles offense and a raw Rams offense vs Eagles defense. Juan Castillo seems to be doing a decent job amping up your defense but your LBs and safeties are questionable so be aware of us attacking the middle since that's where Bradford attacks best.

  6. #6
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by champmv7 View Post
    You guys have been looking pretty good in the pre season.Im ready for the season to start already. Eagles vs Rams should be a good game.

    Are you guys a little nervous? Btw You have a great coach& Bradford seems to be playing well. Who are your Rbs? i know Jackson is one of them and he is a beast. Who are your wide recievers?

    Im just here for friendly chat.
    No problem Champ7. This is a 55-45% in the favour of the Eagles, a bit closer than I originally thought.? IF the Rams can run the ball then I think it could be a long day for Philly.?
    Philly 24 Rams 20 F

  7. #7
    champmv7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Welcome champmv7,

    The Rams have been up & down in the pre-season, actually. New OC & the lockout haven't made it easy to get a feel for how the team will perform when it gets going for real vs Philly.No major injuries so far---knock on wood...which is the main thing for a team that has been rebuilding for a couple of years & lacks proven depth Yeah, Bradford seems like he might work out. Thanks for asking.

    The Rams picked up Jerious Norwood & Cadillac Williams to back up Jackson. It's generally presumed that Norwood will be used as a 3rd down /change of pace guy with an emphasis on receiving out of the backfield but we have seen very little of Josh Mcdaniels playbook so far. Cadillac has looked solid as a primary back-up/relief for Jackson. The Rams also added guard Harvey Dahl from Atlanta to help the run game.

    The WR situation is still wide open. There's plenty of chat on this board about the other possibilities if you need details but the most interesting new guy is probably 2nd round rookie TE Lance Kendricks.Versatile weapon who seems to be catching on fast.

    I think we're all excited to get this season going. I doubt anyone sees the Eagles game as anything but a big challenge for the Rams young squad but ,

    having watched The Browns splatter Vick repeatedly & knowing that The Rams have a pretty good pass rush themselves & a coach who cut his defensive teeth in The Philly system, I think there's room for nerves on both sides.

    Thanks for Amendola, Gibson, and Mikell, btw.
    Good point there, Why we had two rookies protecting Vick i have no idea. The browns were alll over him. Andy has a better Center to protect Vick , but hes going with a rookie. Its very frustrating you have to put your best players on the field and protect your 100 million dollar investment. However we made changes to the Offensive line. We moved herremans to protect Vicks blindside. He is a versatile lineman and can play any position and shouldve been a probowler. We made Evan Mathis our LG .

    So it may be a tad bit harder to get to vick, but it sucks everyone knows we have a bad oline. Vick covered up for it last season for a while until the hits started taking their toll.

    We definitely are not taking this game lightly. you guys are a very good, growing team and have a bright future with Bradford. Im going to have to keep an eye out for the TE you mentioned and those rb.

    Im nervous about us stopping the run although we have a superbowl built defense.It takes time for new players to gel especially with the lockout and no OTA's. Our weakness is Casey Matthews our MLB he was just given the job and he hasnt looked very impressive. Im not a fan of giving people a job because of their last name and thats exactly what they did.

  8. #8
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by champmv7 View Post
    Good point there, Why we had two rookies protecting Vick i have no idea. The browns were alll over him. Andy has a better Center to protect Vick , but hes going with a rookie. Its very frustrating you have to put your best players on the field and protect your 100 million dollar investment. However we made changes to the Offensive line. We moved herremans to protect Vicks blindside. He is a versatile lineman and can play any position and shouldve been a probowler. We made Evan Mathis our LG .

    So it may be a tad bit harder to get to vick, but it sucks everyone knows we have a bad oline. Vick covered up for it last season for a while until the hits started taking their toll.

    We definitely are not taking this game lightly. you guys are a very good, growing team and have a bright future with Bradford. Im going to have to keep an eye out for the TE you mentioned and those rb.

    Im nervous about us stopping the run although we have a superbowl built defense.It takes time for new players to gel especially with the lockout and no OTA's. Our weakness is Casey Matthews our MLB he was just given the job and he hasnt looked very impressive. Im not a fan of giving people a job because of their last name and thats exactly what they did.
    Speaking of MV's big deal, what's the feeling about giving $40 mill guaranteed to a guy at his age & behind an unsettled O-line? No doubt Vick earned a big payday for his remarkable comeback but...

    The Rams also have a defense that has some untested new parts, especially at OLB. They picked up Ben Leber, Brady Poppinga, and Zac Diles in FA & are trying to sort out a starting pair to flank a very solid young MLB in James Laurinaitis. Good outside runners & mobile QBs like McCoy and Vick gave us nightmares last year so that'll be an interesting facet of the game to watch.

    I understand your concern about Matthews but I'm not sure you don't have to just let the rook take his lumps & hope the DL/OLBs/ safeties can give him strong support.We went through it with Laurinaitis & it's now paying dividends although he has a lingering pec injury that's worrisome.

    I do think you're right to think The Rams will also try to work the underneath & edge stuff in both the run & pass game vs Philly, though. It's been rumored that about 40% of the playbook retains plays from Shurmur's Philly style WCO so you may see The Rams try to force a dose of your own medicine, rather than just bang Jackson up the middle . Amendola is one of the few WRs who has proven chemistry with Bradford & was especially effective underneath last year. It worked moderately well last year in getting The Rams into the red zone & there are signs of improving the TD % once they get there with the new guys like Kendricks and Sims Walker.

    Eventually we hope to see Josh McD help The Rams' downfield passing attack but going after those CBs in the first game as a mainstay of the gameplan is obviously unlikely. On the flipside, although the Rams' starting CBs (Bartell and Fletcher) are probably underrated, a couple of mistakes by the Rams safeties vs Maclin & DeSean could be the difference in this game,imo.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-01-2011 at 03:33 PM.

  9. #9
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by champmv7 View Post
    Good point there, Why we had two rookies protecting Vick i have no idea. The browns were alll over him. Andy has a better Center to protect Vick , but hes going with a rookie. Its very frustrating you have to put your best players on the field and protect your 100 million dollar investment. However we made changes to the Offensive line. We moved herremans to protect Vicks blindside. He is a versatile lineman and can play any position and shouldve been a probowler. We made Evan Mathis our LG .


    Im nervous about us stopping the run although we have a superbowl built defense.It takes time for new players to gel especially with the lockout and no OTA's. Our weakness is Casey Matthews our MLB he was just given the job and he hasnt looked very impressive. Im not a fan of giving people a job because of their last name and thats exactly what they did.
    Hello champ! Welcome to ClanRam and look foward to reading any posts of yours in the future!
    First, two things I like is our matchup vs. Eagles.
    1. I think we might be able to exploit the middle of the field against your defense with traps, draws and having our TE's run seam routes against you. I know your MLB as mentioned and I think you have a OLB that is a little untested a bit I think? Plus with loosing Mikail not sure how your safety position will hold up with his replacement.
    2. Obviously your O-Line being able to pick up blitzes and provide a fair pocket for Vick. i personally love to see Vick play and do crazy scrambles and such but on the other side of that alot of hits and wear and tear factor into that.

    Two things I'm worried about:
    1. Our WR match up vs. all your plethora of CB'S. I wondering if any of our guys are going to be able to get open on a consistent basis? I know we love Amendola on 3rd downs but you have a nice 3 headed monster at CB there that will on the field for those situations. I heard maybe after our game we might be looking into dealing for your nickel corner. (your old #2). Any thoughts on him?

    2. Vice versa our CB's vs. your WR core. I'm really not to worried about who ever Bartell is covering but after that Maclin, Jackson will be on the loose somewhere and have some doubts regarding our depth at CB especially our 3rd and 4th CB for nickel and dime packages. Obviously, I love watching DeSean play (beast mode) but most of us still follow Maclin since he was a Mizzou standout player and them and the Rams get alot of the same coverage. Quite a few of us here were wanting us to take him somehow a couple of drafts ago.

    Anyways, I'm pretty confident in our team since it's been more than a few years since I've been able to say that but a tinge of nervousness! We need to win this game and come out the gates strong to build confidence for the tough first half of our schedule this year.

  10. #10
    champmv7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Im getting nervous the more and more i think about this game specifically because i know spags is going to come after the two rookies on our oline. I hope Vick stays healthy while these guys learn to gel as a unit.

  11. #11
    Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by champmv7 View Post
    Good point there, Why we had two rookies protecting Vick i have no idea. The browns were alll over him. Andy has a better Center to protect Vick , but hes going with a rookie. Its very frustrating you have to put your best players on the field and protect your 100 million dollar investment. However we made changes to the Offensive line. We moved herremans to protect Vicks blindside. He is a versatile lineman and can play any position and shouldve been a probowler. We made Evan Mathis our LG .

    So it may be a tad bit harder to get to vick, but it sucks everyone knows we have a bad oline. Vick covered up for it last season for a while until the hits started taking their toll.

    We definitely are not taking this game lightly. you guys are a very good, growing team and have a bright future with Bradford. Im going to have to keep an eye out for the TE you mentioned and those rb.

    Im nervous about us stopping the run although we have a superbowl built defense.It takes time for new players to gel especially with the lockout and no OTA's. Our weakness is Casey Matthews our MLB he was just given the job and he hasnt looked very impressive. Im not a fan of giving people a job because of their last name and thats exactly what they did.
    I love everything you said here besides the eagles arent taking us lightly. All of this is encouraging news to me... Rookies starting on bad o line, cant stop the run, unimpressive mlb.... I like the eagles and will be rooting for them all season, and i even hope they make it to the playoffs and go 15-1. That 1 lost coming from us of course

  12. #12
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Are you guys ready for
    ?

  13. #13
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    eagles suck.... just kidding should be a good game. we can't complain about our schedule although we have a tough one. I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up.

  14. #14
    champmv7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    eagles suck.... just kidding should be a good game. we can't complain about our schedule although we have a tough one. I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up.
    lol i wouldnt say that now. But yeah its definitely gonna be a good game.

  15. #15
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

    I will just say one thing about my Rams:

    The football world, starting with the Eagles, are in for one hell of a surprise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. eagles had two offensive starters in the game
    By general counsel in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
  2. Eagles game and RAMS FUTURE
    By Tony Soprano in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
  3. Rams Game vs. Eagles moved to Noon CST
    By wttrash2 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -12-04-2005, 08:49 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -12-27-2004, 05:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •