Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Eagles Fan Here you guys ready for the game?

This game, IMO, hinges on the Rams' ability to disrupt Vick. If they can create pressure and force him into some mistakes, the Rams stand a good chance at opening the season with a win. If they can't make Vick feel the heat or he's able to escape pressure and find plays, it could be a long day.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

There are two things that we have seen in the preseason that will continue through the regular season that the Eagles will find out that will make them the "nightmare" team as opposed to the "dream" team.

One: the offensive line. Unless you're getting good upgrades, replacing 80% of your offensive line along with a new blocking scheme and new line coach, especially when your QB is fragile(he's not big at all) and has relied on his legs to escape hard hits, you're in trouble. Two rookies and a left guard all of a sudden playing right(blindside) tackle does not bode well.

The Eagles' offense is made to spread the field(best line up is 1 TE, 1 RB, 3 WR) with receivers as the starters at TE and RB positions. That means relying on the front five to block by themselves. If our front four can create havok and make Mudd and Reid keep help in, that will eliminate Celek or McCoy as weapons for the most part and will make it much easier on our back seven to stop the Maclin/Jackson express.

Two: The weak middle of the defense. With three top 20 cornerbacks, the Eagles' defense is expecting to hold a lead and force teams to pass. The Rams and the rest of the league need to do the exact opposite. With our new pickup at TE of Spach, we need to go with heavy sets(either 2 TE, 1RB or even 2&2 or 3&1) and keep their nickel off the field. Force the Eagles to defend the run with the weak DT's and weak linebacking corps. When we pass, let the Amazon Kend-L dominate in his first pro game by picking on seam routes against Matthews while sending Jackson out constantly against linebackers who can't cover him and safeties and corners who can't bring him down.

Summary: If we control the clock and work our way down the field against the base defense(and score this year), the potentially explosive Philly offense will need to pick up their pace and throw to keep up which means we can send Hall, Long and Quinn against their untested/new line with reckless abandon to bring down Vick. As long as we contain him and force him to throw into coverage(which he will if he can't run around), our secondary will be much better than the one he tossed 3 picks in a half to in the Pittsburgh game(both starting corners were out) and we should get a turnover or two.

My prediction: Their line will hold better than some expect, and they score their points, 17, but with a weak defensive middle, we put up our points as well while controlling the clock, and we win, with 20 or 23 points. Hope you all have Josh Brown as your fantasy kicker.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -09-06-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    I believe!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Last time the Rams opened the season against the Eagels, I remember Avery coughing up the kick off to begin the game. He's gone now, ST hopefully have such issues corrected by now. I like our chances against Philly. Bradford will put up better passing numbers than Vick. The Ed will need to be rocking to help dem RAMS!
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-07-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Well the points spread only has the Eagles by 5.5, so they must see the same things we see, and that is the Rams will make this one interesting. How well we can contain Vick's running game will be the key. He'll be getting constant pressure, the question is, can Long and Co get him sacked or just chase him out of the pocket? If it's the latter we may be in trouble, as a good scrambling QB has always done well against the Rams. How we contain Jackson in the PR game is another X factor. Look for Jackson, Amendola and Kendricks to have big games. Sure their CBs are the best in the league, but IMO we'll own the middle of the field on offense. To be honest teams like the Ravens and Steelers have me much more worried that the Eagles. I won't be surprised at all to see us win this one.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Last time the Rams opened the season against the Eagels, I remember Avery coughing up the kick off to begin the game. He's gone now, ST hopefully have such issues corrected by now. I like our chances against Philly. Bradford will put up better passing numbers than Vick. The Ed will need to be rocking to help dem RAMS!
    The ED will be rocking because the strong support of the CLANRAM will be there in numbers. BOLD prediction...I lose my voice for 2 weeks again! GO RAMS!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Well the points spread only has the Eagles by 5.5, so they must see the same things we see, and that is the Rams will make this one interesting. How well we can contain Vick's running game will be the key. He'll be getting constant pressure, the question is, can Long and Co get him sacked or just chase him out of the pocket? If it's the latter we may be in trouble, as a good scrambling QB has always done well against the Rams. How we contain Jackson in the PR game is another X factor. Look for Jackson, Amendola and Kendricks to have big games. Sure their CBs are the best in the league, but IMO we'll own the middle of the field on offense. To be honest teams like the Ravens and Steelers have me much more worried that the Eagles. I won't be surprised at all to see us win this one.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a 5.5 point spread for a road team equate to 8.5 if that same team was home? 5.5 seems a bit large in my opinion. I'm expecting a FG game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12