• 3 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By Fettmaster
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 5 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By RAMarkable
  • 1 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By sjacksonrules

Thread: Eagles fans chanting "Fire Andy!" hmmmmm.....

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Eagles fans chanting "Fire Andy!" hmmmmm.....

So i read an article on espn about how eagles fans were chanting "Fire Andy!"...The eagles are a huge mess and in a way worse cap situation than us and only have a couple more wins than us.

So if Andy Reid is let go in Phili would he jump to the top of the list for the rams?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Eagles fans chanting "Fire Andy!" hmmmmm.....

1st of all Andy is to big to jump anywhere

I would certainly be interested in him.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    1st of all Andy is to big to jump anywhere

I would certainly be interested in him.
    Absolutely, "the Walrus" would be a great addition. If the Rams could get a carbon copy of him, in another man. They would be crazy not too hire him.?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

My dad and best friend are Eagles fans, so I follow the team pretty closely. They're screaming fire Andy for a reason. He's a larger, more experienced Steve Spagnuolo, and I don't mean that in a good way. His game management skills and personnel decisions have driven Philly fans crazy for years now. His teams constantly fail in the playoffs, despite having incredible talent. Remember when he thought it'd be a good idea for Philly to give little old Micheal Vick a $100 million contract? Or remember when he tried building a dream team without any linebackers or O-lineman? No, no and no to Andy Reid.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -11-28-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    thermobee likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The way things are going around here I would welcome "constantly losing in the playoffs".
    ZiaRam likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    My dad and best friend are Eagles fans, so I follow the team pretty closely. They're screaming fire Andy for a reason. He's a larger, more experienced Steve Spagnuolo, and I don't mean that in a good way. His game management skills and personnel decisions have driven Philly fans crazy for years now. His teams constantly fail in the playoffs, despite having incredible talent. Remember when he thought it'd be a good idea for Philly to give little old Micheal Vick a $100 million contract? Or remember when he tried building a dream team without any linebackers or O-lineman? No, no and no to Andy Reid.
    I live in New Jersey, so I also am very familiar with Philadelphia. And with the exception of your father, your friend and a few others, I'll say that Philly fans are among the biggest a-holes in sports- and that's true for all of their sports teams. Their behavior is terrible, their expectations are unrealistic and their perspective warped. Chanting "fire Reid" while losing to New England with a back-up QB tells you all you need to know. New York wannabes, thinking anything less than a title is call for one's firing. Andy Reid is a good football coach. Yes, they've come up short a number of times and yes, their "dream team" is anything but, but you can do a lot worse than having Andy Reid as your head football coach-

-Steve Spagnuolo, for instance.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I live in New Jersey, so I also am very familiar with Philadelphia. And with the exception of your father, your friend and a few others, I'll say that Philly fans are among the biggest a-holes in sports- and that's true for all of their sports teams. Their behavior is terrible, their expectations are unrealistic and their perspective warped. Chanting "fire Reid" while losing to New England with a back-up QB tells you all you need to know. New York wannabes, thinking anything less than a title is call for one's firing. Andy Reid is a good football coach. Yes, they've come up short a number of times and yes, their "dream team" is anything but, but you can do a lot worse than having Andy Reid as your head football coach-

My sentiments precisely. Why would anyone give a #$%# what a "fan" from Philly has to say? Apparently the toxins in the water have caused them to forget what the Eagles were like before Reid got there.....The St. Louis Rams!!!

I certainly can remember what a complete joke that franchise was for years after Vermeil burned out and left. Heh...I still can also still remember the morons booing Reid's pick of Donovan McNabb on draft day many a year ago. They all wanted Ricky Williams; they were wrong...

We could do a LOT worst than Andy Reid...

Just sayin'

WHAT SAY YE?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Yeah we can do better too. I'm not saying I think Andy Reid isn't a good coach because other people say so, I'm saying I have watched a lot of Eagles games over the years and my own opinion is Andy Reid isn't that good of a coach. Just my two cents.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Imagine IF Spags was the HC of the Eagles and they were 29 and overall 10-33 as their HC.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I work with three highly educated eagles fans. All three agree on the same thing- they need a functional offensive line and they would be a lot better off hiring spags as their defensive coordinator than firing andy reid. If anyone things reid is a failure, who is a success besides cowher and a small handful of others. The real question if your fire reid is who do you think you are going to get that is better? In the rams case, the short answer would be just about anyone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

fearsome foursome is online now Registered User

I heard that at the end of the Rams game that there were chants of "fire Spags" but it just turned out to be crickets chirping.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I don't think we should cry for Spags. As others have pointed out, when he leaves the Rams, several teams will surely seek his services as a defensive coordinator. Going back to Philly certainly is plausible. In Reid's case, sometimes change is needed for all involved. He never won the big one in Philly, but was a part of a successful run there. I'd gladly trade that for what we've experienced in St. Louis the last 8 seasons. In any event, I don't see Reid jumping right into another head coaching job right away if Philly lets him go.

I'm sticking with Jeff Fisher as my choice when judgment day comes.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Reid's had 3 losing seasons in 13. He's been to the playoffs 9 times.

If the Philly fans are wanting his head, then they don't deserve him.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Rams are used to taking eagles castoffs so I am sure this would be their first option.
    ZiaRam likes this.