general counsel is offline Registered User

eagles missing two top receivers

Reggie Brown is not going to play sunday according to espn. Someone can post the article. Curtis is obviously out. They will rely a lot on westbrook of course and tight end lj smith. Tight ends have historically killed us on the receiving side. If we can get pressure on mcnabb, the missing receivers could be key. If we dont get pressure, it wont matter all that much.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: eagles missing two top receivers

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Tight ends have historically killed us on the receiving side.
    Isn't that the truth. And why is that year after year (much like our much-maligned STs) we are absolutely torched by just about every tight end we play? Does anybody have a theory on this one? Or is it much like all of our theories on why the Rams Special Teams stink it up every year?

WHAT SAY YE?

Dominating D is offline Registered User

However,

The electrifying rookie Jackson will get his start. Not sure if thats good or bad for the Rams?

Go RAMS

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Isn't that the truth. And why is that year after year (much like our much-maligned STs) we are absolutely torched by just about every tight end we play? Does anybody have a theory on this one? Or is it much like all of our theories on why the Rams Special Teams stink it up every year?

WHAT SAY YE?
    My theory is that the middle of our D-line is too soft allowing the guards on the other team to tie up our linebackers creating a soft spot in the middle of the zone for tight ends to run wild over the middle. Especially when the wide outs take our corners and safety deep on a pattern.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think the issue is that our linebackers, specifically, pisa, havent been very good in coverage. In fact, i think pisa is terrible in coverage. I dont believe that the guards blocking our linebackers makes a ton of sense on pass plays as that would result in illegal receiver down field, unless you were referring to blitz situations.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Fakir will suite up!!! That should make coverage even better. With brown and Curtis out, our Db's will keep those young recievers in check. this will give Hasslette more confidence in sending in multiple blitz packages. I really like our chances.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    The electrifying rookie Jackson will get his start. Not sure if thats good or bad for the Rams?

Go RAMS
    I was watching NFL Total Access the other day and the "experts" were raving about Jackson. Guess we'll see how smart they are tomorrow.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think the issue is that our linebackers, specifically, pisa, havent been very good in coverage. In fact, i think pisa is terrible in coverage. I dont believe that the guards blocking our linebackers makes a ton of sense on pass plays as that would result in illegal receiver down field, unless you were referring to blitz situations.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I would have to completely agree. Pisa has below average coverage skills and before him in the Cover 2, Archuleta had extremely poor coverage skills.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I would have to completely agree. Pisa has below average coverage skills and before him in the Cover 2, Archuleta had extremely poor coverage skills.
    Pisa's coverage skills, debatable as they may be, are not going to cause us to lose this game ...

The guy has 7 INT's and 23 pass defensed in 68 career games. I saw him in position for 2 INT's this preseason. He is by no means horrible in coverage, he's average in terms of what a linebacker should be. Chillar was horrible in coverage ....

orbitram is offline Registered User

Mcnabb sucks- we pick him 3 times,
    were the better team.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    My theory is that the middle of our D-line is too soft allowing the guards on the other team to tie up our linebackers creating a soft spot in the middle of the zone for tight ends to run wild over the middle. Especially when the wide outs take our corners and safety deep on a pattern.
    I don't see how that could happen. As soon as the linebackers turn to run with the receivers, they couldn't be blocked anyway because blocking from behind is illegal. With the linebackers moving backwards, the guards would have to be pancaking our defensive linemen instantaneously and then running down linebackers 40 pounds lighter than themselves before the backers had a chance to turn away from them. Also, there would be no pocket protecting the quarterback what with the guards chasing down linebackers. I'm fairly certain I would have remembered seeing that.

If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't the strongside linebacker or safety normally be assigned to cover a tight end?

GreatestShowonTurf is offline Registered User

Could we be in for a passing battle today?

-The Eagles have thrown for an average of 96 passing yards more than their opponent over the last three opening days.
    -The Rams have thrown for an average of 64 passing yards more than their opponent over the last three opening days.
    Sources:
    http://killersports.com/nfl.py...mp;submit=query
    http://killersports.com/nfl.py...mp;submit=query