ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Early odds

http://www.scoreslinespicks.com/nfl-...l-betting.html

Seahawks (-3.5)
    Rams

Chargers (-8.5)

Bears (-10)
    Cardinals

So.. if the Shawks are favored by 3 1/2 IN St Loo they oddsmakers think they are 6 1/2 points the better team....?

I guess that is why we play the game instead of just comparing stats..

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Early odds

The odds really should be even. But I understand it's still the first half of the season and we're not supposed to be 4-1. No one expected us to be there.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

3.5 underdogs at home? i say people expect us to win this one.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HawksKillRams View Post
    Actually, if you can just lose by less than 14, I'd say that's a pretty successfull outing for you. After all, the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks swept you last year, right? And besides, you know as well as I do that you're the luckiest 4-1 in the league.
    The harder we play, the luckier we get.

general counsel is offline Registered User

keep in mind that they are coming off a bye week and that impacts the odds as well. I would expect that we would be 6 1/2 point favorites if we were playing this game on the road so the line doesnt surprise me. The initial vegas line reported yesterday night on the hawks board was 2 1/2. Dont kid yourselves guys, the vegas line doesnt lie, it reflects very accurate and knowledgeable predictions of results and relative strength of both the teams and the money bet on those teams, which isnt always the same thing. It doesnt mean the line will always reflect the final result, but go look sometimes at how accurate it turns out to be (note the rams were 3 point favorites over the pack this week).

There are two main reasons for the accuracy of the line. First, there is no emotion in it. The people that set the line arent fans of anyone. Second, the access to information available to the people that set the line is extraordinary, far beyond what the usual "experts" have. Money is no object for those setting the vegas line. They know full well who is really hurt and how bad and that is very significant is evaluating potential results.

I think this is a game we can and will win. However, we are playing the nfc champs who beat us twice last year and like it or not, we have been very lucky up to this point. In the detroit and green bay games, you can argue that we made our own luck with great plays at crucial points in the game and that is true to an extent, but the arizona win was truly a miracle, a game we had given away.

ramming speed to all

general counsel