general counsel is offline Registered User

eberle schultz acquired!

Among my many passions in collecting rams memorabilia is my recognition of our all time great offensive linemen. We have such a great tradition of unheralded stars on the oline. The big names are obviously slater, mack and pace, but dennis harrah, doug smith, rich saul, ken iman, leon mcglaughlin, charlie cowan, kent hill, joe scibelli, timmerman, nutten (spiritual purposes), riley "rattlesnake" matheson, bob brown (only two years of course) and many many other notables who made multiple probowls abound as well.

I just acquired a signed 8x10 of eberle schultz, pictured in a cleveland rams uniform. Its a vintage shot, potentially the only one of its kind. Schultz was probably the first great rams offensive tackle and he was a first team all pro on our first title team, the infamous 1945 squad. Ask dez about him, i believe that dez attended the title game against washington played in a freezing cold municipal stadium in cleveland in front of about 32,000 people which we won 15-14.

Schultz was a very very big man for his day, he was 6' 4" 252. Equating that to current size players makes him enormous for his era. A real terror from what little i have been able to read, protecting bob waterfield.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: eberle schultz acquired!

Don't know if I ever heard of the guy, but that goes to show you know your stuff!
    I myself will be going to see Warner speak in Pomona the 18th of march. Hope to get a pic with him to share with the CLAN!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!