Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Edward jones dome $30 million refurbishment commences

--Expected completion is July of 2009--

ST. LOUIS – The Edward Jones Dome will look a bit spiffier for this year’s football season. As part of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission’s (CVC) lease agreement with the St. Louis Rams, a number of upgrades will be made to the structure, which opened in 1995.

“We’re pleased to move forward with these improvements to the Edward Jones Dome because our goal is to provide our fans with the best possible environment to experience St. Louis Rams football,” said Bruce Sommer, Director of America’s Center. “We expect these upgrades to significantly enhance the fan experience at the Edward Jones Dome.”

“The Rams are excited about the on field product we are assembling for the 2009 season as well the refurbishment of the Edward Jones Dome,” said Bob Wallace, Executive Vice President/General Counsel, St. Louis Rams. “We believe these collective enhancements will deliver a dramatically different entertainment experience to our valued fans.”

The refurbishment, scheduled to be completed by the start of the 2009 football season, includes new scoreboards and video boards as well as the creation of a public space on the north end of the concourse level that will allow viewing access of the field. Other improvements include a new Premium Club in the south end of the club level as well as a renovated Rams Club in the north end of the club level that will provide club seat holders and suite owners with the ability to watch live action on the field from the seating areas. Also new will be a super-suite, which will combine four suites to create roughly 72 seats that can be purchased as individual tickets. Additional details of the refurbishment include:

The north end zone scoreboard and ad panels will be replaced with a new video board three times the size of the existing board and will feature new LED technology.
    The remaining north end zone scoreboard space will have new ad panels as well as openings to the Rams Club. This will provide fans with the ability to watch live game action on the field from the seating area in the Rams Club. The renovated Rams Club will also feature an enhanced audio-visual experience with more televisions and better viewing angles.
    The south end zone scoreboards and ad panels will also be replaced with a new LED video board that is twice the size of the current version. It will feature the same state-of-the-art technology as the new north board.
    The remaining south end zone scoreboard spaces will be opened to a new Premium Club with inside lounge spaces, game areas and other amenities. The Premium Club will have a private elevator and adjacent parking.

Both new clubs on the north and south ends will allow some daylight into the bowl area, and most of the dark blue paint in the bowl will be replaced with a lighter color scheme to brighten the bowl.
    A new large corporate suite in the northeast corner of the bowl will allow companies to purchase individual suite seats.
    New upscale seating is being added to the bowl seating area, complete with individual snack tables and televisions, as well as table dining opportunities.

The large Highway 70 marquee in front of the building will be replaced with new LED technology.

360 Architecture is the company overseeing the improvements, which are part of the agreement to bring the Edward Jones Dome to first tier standards by March 1, 2015, as required by the Rams’ lease with the CVC.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Edward jones dome $30 million refurbishment commences

Let me edit to make this article more accurate:

Aside from lighting and scoreboards nothing will be improved for the average fan, but those with tons of money will see all sorts of improvements.

There, that's better.

mmm, I think lighting and score board is a BIG improvement myself.

I would have liked to see the seating changed to blue seats rather than the cardinal red ones.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Let me edit to make this article more accurate:

Aside from lighting and scoreboards nothing will be improved for the average fan, but those with tons of money will see all sorts of improvements.

There, that's better.
    That's an awful big aside, BW. The lighting and the scoreboards are the worst components that affects EVERY ticket holder regardless of seat.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Any improvement to lighting would be welcomed. I found it to be dark and dingy there at the Ed, but then again I was in the rafters, so maybe I was above the light?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I don't mean to suggest that the changes to the scoreboards and lightning aren't major improvements, they are. But I would have liked to see alot more "common" upgrades. Paint changes to the seats that someone mentioned being a really good example. No problem with the upgrades to the club areas either, just that there's more that could be done in the more common areas and I think it's a shame they didn't do it.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I hear you wing. One of the problems with the Ed, and I dont want anyone hear thinking I'm a St Louis Hata here, is that in my opinion it is a convention center first and a football stadium second. The reason that leads to issues is because the people who sign the checks for the improvements have to justify the improvements in that order of priority and in these times that could be more difficult.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We do need to change the seats. Turn them white or blue.

I am excited to see the changes. Hopefully it feels invigorating walking into the dome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Sounds like they're getting the dome ready for our return to the playoffs next year.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'll settle simply for a major improvement in the performance of the football team.

HornIt is offline Registered User

So what section of the spending bill that's going through Congress right now will we find this in I wonder?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

They are also adding beer taps, tortilla chip bins and nacho cheese dispensers on the back of every seat.

ferragamotowaddy is offline Registered User

While improvement on the field is the main concern, I do think that these improvements may generate much improved buzz for the fans.

And, any noise coming from the stands or anything that improves the 12th man, is good for the team.

As a Ram fan for 31 years, I haven't been this optimistic since learning about how Georgia came to control and eventually ruin the team.

I live 5 hours away and used to attend a game or two a year.

I plan on going again this year for the first time since the Niner home loss week 2 of 2007.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nj ramsfan1 View Post
    i'll settle simply for a major improvement in the performance of the football team.

bingo! We have a winner!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast