RamWraith is offline Registered User

Edward Jones Dome to Feature New Daktronics Integrated Video & Scoring System

Tues., March. 3, 2009

BROOKINGS, S.D., March 3, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Daktronics Inc. (NasdaqAKT) of Brookings, S.D. will design and manufacture a number of integrated light emitting diode (LED) video and scoring system upgrades for the Edward Jones Dome, home of the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League. The multi-million dollar system is scheduled to be installed in the summer of 2009.

Two video displays at each end zone will anchor the state-of-the-art system featuring the latest Daktronics LED video technology with the capabilities to present live and recorded video images, colorful animation and vivid graphics with incredible brightness and wide angle visibility. The larger north end zone display will measure approximately 77 feet wide by 20 feet high with a second display on the opposite end of the stadium that will measure 36 feet wide by 20 feet high. Both displays will feature Daktronics HD-16 LED technology offering a long lifetime with minimal maintenance and low power consumption, providing value and excitement for years to come.

"The updates will enhance our multitude of operations and we look forward to the atmosphere on opening day in 2009," said Bruce Sommer, Director of America's Center which oversees the Edward Jones Dome. "Seeing Daktronics displays in use around the country, we saw a high-quality product with the reliability to be a solid investment for our organization."

Along the fascia of the stadium, nearly 750 linear feet of a full color, digital LED display will be installed. Daktronics ProAd(r) digital ribbon displays offer complete flexibility. When not showing exciting graphics, animation, stats, or out-of-town game scores, advertisers are highlighted with a wide variety of visuals and messages. Daktronics will also be providing LED delay of game and locker room clocks.

A double-sided HD-16 marquee display measuring 12 feet by 28 feet display will not only welcome fans to the Edward Jones Dome, but also advertise upcoming events throughout the America's Center complex. Daktronics will also install nine smaller displays to be located directly above the main entrances into the stadium.

The scoring, timing, video and messaging will be integrated through Daktronics proven control system.

"This project will give the upgrades Edward Jones Dome will need to move forward as a modern multi-purpose facility," said Chris DeVolder of 360 Architecture. "LED video technology is an essential component in giving any sports facility the atmosphere it needs for a true home-field advantage."

"We look forward to working on these upgrades with the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, who manages the Dome and is providing these improvements," said Regional Sales Manager Tony Mulder. "Daktronics appreciates being selected to bring this state-of-the-art technology to St. Louis. This facility will be an even more exciting venue for the fans that attend the wide range of events the Edward Jones Dome hosts."

Daktronics is the leading provider of large screen video, scoring and timing systems. Other recent and upcoming NFL projects include systems for the Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, and Pittsburgh Steelers.

About Edward Jones Dome

The $280 million facility opened on November 12, 1995, with an NFL match-up between the newly minted St. Louis Rams and the Carolina Panthers. Since then, the building has hosted major conventions, elaborate trade shows and exhibitions and touring entertainment acts as varied as rock concerts, motocross races and monster truck rallies. And, in combination with the five other America's Center exhibit halls, the Dome has hosted a Mass celebrated by Pope John Paul II, which was the largest indoor gathering ever held in the U.S. The facility has also played host to numerous amateur and professional sporting events, including the 2005 NCAA(r) Men's Final Four(r).

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Edward Jones Dome to Feature New Daktronics Integrated Video & Scoring System

That is part some contract the Ed has, right? It's suppose to be in the top something % of NFL stadiums when evaluated every so often, or at least that's what it used to be.
    Hopefully I can make a game sometime soon to check it out.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Edward Jones Dome to Feature New Daktronics Integrated Video & Scoring System

Once installed, I think it is only fair to display the words "Dallas Sucks!" to determine the quality of the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

That sounds pretty cool. I like the upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

It's funny, because so many complain about the dome and what it looks like ...

But since I am so far away and only get to go to a couple games a year, when I get there I feel like I am in heaven ... LOL

I could careless about the color scheme or the outdated fixtures ...