In case you didn't see it, you missed a heck of a good game yesterday. Well, it was good until the last couple of minutes. From our view (on the Rams side, near the endzone, nine rows back) we could see things very clearly when the fight was on our end of the field. Here's what I noticed from the game (and comments from people afterwards):
1. Keith Null looked good. During pre-game warmups, both he and Boller were tossing the ball - and Boller looked like the rookie. He looked almost cold-blooded on the field. The only time he seemed to get angry was when he threw that pick.
2. The first time Steven Jackson got the ball, I swear the Texans defense said a collective "oh crap" while trying to bring him down.
3. Laurainitis IS all over the field. One second he'll be on one side, the next he's on the other. I can't believe someone his size is that fast. Chuck Norris better watchout - "Son of Animal" is tougher.
4. Contrary to common belief, the 47,000+ fans there yesterday were quite loud after the first few minutes. With Sami yelling, it sounded like there was 66,000 there.
5. ONE person in the whole place indicated he wanted Vick. When he held up a sign saying "We Want Vick", he was booed. Loudly. VERY loudly.
6. We did not need a "Wear A Bra" sign. Thankfully.
7. Chris Long is underrated.
8. I am still amazed at how high a Donnie Jones punt can go.
9. There were not very many Texans fans in attendance.
10. The run defense looked good. Really good. That part of the defense is coming together well.
11. The team stayed in the game until the end. I swear the next person who claims the Rams give up needs to go to a game or keep quiet.
12. You don't want to bust open SJ's lip. It happened yesterday, and that man had a look in his eyes that only crazy people get...
13. The team IS better off without Cogs.
14. Several of the players stood out in the cold with the few fans who stayed after the game to sign autographs. I think they signed something for every kid there. Considering it was only about 25 degrees with a 17 degree wind chill, I thought this was quite cool of them. The ones who took time to talk to the kids a little bit - Keith Null, Chris Long, James Laurainitis, Clinton Hart, Jason Brown, Danny Amendola, and Quincy Butler. Even those who didn't stay long made the little ones smile. Sami even got in on it, got herself a football with 13 signatures. Her and my other daughter decided Amendola was a "hottie".
I've been trying to upload some pics of the game, but for some reason, the site won't let me. I have some up on my facebook page, and will post more there in the next couple of days.