Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Elephant in the room

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Elephant in the room

It needs to be said because we're all thinking it. We are back to being pathetic.

I was one of those people who thought if we get rid of steven jackson, then that means Bradford will be unleashed and all of a sudden, this ridiculously good QB is going to emerge and take us to the promise land. I was wrong.

This is me just speaking as a fan so criticize all you want.

Bradford is not our guy. At best, he's a future Tony Romo. You wanna defend Bradford? How about you go look at other forums. You really think there are as many threads about Andrew Luck as there are about Bradford? Ya'll can blame the OC, you can blame the line, you can blame the young receivers.....but Bradford is not elite, he doesn't play like he's elite, he's just a filler QB in my opinion.

Our running backs are just terrible. We basically have a Chris Johnson with not as much speed and worst hands in the back field. Seriously? I'm looking at every game we've played this year and if you thought we didn't need Steven Jackson...i'm sure you're changing your mind right around now.

It's cool to play old school football like Fisher is trying to do...but it doesn't work anymore. Old school can get you a couple of wins, but that's it. Old school football didn't work in Tennessee until they had a ridiculous o and d-line like they did back in 2007. Fisher needs to get with the times. I'd rather see us lose the game with Bradford throwing the ball all game that to watch these pathetic displays.

I don't even wanna talk about our defense. They don't decide to play until the second half. Finnegan can't cover his face when he sneezes. Receivers are having their way with him. Our d-line shows some sign of life at times, but I'm sorry, you get paid WAAAAAAAAAY too much money to play every now and again. Safeties? I would've thought we didn't even have safeties on the field.

Special teams is an abomination to the eyes. If they aren't blocking in the back or some other ridiculous penalty, they just let Tavon Austin get swarmed. Yeah, he's suppose to be a playmaker, but he needs to realize this isn't the Big 12. Dancing = negative yards.

This team is an embarrassment. I've been here with you guys for 1-15, 2-14 (twice), 3-13. But right now, I am truly ashamed to say out loud, "I'm a Rams fan." Our receivers are not threats to anyone, we have a mediocre future Tony Romo at QB, we have no signs of a run game, and to compare our offensive line: If our O-line played COD MW3 the way they protect the QB, I would get a MOAB every game on them....TWICE.

My point is, we are a joke again. We are worst than a joke because at least with Steven Jackson, we had someone people would play in fantasy. I mean seriously, our 2 best players are the punter and the kicker....SERIOUSLY.

I can't see myself sitting through another season of 56-0, 49-0 losses again. That's my rant and if you don't agree with it, that's fine, we are all fans and we all get to state our opinion.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Elephant in the room

Do you think Fisher is going to get with the times? If not, what would you propose and when?

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

Too bad Bradford doesnt have the 4th best rushing attack in the NFL like Andrew Luck. So why would their be any threads about Luck?

I just think we need a healthy line. I mean, we had a decent line last year and only won 7 games. I seriously think it's time we really look at if Bradford is our guy. Elite QB's can win with anybody. People like Bradford need a super tight end (like witten or gates) and 1 ridiculously good WR at least (like vincent jackson or marques colston) and a whole lotta protection. If he was an Aaron Rodgers, we wouldn't be in the situation.
    PARamfan likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    It needs to be said because we're all thinking it. We are back to being pathetic.

I was one of those people who thought if we get rid of steven jackson, then that means Bradford will be unleashed and all of a sudden, this ridiculously good QB is going to emerge and take us to the promise land. I was wrong.

This is me just speaking as a fan so criticize all you want.

Bradford is not our guy. At best, he's a future Tony Romo. You wanna defend Bradford? How about you go look at other forums. You really think there are as many threads about Andrew Luck as there are about Bradford? Ya'll can blame the OC, you can blame the line, you can blame the young receivers.....but Bradford is not elite, he doesn't play like he's elite, he's just a filler QB in my opinion.

Our running backs are just terrible. We basically have a Chris Johnson with not as much speed and worst hands in the back field. Seriously? I'm looking at every game we've played this year and if you thought we didn't need Steven Jackson...i'm sure you're changing your mind right around now.

It's cool to play old school football like Fisher is trying to do...but it doesn't work anymore. Old school can get you a couple of wins, but that's it. Old school football didn't work in Tennessee until they had a ridiculous o and d-line like they did back in 2007. Fisher needs to get with the times. I'd rather see us lose the game with Bradford throwing the ball all game that to watch these pathetic displays.

I don't even wanna talk about our defense. They don't decide to play until the second half. Finnegan can't cover his face when he sneezes. Receivers are having their way with him. Our d-line shows some sign of life at times, but I'm sorry, you get paid WAAAAAAAAAY too much money to play every now and again. Safeties? I would've thought we didn't even have safeties on the field.

Special teams is an abomination to the eyes. If they aren't blocking in the back or some other ridiculous penalty, they just let Tavon Austin get swarmed. Yeah, he's suppose to be a playmaker, but he needs to realize this isn't the Big 12. Dancing = negative yards.

This team is an embarrassment. I've been here with you guys for 1-15, 2-14 (twice), 3-13. But right now, I am truly ashamed to say out loud, "I'm a Rams fan." Our receivers are not threats to anyone, we have a mediocre future Tony Romo at QB, we have no signs of a run game, and to compare our offensive line: If our O-line played COD MW3 the way they protect the QB, I would get a MOAB every game on them....TWICE.

My point is, we are a joke again. We are worst than a joke because at least with Steven Jackson, we had someone people would play in fantasy. I mean seriously, our 2 best players are the punter and the kicker....SERIOUSLY.

I can't see myself sitting through another season of 56-0, 49-0 losses again. That's my rant and if you don't agree with it, that's fine, we are all fans and we all get to state our opinion.
    While certainly not the popular view...I have felt for some time that our QB is a middle of road guy.....likeable for sure....but one of many that get the big bucks and never live up to the expectation and hype surrounding him. Into his fourth year and still too many troublesome spots for me. But, to be fair, there are sooooo many glaring holes that have popped up....He is not the reason Rams are pathetic.
    PARamfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    While certainly not the popular view...I have felt for some time that our QB is a middle of road guy.....likeable for sure....but one of many that get the big bucks and never live up to the expectation and hype surrounding him. Into his fourth year and still too many troublesome spots for me. But, to be fair, there are sooooo many glaring holes that have popped up....He is not the reason Rams are pathetic.
    He's not the only reason, but he's is definately not a part of the solution. let's not forget that we still haven't had a winning season since.....um....2004 maybe?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Ummmm....didn't the Rams just get beaten by old school football; run plays that were dusty before Fisher's nuts dropped, smash-mouth OL & DL play, a fullback, etc ?
    Bradford didn't play well yesterday but his mistakes only stand out so starkly because of the poor catching, blocking, and tackling of the team in general,imo.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Finnegan can't cover his face when he sneezes.
    In all fairness to Finnegan, he reportedly has a broken nose, so covering his face when he sneezes could be difficult.

I've been here with you guys for 1-15, 2-14 (twice), 3-13. But right now, I am truly ashamed to say out loud, "I'm a Rams fan."
    I've been through a lot in my 42 years as a Rams fan, but for some reason, I've never had a problem telling anyone that the Rams were my team. In fact, I'm making the trip from So Cal to St. Louis a week from today, and I'll be decked out in Rams gear the entire time.
    RealRam and PARamfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Ummmm....didn't the Rams just get beaten by old school football; run plays that were dusty before Fisher's nuts dropped, smash-mouth OL & DL play, a fullback, etc ?
    Bradford didn't play well yesterday but his mistakes only stand out so starkly because of the poor catching, blocking, and tackling of the team in general,imo.
    We did get beat by old football, but WE don't have the personnel to do it, yet we are still trying.

I disagree on some of this. I believe we had a chance early on and was aghast that a wide open Pettis was not given any chance to catch a very easy TD. We were very much in it and in control at that time. Then, while in Fg range, the interception that was thrown into double coverage seems to really change the momentum of this game. I would expect a 4th year, top pick QB to hit his wide open receiver and TO not underthrow a ball into double coverage....after that, it was a team effort in regards to blow up......

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I disagree on some of this. I believe we had a chance early on and was aghast that a wide open Pettis was not given any chance to catch a very easy TD. We were very much in it and in control at that time. Then, while in Fg range, the interception that was thrown into double coverage seems to really change the momentum of this game. I would expect a 4th year, top pick QB to hit his wide open receiver and TO not underthrow a ball into double coverage....after that, it was a team effort in regards to blow up......
    The Quick pass certainly looked like an underthrown ball but i didn't see much from Quick in terms of adjusting to the ball & avoiding getting pinned against the sideline.I have no problem with Sam taking a shot there- big-bodied WRs like Calvin, Boldin, Fitz, et al that BQ aspires to become can help their QB out on that play despite a mediocre throw & , let's face it, Whitner just made an awesome play. Not sure on the Pettis play; looked to me like AP may have got a little giddy to be so in the clear that he turned back & slowed down too soon .

Blame whomever you prefer for the missed chances but the big-picture reality is,imo, that poor pass pro and runblocking made those deep scoring chances as rare as hen's teeth.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    Too bad Bradford doesnt have the 4th best rushing attack in the NFL like Andrew Luck. So why would their be any threads about Luck?
    That's a crazy stat because any Football Network you listen to bashes the Colts Oline as being below par.
    Then of course, with the 4th best runnign game in the league, Indianapolis parts with a 1st round pick to get TRichardson.
    Somethng doenst add up about the Colts.

Now-- Luck took over a team that was what? 2-14? or something akin to that that turned that team into a playoff team with arguably lesser talent on that whole roster than we have.

Luck threw alot of interceptions last year (and went 11-5) but the difference between him and Bradford is that he has that intangible--- that WILL TO WIN, and come hell or highwater, he's gonan MAKE it happen.
    PARamfan and ljcrayton like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

With every game that passes Bradford is looking like a Jason Campbell to me.

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Now-- Luck took over a team that was what? 2-14? or something akin to that that turned that team into a playoff team with arguably lesser talent on that whole roster than we have.

Luck threw alot of interceptions last year (and went 11-5) but the difference between him and Bradford is that he has that intangible--- that WILL TO WIN, and come hell or highwater, he's gonan MAKE it happen.
    That's what we deserve out of Bradford

The Quick pass certainly looked like an underthrown ball but i didn't see much from Quick in terms of adjusting to the ball & avoiding getting pinned against the sideline.I have no problem with Sam taking a shot there- big-bodied WRs like Calvin, Boldin, Fitz, et al that BQ aspires to become can help their QB out on that play despite a mediocre throw & , let's face it, Whitner just made an awesome play. Not sure on the Pettis play; looked to me like AP may have got a little giddy to be so in the clear that he turned back & slowed down too soon .

Blame whomever you prefer for the missed chances but the big-picture reality is,imo, that poor pass pro and runblocking made those deep scoring chances as rare as hen's teeth.
    I suppose we all see what we see. I think if you throw a ball into double coverage to a big tall guy, you put it up where he can only get to it. And yes, Quick is not the most experienced with adjustments (another thread perhaps) but still, I saw it more on the QB then him or Pettis and feel the game really spiraled out of control after that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast