Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Elephant in the room

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Elephant in the room

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    To me, the real elephant in the room would be why didn't Fisher go after a quarterback in the draft instead of Austin and put Sam on notice?
    Because we can't move Bradford's contract so a draft pick on "a guy to push Bradford" would be just as wasted as the one burned on say...Eric Crouch or Trung Candidate. It's an empty threat.

That and there weren't any good QBs in the draft.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    In all fairness to Finnegan, he reportedly has a broken nose, so covering his face when he sneezes could be difficult.

I've been through a lot in my 42 years as a Rams fan, but for some reason, I've never had a problem telling anyone that the Rams were my team. In fact, I'm making the trip from So Cal to St. Louis a week from today, and I'll be decked out in Rams gear the entire time.
    Thank goodness, I thought you were going to wear your birthday suit all weekend again...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    So our next qb is Jay Cutler?
    We had our shot a Cutler but decided that Bulger was our man so we drafted Tye Hill.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    It needs to be said because we're all thinking it. We are back to being pathetic.

I was one of those people who thought if we get rid of steven jackson, then that means Bradford will be unleashed and all of a sudden, this ridiculously good QB is going to emerge and take us to the promise land. I was wrong.
    Our passing game is ranked 12th in the NFL after for weeks. Yeah you where wrong if you thought Sam was taking us to the promise land if we moved on from SJ.

This is me just speaking as a fan so criticize all you want.

Bradford is not our guy. At best, he's a future Tony Romo. You wanna defend Bradford? How about you go look at other forums. You really think there are as many threads about Andrew Luck as there are about Bradford? Ya'll can blame the OC, you can blame the line, you can blame the young receivers.....but Bradford is not elite, he doesn't play like he's elite, he's just a filler QB in my opinion.
    Again not seeing anyone saying Bradford is elite,,, but I'm still seeing better numbers from him each year. If you thought he was going to become elite this year that's on you. If you don't ever think he will be elite that's your opinion, and you might be right it sure looks that way after the last two games. But only time will tell, heck Eli Manning was once considered elite after four games this year and a 0-4 start and his lead leading 10 INT and his RAT of 66 he looks more like a rookie. My point is don't be so quick to pass judgment, only time will tell.

Our running backs are just terrible. We basically have a Chris Johnson with not as much speed and worst hands in the back field. Seriously? I'm looking at every game we've played this year and if you thought we didn't need Steven Jackson...i'm sure you're changing your mind right around now.
    Our backs are a mess I agree, but SJax would be standing on the sideline just like he is on the 1-3 Falcons IMO. SJax was a great back, we now need to find the next great back for the Rams.

It's cool to play old school football like Fisher is trying to do...but it doesn't work anymore. Old school can get you a couple of wins, but that's it. Old school football didn't work in Tennessee until they had a ridiculous o and d-line like they did back in 2007. Fisher needs to get with the times. I'd rather see us lose the game with Bradford throwing the ball all game that to watch these pathetic displays.
    I have yet to see any old school football this year. We have no running game to speak of. I wish we had some but I have yet to see anything looking like ground chuck.

I don't even wanna talk about our defense. They don't decide to play until the second half. Finnegan can't cover his face when he sneezes. Receivers are having their way with him. Our d-line shows some sign of life at times, but I'm sorry, you get paid WAAAAAAAAAY too much money to play every now and again. Safeties? I would've thought we didn't even have safeties on the field.
    I agree here, the defense was supposed to keep us in games while this younger offense get it's legs. Cort will have to step it up big time or he needs to redo his deal next year.

Special teams is an abomination to the eyes. If they aren't blocking in the back or some other ridiculous penalty, they just let Tavon Austin get swarmed. Yeah, he's suppose to be a playmaker, but he needs to realize this isn't the Big 12. Dancing = negative yards.
    I agree on the blocking and the scheme from Bones... they stink. TA well he has had a few get called back and is trying to make something out of nothing IMO.

This team is an embarrassment. I've been here with you guys for 1-15, 2-14 (twice), 3-13. But right now, I am truly ashamed to say out loud, "I'm a Rams fan." Our receivers are not threats to anyone, we have a mediocre future Tony Romo at QB, we have no signs of a run game, and to compare our offensive line: If our O-line played COD MW3 the way they protect the QB, I would get a MOAB every game on them....TWICE.
    I think you may be overacting a bit. The fan base got ahead of itself and why not we had a lot to get excited about. Well we got a realty check and 2014-2015 is going to be the year we should make the playoffs not this year as some of us hoped but not all let themselves get fooled.

My point is, we are a joke again. We are worst than a joke because at least with Steven Jackson, we had someone people would play in fantasy. I mean seriously, our 2 best players are the punter and the kicker....SERIOUSLY.
    Fantasy and xbox is not what I'm in it for... build a winner not just one or two players that some respect.

I can't see myself sitting through another season of 56-0, 49-0 losses again. That's my rant and if you don't agree with it, that's fine, we are all fans and we all get to state our opinion

I hope that's not what coming but if it is... I will watch it all but deal with it, with an eye for the future.

Good rant by the way!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123