Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    RamFanOH is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    I don't recall if I took part in this as a mailing, or on the Rams website, but, the Rams ticket office sent out a questionaire this season to ask season ticket holders if they would be interested in a program that would help in redistributing un-wanted or un-usable tickets. So they are at least considering some type of program. As a season ticket holder, living in Ohio, I know that this would be a huge benefit. But I sincerely doubt that pre-season tickets would be accepted in any program, as the Rams ticket office would be deluged with un-wanted scrimmage tickets. I sold my Colt tickets on e-Bay for $22, 75% of face value. A beating that the NFL owners aren't going to be willing to take. When going to a game I have many things to take into account besides the 6 hour drive. Hotel, weather, etc. (gas prices !). A main sticking point with me for the pre-season games is that they aren't normally played on work friendly evenings. I plan on attending the Houston game, but it is on an unusual Saturday evening. Last season, a little less willing to take a beating on tickets (foolishly), I ended up eating them. When the season opens against Denver, Broadway will be packed and the sold out Ed will be full again. Players don't like pre-season games, and don't want to play them. Why are surprised that the fans don't like them, for whatever their reasons are ?


  2. #47
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    With a family of 6 going to a preseason game would cost at least $300. Itís easy for all the people that live far enough away to say they would go if the lived in St. Louis. Itís also easy for those that have the extra money to blow on a preseason game to criticize the St. Louis fans. However in my opinion I would not take $300 away from my family for one preseason game were the starters don't play but the first quarter. I think this is a ridiculous post to bash the fans. I still spend a lot of time rooting for the Rams and will always consider myself a Ram fan. I went to a game last year but I am not going to blow close to $2,000 - $3,000 a year on season tickets. No my money goes to better things like church and family. I think it would be crazy for me to spend that kind of money on preseason games. I think the teams charge way too much for preseason games. I agree with many other statements here that people should wait until the season starts before bashing the St. Louis fans. After all they helped support the team when they were not doing good and that support ultimately lead to a championship team.

  3. #48
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    When the best seat in the house is in your house, It doesn't seem to smart to pay that kinda money on a pre season game! Sorry Georgia! Pre-season games should be free or at least 1/3 the price!:confused:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  4. #49
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    This is a fans site with the majority of the money earned for the team that everyone supports coming from the St. Louis fan base. I think we should be more concerned about the play on the field then the people in the stands. Like others have said St. Louis has sold out every regular season game since 1995 thatís 11 years and counting. Be glad that St. Louis is selling out the regular season games every year giving the team revenue.

  5. #50
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    I have to agree with the Thursday night thing. That was certainly a factor.

    Unfortunately, as a group, Rams fans are docile as compared to other fans of other teams. There are many passive fans that have season tickets and only care about going when the Rams are hot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #51
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,605
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    I will repeat myself for the 10th time since people continue to respond to threads that werent posted. I am not suggesting that people should spend 300 to take their families to a preseason game.

    The bashing of the fans is directed at the season tix holders who ALREADY PAID FOR THE TIX and didnt either go or give the tix away to someone that wanted to go.

    I can tell you this. I dont want to pay for the preseason tix either but i sure ask around plenty for people that dont want to use theirs (falcons, i live in atlanta). The dome is pretty close to full. People that dont use them give them away and they are in demand preciously because people dont want to pay full price but are happy to go either for free or at the dramatically slashed prices that they are available for on ebay. You can get into the stadium for about 15 per ticket, sometimes less.

    I am NOT criticizing many of the hard working rams fans that have issues affording the tix. I am criticizing the lacksadasical, fair weather season ticket holders that bought the psl's because they could afford them and it was "cool" to go to nfl games and even cooler to go when the rams were winning all the time.

    The financial issues are no different in st louis than they are in any other stadium in the nfl and to my knowledge, no one else had a half empty stadium in week one of preseason. If anyone else did, i would love to hear who and the point again is that the rams fans that are season tix holders simply are not live and die loyal the way the giants, packers, bears, eagles etc fans are, fans that die to see their teams win or lose, preseason or regular season. Its one thing for the stadium to be half empty in the fourth quarter, but at kickoff? Never ever in many other stadiums

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  7. #52
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    [QUOTE][no one else had a half empty stadium in week one of preseason. If anyone else did, i would love to hear who/QUOTE]

    The Chargers/Packers game was not sold out; and from all accounts pretty empty. The point is that it's only a pre-season game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  8. #53
    SFCRamFan's Avatar
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach, Florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    Isn't it amazing that with: A new coach, new players, and a totally new system, that the only "real" thing that we have to complain about is how many people showed up for the first Thursday night pre-season game???

    Just a little food for thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

  9. #54
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,320
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    I'm not "grouping" all St. Louis fans together, nor should anyone group LA/Anaheim fans as well. I was just making a point. The facts are that St. Louis fans "quit" on their old team, just as LA did because the product sucked for years. The Cardinals moved because they wanted a new stadium, but in reality, the fans were tired of a loser and stopped going to the stadium. As they are now doing with the Royals. When George Brett and the Royals were winning, people flocked to the stadium to see 'em play. Now, nobody cares about them in Missouri because the Royals are no better than a AA team. To quote a site on the internet, it read: "With dwindling attendance and many losing seasons, the owner of the Cardinals, decided to move the team west to Phoenix, AZ after the 1987 season. The St. Louis Cardinals played their last game at Busch Stadium on December 13, 1987 against the New York Giants". NOBODY wants (or should) have to watch a losing organization. HOWEVER, with that being said, I think that the Rams are doing a good job of fixing the problems and getting back to their winning ways. Now that Madam Ram is pretty much out of the picture, I think the Rams are going to reside in STL for many years to come. Can you tell I hate that b***h? ...but that's another story.

  10. #55
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,590
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I am NOT criticizing many of the hard working rams fans that have issues affording the tix. I am criticizing the lacksadasical, fair weather season ticket holders that bought the psl's because they could afford them and it was "cool" to go to nfl games and even cooler to go when the rams were winning all the time.
    I was with you when you said earlier it was "unfortunate" that the dome was pretty empty, but to call the fans pathetic and fairweather fans because of ONE pre season game that was on a Thursday night at that is way too harsh. So you are going to judge all those fans from one pre season game? Like I said earlier if the Dome is empty during the regular season I will be there bashing the fans with you, but for one preseason game on a Thurs night I think it's overreacting.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  11. #56
    GreatestShow99's Avatar
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    I'm not "grouping" all St. Louis fans together, nor should anyone group LA/Anaheim fans as well. I was just making a point. The facts are that St. Louis fans "quit" on their old team, just as LA did because the product sucked for years. The Cardinals moved because they wanted a new stadium, but in reality, the fans were tired of a loser and stopped going to the stadium. As they are now doing with the Royals. When George Brett and the Royals were winning, people flocked to the stadium to see 'em play. Now, nobody cares about them in Missouri because the Royals are no better than a AA team. To quote a site on the internet, it read: "With dwindling attendance and many losing seasons, the owner of the Cardinals, decided to move the team west to Phoenix, AZ after the 1987 season. The St. Louis Cardinals played their last game at Busch Stadium on December 13, 1987 against the New York Giants". NOBODY wants (or should) have to watch a losing organization. HOWEVER, with that being said, I think that the Rams are doing a good job of fixing the problems and getting back to their winning ways. Now that Madam Ram is pretty much out of the picture, I think the Rams are going to reside in STL for many years to come. Can you tell I hate that b***h? ...but that's another story.
    And the Cardinals have remained putrid since then. You can't polish turd..

  12. #57
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: empty seats in the dome

    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    With a family of 6 going to a preseason game would cost at least $300. Itís easy for all the people that live far enough away to say they would go if the lived in St. Louis. Itís also easy for those that have the extra money to blow on a preseason game to criticize the St. Louis fans. However in my opinion I would not take $300 away from my family for one preseason game were the starters don't play but the first quarter. I think this is a ridiculous post to bash the fans. I still spend a lot of time rooting for the Rams and will always consider myself a Ram fan. I went to a game last year but I am not going to blow close to $2,000 - $3,000 a year on season tickets. No my money goes to better things like church and family. I think it would be crazy for me to spend that kind of money on preseason games. I think the teams charge way too much for preseason games. I agree with many other statements here that people should wait until the season starts before bashing the St. Louis fans. After all they helped support the team when they were not doing good and that support ultimately lead to a championship team.
    Who ever gave me a bad rep and commented with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Misterio Bad Repper
    pre season ticket cost is included in season ticket package
    Without putting their name needs to read my post I never said preseason games are or are not included in the cost of season tickets. Their are eight regular season home games at $300 a game for my family that would be $2,400 and thats on the cheap side. IMO $300 for a family is rediculous for a preseason game and that would be on the low end of what it would cost. Which is stating it is very expensive either way. Football is over priced which may turn away some of the true fans from the preseason games. We need to wait and see what happens when the regular season starts. It is hard to compare St. Louis to the other cities there are a lot of differences population, other major sports, etc. but there can still be just as hard of Die Hard Ram fans as there would be if they were anywhere else. The problem is they only have so much money. St. Louis does have two other well known franchsies in the Blues and the Cardinals and it is a smaller market. Yet every year St. Louis has sold out every Rams football game. I say give the fans a break during preseason.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -08-15-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •