View Poll Results: At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 63.16%
  • No

21 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

As much as i want Moss and have supported him. At the end of the day Spags and Devaney are building for the long-term and are probably sticking to the 4-pillar system when it come to any player.

richtree is offline Registered User

Yeah, why not...there is nothing wrong with having him for the end of the season.

Plus, Moss needs to play well to get another contract from someone, so he will be on his best behavior.

Lastly, it looks that management would have went after TO, so why not Randy for a rental...

go get em...maybe he can help DX learn the WR position and get us some road wins.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Voted no, simply based on their history of signings, and more importantly, their passes. It doesn't fit their character to sign him.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i have a feeling they may be split on this...

Billy D & Spags may be willing to work with him but leaning towards passing on him rather than risking unsettling the ship now that it`s sailing on the right path.

Stan may be willing to do whatever Billy D & Spags wants to do but may also be thinking about things like the increase in ticket sales getting a talent like Moss would produce. (i hope he doesn`t interfere in that way tho..an owner in my opinion should always back up what the GM & HC decides and then if they don`t get the results then replace them when the time comes..)

that`s not all of which this depends on though...the Rams are quite a long way away from the top of the waiver wire list so all these discussions we having about Moss may end up being for nothing.

i voted No.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -11-03-2010 at 10:58 AM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post

Lastly, it looks that management would have went after TO, so why not Randy for a rental...
    Did management really go after TO? or did TO's agent drew rosenhouse just create buzz?

Rambos is offline Registered User

I voted yes, if Bradford was struggling and we where 2-6 at the bye I would say no. But Bradford looks unshakable. I think he could get Moss the ball deep. It would open up the run and free up the other WR underneath. With the new owner he wants to fill the seats and keep the momentum going, if the Rams take a pass and we start to lose because we are facing 8 in the box and all the pass plays are for 5 yards or less... the questions will come for sure why did we pass. With Moss we could make the playoffs and that will carry over with all these young players. Next year we donít need to sign him, we get Avery and Clayton.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

If we are missing one thing it's swagger, nobody brings that like Moss.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post
    If we are missing one thing it's swagger, nobody brings that like Moss.
    Actually the other thing we are missing is a lack of effort, big mouth malcontent.

I would love to see Moss in the Horns but not at the expense of gambling that he can keep his mouth shut. Also who's to say that he will give us 100% effort on the field? What when he feels like it?

Moss is without a doubt one of the most talented WR's in the NFL, right? Then someone please explain to me why both the Patriots and most recently the Vikings weren't targeting him as often as they should? The standard answer is that he's always double covered. If that's the case then how is that other standout receivers are still thrown the ball. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall etc etc..... Those guys are always double covered as well but still put up the numbers. In a word.....EFFORT...or lack thereof.

GO RAMS!
    Last edited by laram0; -11-03-2010 at 11:54 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Actually the other thing we are missing is a lack of effort, big mouth malcontent.

I would love to see Moss in the Horns but not at the expense of gambling that he can keep his mouth shut. Also who's to say that he will give us 100% effort on the field? What when he feels like it?

Moss is without a doubt one of the most talented WR's in the NFL, right? Then someone please explain to me why both the Patriots and most recently the Vikings weren't targeting him as often as they should? The standard answer is that he's always double covered. If that's the case then how is that other standout receivers are still thrown the ball. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall etc etc..... Those are guys are always double covered as well but still put up the numbers. In a word.....EFFORT...or lack thereof.

GO RAMS!
    I agree with you 100%.

If the Rams do pick him up, hopefully he'll have a chip on his shoulder to prove his naysayers wrong (and thereby increase his market for 2011).

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

If the Rams do pick him up, hopefully he'll have a chip on his shoulder to prove his naysayers wrong (and thereby increase his market for 2011).
    That is one big factor that i think is being overlooked quite a bit, if Moss desires to play after this year he pretty much has no choice to put up and shut up and play some ball, doesnt even have to be "in his prime" Moss, just not whiny Moss and he should easily have a shot at a roster next year. He screws up again this season i dont see many teams taking a chance on him
    Defence Wins Championships

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post

Moss is without a doubt one of the most talented WR's in the NFL, right? Then someone please explain to me why both the Patriots and most recently the Vikings weren't targeting him as often as they should? The standard answer is that he's always double covered. If that's the case then how is that other standout receivers are still thrown the ball. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall etc etc..... Those guys are always double covered as well but still put up the numbers. In a word.....EFFORT...or lack thereof.

GO RAMS!
    I agree 100%. Also I'd add that Randy will instantly be a distraction and zero doubt he'll give far less than 100% effort (if being in a contract year were going to fix Randy, he would have given 100% effort already this year). Instantly he is a distraction and you've lost focus of what this team is about.

Also, if being up for a contract was going to motivate Randy, wouldn't it have motivated him in the first 8 weeks of the season? Wouldn't it have motivated him in Oakland?

richtree is offline Registered User

I think we will def grab him. The turf will help his speed and he will open Danny up more and Danny will open his GO route up. Therefore SJax should finally get some room.

He is obviously not a good guy, but as long as we use him as a rental and not sign him it will force him to stay on his best behavior because of his need of a contract for the future.

Not to mention we will sell out all of our remaining home games alot quicker, and I am sure management will like that.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

Just what I was thinking ...

What better way to position yourself than to elevate a team like the Rams into the playoffs?

I do not WANT him to come to town, but I would support him like any other Ram if he did ...

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think we will def grab him. The turf will help his speed
    How exactly is the Ed field turf faster than the field turf they have in Gillette Stadium and in Minnesota?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast