View Poll Results: At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 63.16%
  • No

21 36.84%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    richtree is offline Registered User

Re: At the end of the day do the Rams put a claim in for Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    How exactly is the Ed field turf faster than the field turf they have in Gillette Stadium and in Minnesota?

WE have the "last chance for Money" turf. Last Chance for Money turf has been known to make players run faster...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If we had Mark Clayton healthy, I think we would be 5-3, having not had the offensive malaise in the second half in Tampa. Needing maybe only 3 more wins to win the West and get to the playoffs, we wouldn't make this play. If we were 3-5 or worse we wouldn't make the play either.

At 4-4, and currently in 2nd place in the only division that all four teams have been outscored by their opponents(Rams are 1st, at only 140-141 PF,PA, as well as the highest scoring team in the division), we very well could be the favorite to win the division and go to the playoffs. No one seriously expected this before the season, even after the Patriot preseason game. The problem, however, is that we didn't have a great receiving corps before, and after season ending injuries to Avery and Clayton, we are seriously lacking, even with Amendola now getting in the endzone.

Enter Moss. I think that the Rams have definitely held a meeting with the players and have asked them whether they would want Moss in their locker room. No matter what the other players think about Moss, I think that they deferred to their quarterback, and I fully expect that Bradford stood up and told Spags that he wants the Rams to bring in Moss. He sees that we can win, and win now, and Moss gives us a better chance to do that.

With Bradford stepping up to, and wanting, the challenge of bringing in a diva, I think that Spags and Devaney have a final meeting to talk over the short and long term issues associated with Moss. When it's all said and done, the Rams are better now than anyone expected, stand to be better with a motivated Moss, and either we get a star receiver for a few years, we get a motivated mercenary for the rest of this year and then a compensatory pick in 2012(maybe even a 3rd?!), or we get a flop who at least opens up the rest of the field for Amendola in the slot and our tight ends, oh and we get compensatory pick in 2012(though probably a 6th or 7th) when he leaves. At the end of the day, Devaney puts in the claim, and we wait and see if our number gets called.
    I believe!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    As much as i want Moss and have supported him. At the end of the day Spags and Devaney are building for the long-term and are probably sticking to the 4-pillar system when it come to any player.
    I concur sir

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

CHARLEY WALTERS
    Randy Moss' classless actions at a recent Vikings locker-room buffet had to have embarrassed the team, which this week dumped the controversial wide receiver.
    Tinucci's Restaurant and Catering, which operates out of Newport and Woodbury and has been in business since 1958, hosted a buffet for Vikings players Friday afternoon.
    "We had the whole buffet set up, and we had a nice spread chicken, ribs, round of beef with a carving station, the whole deal," Tinucci's co-owner Gus Tinucci said Tuesday. "(Moss) he comes in, and I'm helping one of the guys and didn't look up, and all of a sudden I heard, 'What the (expletive) is this? I wouldn't feed this (expletive expletive) to my (expletive) dog!' And he's screaming it at the top of his lungs.
    "He never even came through the line. He walked up toward it, looked at it, made the big stink and walked away. He didn't eat."
    Tinucci said the locker room, filled with players, got quiet.
    "Nobody said anything except for one (player) who said, 'Shut the (expletive) up, Randy,' " he said. "If (Brett) Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right in the head. Favre looked at him like, 'Are you kidding me?' "
    Tinucci said nobody on coach Brad Childress' staff was there. Tinucci said a Vikings locker room attendant in charge of the luncheon apologized to him. "He said, 'Don't worry about it, Gus, he's an (expletive). He's done this every
    time we've had food,' " Tinucci said

first of all, I have never posted anyone else's article before so if this is all wrong sorry in advance.
    VERY talented but seemingly VERY much an ass too. We've come SOOOO far. Do we really want to expose the new kids to this guy? Maybe the four pillars thing goes to far sometimes but this guy has proven to be quite a jerk ... time and time again. I say no way.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    go get em...maybe he can help DX learn the WR position and get us some road wins.
    Either that or he'll teach him how to critique a buffet .. I didn't vote as I'll defer to Billy and Spags on this one. My opinion though, is that we will pass even if he falls to us on the waiver wire ...

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

No!

I don't want the Rams to lose the team first concept for a me, me, me, type player.
    If the Rams really wanted to get a WR to stretch the field they should have traded for WR Vincent Jackson.
    The trade would have gotten the Rams a proven WR insted of a rookie in next years draft that might be good, great or a BUST.

Please NO on WR Moss!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Then someone please explain to me why both the Patriots and most recently the Vikings weren't targeting him as often as they should?
    I think the Pats still know what he can do.... look how they defended him.

Randy Moss was held to just eight yards on one reception against the Patriots in Week 8.

The Pats put safety Brandon Meriweather over the top of Moss, bracketing him on every play with even more attention than he usually sees. He had a shot at a late touchdown, but Meriweather's pass interference kept him from catching up to the ball at the goal-line. Moss' production has gone down every week since he joined the Vikes four games ago.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Belicheat also goes for vendettas. I think more than him thinking Moss will beat them, he just wanted to cover him like a wet blanket and not give him the satisfaction or even a chance at a good game. It certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Looks like its going to be a no

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Looks like its going to be a no
    How so? the NFL won't announce claims until after 3pm. They could say right now "Rams win" then suddenly the Bills submit a claim. Teams have until all the way until 3 (4 eastern) to claim him.

I haven't seen any news out of rams park that it is a no

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I think "no" but I'm not particularly confident in my answer.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    No!

I don't want the Rams to lose the team first concept for a me, me, me, type player.
    If the Rams really wanted to get a WR to stretch the field they should have traded for WR Vincent Jackson.
    The trade would have gotten the Rams a proven WR insted of a rookie in next years draft that might be good, great or a BUST.

Please NO on WR Moss!
    There's a strong difference between trading for VJax and claiming Moss. In getting VJax, we not only have to reach an agreement with him and his agent, we have to reach an agreement with the Chargers and the 'lord of no rings' AJ Smith. To get Jackson, we need to sign him to a huge long term contract, and on top of that, give up a 2nd and 3rd round pick. With Moss, we have to pay him the balance of something like 3 million dollars, and that's it. We get him for no other compensation for the rest of the year. If he works out, then we can try to sign him to a longer deal, but if he walks, we then get a compensatory pick in 2012 in all likelihood.

So, do you want a receiver who is in his prime, but have to pay him 35-50 million dollars, AND give up two high draft picks, or do you want one who is declining somewhat, but is still an elite player when he wants to be, for only 3 million dollars. You keep two high draft picks next year to continue making the team better, and AT WORST probably gain a 6th or 7th round pick.

To me it's not even a question. Moss is a much better decision than VJax, and one that I think should be considered heavily.
    I believe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12