Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Enjoying today, but can't wait until tomorrow.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Enjoying today, but can't wait until tomorrow.

I am really enjoying watching the 2012 Rams.

We have a team that fights for 60 minutes every week, and has been in every game. While some have ended well, and some have not... every game has been a fight.

I am truly looking forward to the remainder of this season, but I'm also not getting ahead of myself. There are still holes on the team (O line the most notable) that will hold the Rams back in the short run. While I don't discount the possibility that, with a few fortunate bounces, the Rams could compete for a playoff spot, I don't have any delusions that this team can contend.

At least, not yet.

Looking to the not so distant future, I see four first round picks in two years, cap room to spend on FAs, the continuity of a coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes that are not changed from year to year, and improvements to the EJD that will hopefully energize the fan base.

I have no trouble seeing the Rams in the playoffs in 2013.

I have no trouble seeing them contend for a title in 2014.

It may take the national media and fans around the country a while to catch up, but we can see it already.

Its a really good time to be a Rams fan.
    Rambos, Nick, rammiser and 5 others like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Enjoying today, but can't wait until tomorrow.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have posted a few times that tis year is stepping stone to bigger and better thngs to come with this team. We have so many new faces and a youthful group that is playing so much better then in years past......once we shore up our holes we will be a foce in the league...no longer a glance ove ron the schedule by other teams. I no longer roll up in the fetal position in the early 3rd qtr and wait to be kicked!!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

I couldn't agree more AV. Every loss is still painful but with our upcoming cap space and one more good draft we can be a great team. I love the direction that we are heading(I just hate the bumps in the road).

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

How I see the Rams:

2012 Season - Enough is enough. No more shall we be the doormat of the NFL. In this year, we let the NFL know that we are not the same ol' Rams.

2013 Season - The Rams win the NFC west and makes some serious noise in the playoffs bringing hope and faith back to Rams football.

2014 Season - I would call this year, Bradford unleashed. It'll be his third year in this system and he'll be real comfortable by then. We will be in the NFC championship and more this year. We won't be known as the Greatest Show on Turf, but our defense would be feared.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I think a good offensive line would be enough for the Rams to win the division. Add, potentially, a true no.1 threat in the receiving (fingers crossed though that Quick will emerge as one) and Bradford will pick people apart.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If the Rams had Saffold and Amendola healthy, they'd be 4 players from being a playoff contender. OT, OG, OLB, Safety. They may have the OG on IR. OLB and OT could be had via free agency.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I agree with your post AV. I too look forward to the rest of the season especially the next few games as they will provide us with a yardstick of how far we've come and how far we need to go.

Go Rams!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

It's abso-frigging-lutely a great time to be a Rams fan. One game & a genuine handful of plays away from being in a four way tie or better in the division after 6 games ? With all the turnover, injuries, and strong current form/caliber of opponents ? An amazing start to the season & fact that it's not too hard to see that they've likely got even better football in them this year, never mind the next couple of seasons.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A good post, AV- can't disagree with a thing you said. It is definitely a different vibe surrounding the team this year. And to think last year we'd have killed just to be able to have the Rams play something resembling competitive football. Of course now that we can do that, it's a logical progression to now think we can win- especially against average teams. The future appears bright indeed, and if we can plug the holes with a few more quality guys, consistent winning will happen.

Can't wait. Would love to steal one against either NE or GB the next couple of weeks.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Enjoying today, but can't wait until tomorrow.

Amen brothers.

Sunday was "if it it could go wrong it did".

2014 here we come. And the interim is going to be (dare I say it?), awesome!

Going to miss the Packers game, but like our chances a lot.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

citr92 is offline Registered User

if the seahawks can beat the patriots...not counting GB...so can the rams

Rammed is offline Registered User

I share the optimistic view for the future.

But one sidenote this is the NFL and every year there's a new surprise.
    We need to become mainstays and that takes more than a talented roster and draft picks. We can't just add up everything to the coming years if that was the case every SB winner would keep winning.
    We are devoid on talent in many places and very young and or old on some (sjax) those gaps need to be filled.

I'm very happy I can watch the Rams as they contend and it fills me with joy and anticipation.
    But building a winning franchise takes time and stability.

We are in the first year of a new promissing era, but things can change in a heartbeat. The future looks good and let's hope it stays that way.
    Upcoming offseason will be full of Dometalk.Coordinators that might leave or come and free agents coming or going.
    We need to show that we here to stay and rule the NFC WEST for years to come and break the year round switching of team to beat.

All signs point to a bright future, here is to proving we will have it!

GO RAMS
    Last edited by Rammed; -10-17-2012 at 05:32 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I am really enjoying watching the 2012 Rams.

We have a team that fights for 60 minutes every week, and has been in every game. While some have ended well, and some have not... every game has been a fight.

I am truly looking forward to the remainder of this season, but I'm also not getting ahead of myself. There are still holes on the team (O line the most notable) that will hold the Rams back in the short run. While I don't discount the possibility that, with a few fortunate bounces, the Rams could compete for a playoff spot, I don't have any delusions that this team can contend.

At least, not yet.

Looking to the not so distant future, I see four first round picks in two years, cap room to spend on FAs, the continuity of a coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes that are not changed from year to year, and improvements to the EJD that will hopefully energize the fan base.

I have no trouble seeing the Rams in the playoffs in 2013.

I have no trouble seeing them contend for a title in 2014.

It may take the national media and fans around the country a while to catch up, but we can see it already.

Its a really good time to be a Rams fan.
    2 months later... I still feel the same way.

MACD is offline Registered User

Fisher got us some "gamers" through FA and the draft in his first year: Wells, Richardson, Jenkins, Givens, Brockers, Finnegan, Dunbar, a growing Quick...and more. It may have been an historic
    overhaul.

I can't wait to see what the team is going to put on the field in 2013!