Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Enough carrot--its time to break out the Stick

Obviously, the carrot isn't working, its time to break out the stick.

The Rams need to hold a secret team meeting with management present and put it bluntly to the players...you are now playing for your JOBS. In the mean time there are a host of other released players in the NFL that can't be any worst then what the Rams have now. And just maybe someone hungry for a NFL career will arise.

To that end the Rams need to sideline key assets and use them sparingly. With the O-line, just state it to them since they can't get the job done, there is little point risking injury to those the team aims to have next year.

Right now it seems too many players think management will stand behind them and place the blame on the coaching staff...perhaps if the players see management standing totally behind the staff, perhaps it might wake a few players up

Mooselini Guest

Re: Enough carrot--its time to break out the Stick

I'm sorry, but I think the management should be behind players after yesterday's game.

Sure, there was some bad play by our team, but some of those calls were redundant.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Enough carrot--its time to break out the Stick

i think the playing staff has known from day one of the new regime that nobodys job is safe...i think theres currently 2 players that at present cant be cut due to their contracts..but thats only 2 out of 53.

our D are not the problem and havent really been throughout the season so far...but they are the group who have lost more players during the season.

with our salary cap being in such a mess due to the previous regime..we cant buy our way out of trouble by getting in more proven players..the only option is to get unproven players and work on them to find ways of them getting better..that is what we`ve been doing.