Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Will51 is offline Registered User

Enough is enough!

I am honestly disgusted in the st louis rams and there pure stupidity. For years and years now we have settled for losing like its not a problem. We have watched huge free agents hit the market and have done nothin about it. It has been clearly obvious for years that we do not have a true number one receiver at all and we have not budged. 1-28 is our record and we do nothing. When is the last time this team signed a HUGE free agent deal? Probably marshall faulk and what happened? O wait superbowl! And as far as character issues. Numerous players have had issues and signed with new teams and had stellar careers. Im so sick of losing. VJ is on the market. Go snatch him up. He is valuable to the development of bradford and he will automatically make this team light years better. If they dont pursue him hard and land him this team will not compete point blank. What do the play off contenders like the jets saints packers patriots and vikings have in common? They all hit the free agent market hard and they compete. Moral of this story. Were losing and to be blunt we suck so dang it do somethin about it. Talent=wins

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Enough is enough!

Learn the difference between:

they're
    there
    their

before calling someone else stupid.

Who gives a hell about my spelling. Im tryin to post a thread not win a spelling bee.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

The team signed Jason Brown last year. The best offensive lineman in free agency. Not all good moves in free agencies are for big name players. It's hard to fix a decade of terrible drafting and front office decisions in 2 seasons. The team is making progress and moving in the right direction. The Rams have a rookie quarterback right now and I doubt that going out and overpaying for Vincent Jackson would make the team a contender this season. Hopefully next offseason the Rams go and get a playmaker at receiver to help Bradford but I don't want to see them give up too much for someone who is looking to be paid beyond his value.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rebel, that was a low blow .....

Anyway, I am ready for a change.... matter of fact, look at my picture

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In my honest opinion it only makes sense to go after a BIG PAYDAY Free Agent when the foundation of the team is in place. When adding one or two big names would put a team into Superbowl Contention. I'm not for bringing in these high priced players to see us go 8-8. We need to get to 8-8, 9-7 somewhere in that range before we go on any spending spree. This is the ultimate team sport and adding one or two players to a 1-15 team isn't going to help much.

Patience grasshopper......

Slug is offline Registered User

The difference with those other teams that you mention is that when they hit the free agent market they already have a solid, competitive nucleus of players that are working in a competitive atmosphere and have demonstrated a trend towards winning. If you are already competitive and need a couple puzzle pieces to push you over that edge into the post-season and beyond, then great. But you can't build a winner through free agency. Believe me. Signing V-Jax isn't going to instantly make you serious competitors any more than losing Bush will instantly send the Saints to the basement.

And FWIW, I know it's only week 2, but y`all are one of the bottom ranked rushing teams while being top 10 in allowing your QB to get hit. If I were really bent on spending money on contracts, I'd worry more about shoring up my line than picking up a pass catcher. It would pay much greater dividends and I think you'd be surprised at how good some of your existing skill players actually are.

Edit - Woot! 100 posts!
    Last edited by Slug; -09-21-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Edit - Woot!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Learn the difference between:

they're
    there
    their

before calling someone else stupid.
    Yeah, tear the guy down for having passion. That shows class.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Yeah, tear the guy down for having passion. That shows class.

Thank you. Im a die hard fan like every one else. Im tired of losing but i guess if i cant spell it dont matter

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

It's not a matter of spelling, it's a matter of writing something that is clear and concise and makes your point in an understandable and clear manner. There are people who will simply stop reading a post halfway through, no matter who makes it or why, because they don't want to have to translate everything that is being said.

My complaint is that there are already several other Vincent Jackson threads that this post could have gone into, rather than simply creating another one.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    It's not a matter of spelling, it's a matter of writing something that is clear and concise and makes your point in an understandable and clear manner. There are people who will simply stop reading a post halfway through, no matter who makes it or why, because they don't want to have to translate everything that is being said.

My complaint is that there are already several other Vincent Jackson threads that this post could have gone into, rather than simply creating another one.

Jesus christ are you kidding me. I spelled their or there wrong and people start complaining as if they cant understand my point. I just wont post no more. Sorry for ruining some ones day due to my spelling

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Guys, either be civil or it gets closed down. Picking on someone because of their spelling isn't exactly civil; it's a bit antagonistic.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

You should read my post more carefully, at no point did I attack you for spelling. I was explaining why people had an issue with it. To be fair, it's not as if you put an extra letter somewhere and it was a simple misspelling. The various ways of spelling that word *all* indicate completely different meanings. Honestly, I don't really care.

I pointed out my issue with the thread, which you didn't address at all because you're too busy not paying attention to what I was actually saying. I didn't even get to the part where I may actually agree that Vincent Jackson (or some other talented, proven receiver) is a must at this point. I don't think we need him to get to the playoffs...I think we need him to help develop our quarterback.

You should read my post more carefully, at no point did I attack you for spelling. I was explaining why people had an issue with it. To be fair, it's not as if you put an extra letter somewhere and it was a simple misspelling. The various ways of spelling that word *all* indicate completely different meanings. Honestly, I don't really care.

I pointed out my issue with the thread, which you didn't address at all because you're too busy not paying attention to what I was actually saying. I didn't even get to the part where I may actually agree that Vincent Jackson (or some other talented, proven receiver) is a must at this point. I don't think we need him to get to the playoffs...I think we need him to help develop our quarterback.

I agree. If we can get an elite receiver to match up with clayton and danny in the slot think about how dangerous we can be

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Hes overrated. He wants Brand Marshall type money when he doesn't even come close to his skill set. Also we would have to give up a good amount of valuable draft picks that i'd rather save...

I can wait until next year because I want to rebuild the right way...

With the 4th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select, WR, Georgia, A.J Green *claps*....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast