Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Enough is enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    I agree totally. Jackson is right in the mix which makes him elite
    There's also that risk factor where he'll develop that Randy Moss attitude when he was a Raider, and don't forget with the lockout possible next year, that's going to be a huge disaster for this organization if we get him and have that ridiculous two round pick trades. Point is, there's a lot more obvious risks in getting him then there is flourish.

macrammer is offline Registered User

What woiuld we chat about if we could only start winning

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

We need a WR... I agree.. if you think we don't need a WR you need to get your head examined.... Come on .... lets be real....

This Division is up for grabs we need to take it!!!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

V. Jackson is not the answer. The Rams need much more and spending big money on V. Jackson is not the the best way to build this team. The Rams are doing it the right way and not every position can be addressed in a year.

Just remember not too long ago it was the Defensive line, Linebackers, secondary, quarterback, and Oline. Much of those positions are developing very well. Next year the Rams can continue to develop the WR and pick up the playmaker so many of you feel is a must.

Go Rams

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    V. Jackson is not the answer. The Rams need much more and spending big money on V. Jackson is not the the best way to build this team. The Rams are doing it the right way and not every position can be addressed in a year.

Just remember not too long ago it was the Defensive line, Linebackers, secondary, quarterback, and Oline. Much of those positions are developing very well. Next year the Rams can continue to develop the WR and pick up the playmaker so many of you feel is a must.

Go Rams
    Next YEAR??? Gesh we are already looking to next year... We need to win NOW..
    This is how the Ram Fan has become comfortable with this loosing mentality...

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1980rams View Post
    we need a wr... I agree.. If you think we don't need a wr you need to get your head examined.... Come on .... Lets be real....

This division is up for grabs we need to take it!!!

amen!!!!!!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Next YEAR??? Gesh we are already looking to next year... We need to win NOW..
    This is how the Ram Fan has become comfortable with this loosing mentality...
    No, it's called not making knee-jerk reactions and bad deals for the sake of trying to cobble together a patchwork team of expensive players that won't win either, but they won't win and will cost us more money and sap away our high draft picks.

In NFL land, it's called responsible team building. If the Rams trade for Jackson, it will be with the future of the franchise in mind, not winning the division this year. Sorry, we aren't going to win it, just not happening. And Jackson won't change that.
    Last edited by berg8309; -09-21-2010 at 09:08 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Honestly I love V-Jax and I would 100% support any move to get him, but if that doesn't happen I will be completely fine here is why.

Next years draft class stacked at WR with Aj Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, and Micahel Floyd. All projected be number 1 receivers and could be a dynamic duo for ten years. If we want to go with the more experienced vet route Vincent Jackson will be a free agent next year as will Randy Moss, Steve Smith of the Giants and Santonio Holmes.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A number of thoughts:

1) Nowhere have I heard anything about the Rams being players in the Vincent Jackson sweepstakes. I've heard Minnesota, Washington and staying in SD as viable options for Jackson. This certainly doesn't mean it's unreasonable for fans to inquire as to his willingness to become a Ram, but i think we're arguing a useless cause here.

2) As I've stated on other threads, V-Jax and every other wide receiver that seems to become available is a cancer. Owens, Marshall, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, etc. are all guys with talent but major potential headaches to match. I want no part of having to root for some ###hole. When you sell your soul to the devil for wins, eventually it comes back to haunt you.

3)Bad football teams cannot part with 2nd round picks and tons of cash unless they're doing so for a player without warts. It is too big a gamble. They also do not draft guys with major character issues (see: Phillips, Lawrence). Current management has demonstrated the Rams will be rebuilt through the draft, not through acquisition of "name" guys- especially not a guy who's out for 1/3 of the season.

4) Any talk about us getting a guy to "challenge for the division" is laughable, no matter how poor we perceive the NFC West to be. The Rams are 1-27 since October of 2008. let's win a freakin' game first, huh? Ya' gotta' be able to walk before you can run.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

now, now, people does someone need a hug??

Shanahallen is offline Registered User

Dude -- as a Redskins fan, I'm prepared to tell you that free agency is not the road to the Super Bowl. If you don't believe me, we have one slightly used Albert Haynesworth for sale... cheap.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwing View Post
    it's not a matter of spelling, it's a matter of writing something that is clear and concise and makes your point in an understandable and clear manner. There are people who will simply stop reading a post halfway through, no matter who makes it or why, because they don't want to have to translate everything that is being said.

My complaint is that there are already several other vincent jackson threads that this post could have gone into, rather than simply creating another one.
    what, what, what??? :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Look at some other teams that bring big free agents and still suck, wash. redskins, cowgirls, jets, bangles, lions, raiders and so on. You have to build core of your team threw draft and then add complimentary pieces to win the big dance. We have to give spags one more year to train this team. If we get new coach every other year we will never be good. I still believe that Rams are better team than what their record says.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shanahallen View Post
    Dude -- as a Redskins fan, I'm prepared to tell you that free agency is not the road to the Super Bowl. If you don't believe me, we have one slightly used Albert Haynesworth for sale... cheap.
    Amen to the honorable gentlemen from Theismanville.

Guys, it's like baking a cake. You got to get the right mix of flour, sugar, milk, eggs, etc. and bake it for the right time and temperture. Then you have a cake. Add the icing, and the little sugar flower petals, you go from a cake to a masterpiece.

Right now we have some ingredients that are starting to mix in a bowl. You can go ahead and add the sugar flower petals, but you still won't have a cake worth anything.

The team has to have a solid foundation (you got to bake the cake), before you can go shopping for "big name" free agents and trades (sugar flower petals).

One wide receiver does not erase 8 years of failed drafts.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    Buddy, how about he's led the league in Yards Per Catch every year.
    Jackson's yards/rec. rank:
    2009 - 4th
    2008 - 4th
    2007 - 14th
    2006 - not enough catches to qualify
    2005 - not enough catches to qualify

Jackson is a fine receiver. He had his best year last year (10th in yards, 31st in receptions). He's in his prime. The Rams could use him, no doubt. But he ain't superman. It will take more than an all-in-on-VJ campaign to start winning ball games.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast