Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Next YEAR??? Gesh we are already looking to next year... We need to win NOW..
    This is how the Ram Fan has become comfortable with this loosing mentality...
    WHo says it has to be now?

    I am not comfortable with loosing. But I understand that changing that mentality and building a winning program is a process not a quick fix. As long as I see our youth competing hard and the FO picking up talent like Bradford, JL, Stafford, and so on I know the losing will soon end and this team once again will be a serious contender.

    Let me give you a good example of the quick fix team. Washington Redskins.....

    1. Adam Archuletta
    2. Brandon Loyd
    3. London Flecther
    3. Albert Haynesworth
    4. Deangelo Hall

    and so on. The skins went after these big name free agents thinking it will make them a winner. Last I check none of these guys have played a playoff game with the Skins eventhough Mr. Snyder spent millions upon millions of dollars.

    Even the skins realize the big money for a question character guy and giving up valuable draft picks is not the way to go unless a M. Faulk player is up for grabs.

    GO RAMS


  2. #47
    Slug's Avatar
    Slug is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    3. London Flecther
    4. Deangelo Hall
    To be fair, these two fellas on your list have played outstanding since coming to D.C. I would consider Fletcher and Hall (especially Fletcher) money well spent.

  3. #48
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    To be fair, these two fellas on your list have played outstanding since coming to D.C. I would consider Fletcher and Hall (especially Fletcher) money well spent.
    Never said they did not play well. So who are you being fair too?

  4. #49
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,642
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    To be fair, these two fellas on your list have played outstanding since coming to D.C. I would consider Fletcher and Hall (especially Fletcher) money well spent.
    I think the point might be that even when the free agents came in and played well, it didn't translate to playoff wins.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  5. #50
    Will51's Avatar
    Will51 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    To be fair, these two fellas on your list have played outstanding since coming to D.C. I would consider Fletcher and Hall (especially Fletcher) money well spent.
    Hall got torched so bad against houston. Next

  6. #51
    Slug's Avatar
    Slug is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Never said they did not play well. So who are you being fair too?
    Well to Hall and Fletcher, of course.

    Usually when people talk about the woes of the Redskins over the last decade or so, the conversation will often turn towards a trend of over-spending on big name free agents that flop as soon as their plane lands at Dulles. And rightfully so. Our ownership has a horribly frustrating habit of giving up the farm for "quick fixes" and flash who never perform to expectations. I'd add Deion Sanders, Jeremiah Trotter, and Antwaan Randle El to your list as far as 2000's-era big name free-agent busts go. I'd say Jason Taylor too but he was a trade (an awful, awful trade).

    I just felt like I had to point out Fletcher and Hall as exceptions to this rule. They've come in and have really done terrific jobs both in terms of locker room and community leadership as well as on the field performance. It just seemed a slight to them to lump 'em in with those other bums that came here just to get paid then phoned it in for their entire stint with us.

  7. #52
    Slug's Avatar
    Slug is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    Hall got torched so bad against houston. Next



    Kidding aside, everyone has their ups and downs. The supposed "best defensive player in the League", Revis, got burned this week. It happens. While I wish that he would keep his mouth shut to the media sometimes, on the field Hall has been good in coverage and has been one of the few folk in our secondary who have been able to create game-changing turnovers for us.

  8. #53
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Giving up London Fletcher was one of the mistakes of the previous regime. Although Washington hasn't made the playoffs with him, I think it is unfair to list him as a free agent signing that is an example of how it doesn't work. Fletcher should be a multi-pro bowl MLB, and he has none instead. The Skins got a great player, they just surrounded him with overpriced "talent", but Fletcher was not one of the guys not living up to his contract.

  9. #54
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Well to Hall and Fletcher, of course.

    Usually when people talk about the woes of the Redskins over the last decade or so, the conversation will often turn towards a trend of over-spending on big name free agents that flop as soon as their plane lands at Dulles. And rightfully so. Our ownership has a horribly frustrating habit of giving up the farm for "quick fixes" and flash who never perform to expectations. I'd add Deion Sanders, Jeremiah Trotter, and Antwaan Randle El to your list as far as 2000's-era big name free-agent busts go. I'd say Jason Taylor too but he was a trade (an awful, awful trade).

    I just felt like I had to point out Fletcher and Hall as exceptions to this rule. They've come in and have really done terrific jobs both in terms of locker room and community leadership as well as on the field performance. It just seemed a slight to them to lump 'em in with those other bums that came here just to get paid then phoned it in for their entire stint with us.
    Very well said and I agree Fletcher and Hall should not be lumped with the other guys. But the point I was trying to make really did not reflect the players it was evidence that qucik fixes by free agency and trades arenot always the best route.

    I think some of us Rams fan are spoiled with the M. Faulk trade and feel that the Rams should continue to be aggressive in free agency and trades eventhough Faulk was proabably a once in a life time deal.

    Go Rams

  10. #55
    Slug's Avatar
    Slug is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Very well said and I agree Fletcher and Hall should not be lumped with the other guys. But the point I was trying to make really did not reflect the players it was evidence that qucik fixes by free agency and trades arenot always the best route.
    I hear you. And I am more than in agreement. Free-agency band-aids should be when you are only a piece or two away from contending. You need to get your core together first. You don't slap a band-aid on a broken leg.

    And FWIW, we did go to the playoffs during Fletcher's first season with us.

  11. #56
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Enough is enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    In my honest opinion it only makes sense to go after a BIG PAYDAY Free Agent when the foundation of the team is in place. When adding one or two big names would put a team into Superbowl Contention. I'm not for bringing in these high priced players to see us go 8-8. We need to get to 8-8, 9-7 somewhere in that range before we go on any spending spree. This is the ultimate team sport and adding one or two players to a 1-15 team isn't going to help much.

    Patience grasshopper......
    I agree 1 or 2 free agents would not make a hugh difference but at the pace we are going it could be 8-10 more years before we get to 8-8 or 9-7.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •