Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will51 is offline Registered User

Enough of the predictions, this is why we WILL win.

We WILL beat the eagles, yes, this is to all you fans who our sitting there saying to your self "the eagles had a better record, our o-line is out of shape, jackson has not played a down this preseason, our secondary is crap, bulger will be on his back" ..Enough of all that, what most of you guys dont realize is that we are NOT a 3-13 team , we are way better, we have the potential to send 10 people to the pro bowl on this team.

Damn it why is everyone so down on this team? well let me refresh some of your memories....

-We have one of the best running backs in the game today
    -Bulger is healthy, he is a probowl QB
    -our D-line has huge talent with excellent depth
    -our o-line has pace healthy and it looks promising
    -Hill could break out, atogwa proved him self, brown is solid, chaveous has leadership
    -Pisa survived pre-season,spoons play speaks for him self,Culberson has proved reliable
    -donnie jones has a leg of steel and we all know what josh brown can do
    -Holt's knee is a non factor this year and with the addition of avery and burton we can revive this passing attack
    -Were loaded at tightend(thanks scotty)

Need i really say more, you cant actually be so down on a team that has this much potential to start the year off, giving all that i just stated i can guarantee you cant say the eagles match up. We were hurt bad last year and no team could have possibly put up a winning record with the injuries we faced. Let me ask you something... can a car run with out its engine?? No! just like a team cant function without its offensive line, we were that team last year but this is not last year any more, this is the new season and we are back and healthy, get used to the fact that we are competitive and we will be a force in the NFC
    Last edited by Will51; -09-01-2008 at 12:27 AM.

schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: Enough of the predictions, this is why we WILL win.

Well said I agree with you.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Good Post and I agree with everything you said 100%

eldfan is offline Registered User

Man I can't wait to see what we can do. To beat the Eagles we need to keep turnovers low no team can overcome that. Take advantage of red zone chances. Pressure the qb. Do those 3 things and we should be ok. Last year is gone so the 3-13 don't matter anymore. Most sport personality I listen to on the radio or watch on tv have us finishing last. But you never know I hope we can make them eat there words.
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good to see some good optimism of our squad.

They do have one of the best RB's in the league also, but as for receiver and quarterback, I believe we have the upper edge, and this game will be won and lost in the air.

Defense is going to be fun to watch say our whole entire line up is healthy and ready to play. I'm excited for week one! LETS GO RAMS

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I agree totally!! But this is the "what have you done for me lately" league remember? and after last year, being under rated is fitting. Flying under the radar is a good thing but nobody will take us lightly especially the Eagles. If we put up some points on offense we'll chalk up a big W.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    We WILL beat the eagles, yes, this is to all you fans who our sitting there saying to your self "the eagles had a better record, our o-line is out of shape, jackson has not played a down this preseason, our secondary is crap, bulger will be on his back" ..Enough of all that, what most of you guys dont realize is that we are NOT a 3-13 team , we are way better, we have the potential to send 10 people to the pro bowl on this team.

Damn it why is everyone so down on this team? well let me refresh some of your memories....

-Hill could break out, atogwa proved him self, brown is solid, chaveous has leadership
    -Pisa survived pre-season,spoons play speaks for him self,Culberson has proved reliable
    -Holt's knee is a non factor this year and with the addition of avery and burton we can revive this passing attack

Need i really say more, you cant actually be so down on a team that has this much potential to start the year off, giving all that i just stated i can guarantee you cant say the eagles match up. We were hurt bad last year and no team could have possibly put up a winning record with the injuries we faced. Let me ask you something... can a car run with out its engine?? No! just like a team cant function without its offensive line, we were that team last year but this is not last year any more, this is the new season and we are back and healthy, get used to the fact that we are competitive and we will be a force in the NFC
    Whatever it is you're drinking, I'd sure like to try some ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Whatever it is you're drinking, I'd sure like to try some ..
    lol its all jus common since i guess, i mean everyone expects us to do bad just because we pleyed horrible last year but there was big reasons for that, and in the previous years are defense was attrocious but this year is different, we are healthy and our defense has been revamped with immense talent, we can finally shut down a run game or get after the QB

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Very good Will, and while our secondary is hurt, their receiving corps is as well, and so it is a bit of a match there. The signing of Manning should only help that as long as he can get ready for the game.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

GREAT THREAD STARTER!!!!!

The only area that concerns me and I've posted this in other threads:

SPECIAL TEAMS COVERAGE UNITS....

If they can play well we will win this game at Philly. WHY?

This may comes as a huge surprise because our team since the GSOT has always been looked at as an exciting fun to watch offensive scoring machine.

WHY?

DEFENSE!

eldfan is offline Registered User

lol its all jus common since i guess, i mean everyone expects us to do bad just because we pleyed horrible last year but there was big reasons for that, and in the previous years are defense was attrocious but this year is different, we are healthy and our defense has been revamped with immense talent, we can finally shut down a run game or get after the QB
    I believed we will surprise some teams but I have to take a little odds on your statement that we can finally shut down a run game or get after the QB. The only thing we done to improve the pass rush is draft Long and he has not shown yet he is going to make a different this year. Don't get me wrong I think he can be very good but he is going to need some time. Adam Carriker look like he had some problem durning the preseason. I am cautiously optimist about the D. At this point I want to be shown before I can believed can't wait for Sunday
    :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I believed we will surprise some teams but I have to take a little odds on your statement that we can finally shut down a run game or get after the QB. The only thing we done to improve the pass rush is draft Long and he has not shown yet he is going to make a different this year. Don't get me wrong I think he can be very good but he is going to need some time. Adam Carriker look like he had some problem durning the preseason. I am cautiously optimist about the D. At this point I want to be shown before I can believed can't wait for Sunday

Well little is healthy and did awesome in preseaon, carricker and ryan are prone to big seasons and long will adapt and will also be a force against the run, combine all that with our talented Lb's and we can pretty much stop anyones run

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I believe we win this game and Josh Brown will come up big late in the game,I'm thinking about a 45-50 yarder as time expires,nice start.

Milan is offline Registered User

- They have one of the best RBs in the game today.
    - McNabb is healthy, he's a pro-bowl QB.
    - The Eagles D-Line is great.
    - The Eagles OL is better than ours.
    - Our LBs look average, except Witherspoon who's one of the best
    - Punting won't win the game...in fact, it'll lose the game.
    - They have great CBs and good safeties.
    - We have one good TE, and two so-so TEs.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    To beat the Eagles we need to keep turnovers low no team can overcome that.

We also need to CAUSE turnovers. I think this offense is going to come out of the gates slow and some short fields should help to get them going and build the confidence. If we have to drive 70-80 yds every time, it might be a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast