RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Error: Negativety overload; Now erasing memory.

As I was away from the computer, at the mall and what not, I kept checking the twitter updates (Because I'm cool like that ) and as I read those updates from OneRamsWay (Nick Wagner), I couldn't help but notice smile.

The reason was not that I thought it was funny, and amusing that we were losing like this, or that I knew that the Rams fans around the world were going to crumble into a steaming, pile of panic... but of what I can expect next week, the week after, this season, and the season after. Not a losing, failing, team.. but a team that's going to keep growing. Of course we aren't going to completely forget about our past 3 seasons, and stop going back to "Same 'ol Rams" as an excuse for impatience, but because "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!". The Rams laid an egg tonight if you'd like to put it that way, but the way I think of it, is that under this new regimine, it's going to be expected. And if you look at New England, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and all the greats, have to lay eggs every once and awhile to not only wake up, but to learn from there mistakes. And now look at them, veteran ownership, veteran front office in most, and success.

The great wall of China wasn't made in one day, nor were the pyramids of Egypt. The Rams to get stronger, are going to get small reminders that you have to play focused every game, no matter if it's preseason, or the regular season. You HAVE to be focused. I don't think that tonight should have been unexpected, but merely expected among those who understand foundation and steps. By no means am I alluding to the fact that I expected this, because I didn't. But that we should be patient, and appreciate games like this.

Steve Spagnuolo has always had a great attitude, great philosophy and great mentors. Jim Johnson, Andy Reid, and Tom Coughlin all had to take a step back and wake up to learn from there mistakes.

Be thankful this happened during the preseason, and remember back in 2007? when Spagnuolo first instilled his scheme into the Giants, they got torched the first game of the season, and improved greatly in the following weeks. His message to the team was be patient, and it'll work out. Today, the Rams 1st team defense got torched, so expect next week, to have it be improved, and much improved two weeks from now. Spagnuolo has shown that he learns from mistakes, and knows how to handle his players, going from Philadelphia, to New York, he's shown it.

So fans, be patient, tonight was a wake up call, and a message to the team. And now Spagnuolo's message will be to be patient, it's going to work out.

RamsFan16

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Error: Negativety overload; Now erasing memory.

You're right, but shouldn't the past 2-3 years have been wake up calls?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Well said. I might go even further & suggest that this wasn't even that big an egg. The Falcons are obviously a good offensive team & the Rams D is still very much under construction.

The Rams offense, with only the briefest of cameos by its centerpiece, is designed to get first downs, not be the GSOT exploding up and down the gridiron, & we had a couple of sustained drives. I'm not blind to the problems; the usual suspects showed up,imo; pass rush & run D,pass pro,etc.

Some nice signs of hope in the second half from Darby, Bajema,Null, and others. Holy smokes, we even had a red zone defensive stand that kept us in the game and a nice 2 minute drill by The New Tom Brady (lol)..

Didn't see enough of the first half or close enough to judge line play or Boller but Robinson seems to be showing up a little more each time.

The only thing that could panic me at this point would be a serious injury.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Considering we have an ENTIRELY NEW FRONT OFFICE, ENTIRELY NEW COACHING STAFF, AND A NEW(ER) SET OF OWNERS, they haven't went through this.
    RamsFan16

stldruid is offline Registered User

The problem with those years was the front office being in total denial about the true situation. That problem, IMHO, is now solved. But the depths to which the Rams fell in those years will take some time to get out of. We're off to a good start...right coach, right personnel moves, right attitude, right GM....but.....we are still on the uphill side of rebuilding. I, for one, am looking forward to watching the process, confident (unless something comes crashing down) that we are finally on the right track.

maxxdigger is offline Registered User

Ok we all know that they are in a rebuilding stage no doubt about it. But what as a fan can we expect a turn around like lets say the falcons from jut s year ago. Or the turnarounds of teams like Detroit, Cleveland, San Fran, Cincinnati, KC that have been going on for almost a decade. Preseason means alot to some people, People trying to get a job in the NFL,

I can at least say that are back-ups are better than the jets and the falcons and that is a very nice sign of improvement. But the starters who have been here are just not stepping up to take leadership that we need now

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Ok we all know that they are in a rebuilding stage no doubt about it. But what as a fan can we expect a turn around like lets say the falcons from jut s year ago. Or the turnarounds of teams like Detroit, Cleveland, San Fran, Cincinnati, KC that have been going on for almost a decade. Preseason means alot to some people, People trying to get a job in the NFL,

I can at least say that are back-ups are better than the jets and the falcons and that is a very nice sign of improvement. But the starters who have been here are just not stepping up to take leadership that we need now
    Our starters were playing the defending NFC South champions with....not much really. The offense is kind of toothless at the moment.

maxxdigger is offline Registered User

on a lighter side i do think the league needs to look at Michael Turner uniform for silicon. The Rams were all looking like the were trying to catch a greased pig

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Things aren't going to get better until there is continuity with Coaches. I wholeheartedly believe that Spagnuolo is the answer to our Head Coaching problem, but that doesn't mean he can change everything in one year, or even two...

Once there is an established system with an established offensive line and QB, then we'll be winning games. And of course, vice versa with the defense...

Just look at the Eagles, McNabb and Reid have been together for years now, they understand each other and the system in Philly.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

aren't you asking for negativity by starting posts like this ? listen I agree with what you are saying but I also read in another post comments about guys who can't wait to see the Bulger haters try and blame him this week, doesn't this just dangle the carrot in front of them to start a bunch a senseless posts. talk about the game and leave the non sense out and maybe the negative posts will go away.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -08-22-2009 at 09:35 AM.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

If the '99 Rams could do it why cant it be done now? It wasnt just great Off. but good Def. also after not being competitive defensively in '98. We were competitive last year against Atlanta when we sucked so with all the changes that have occurred this offseason what is still lacking? Its almost impossible to watch or listen to the game anymore! Do we have the "CUBS" syndrome or what? We all remember the past years pre-season games and how we came out with no fire, slow off. and porous def. and how that continued during the regular season. Can this year be different? If so, how? Although this post sounds very familiar, I still find myself trying to find players or plays for positive hope. Miami turned it around last year, what do you suppose made the real difference there, Parcells? Bulgerhas to be our QB for sure, we cant rely on Boler for production. I think the more new faces we see on starting Off. and Def. the better off we'll be. They seem to lack play recognition as individuals and as a whole. We hear about them practicing hard with improvement but then we have to endure a game like last night! You know, we truly are the best and most loyal fans for sure, anyone can stay committed on a winning team, but it takes true love to continue on when your team looks this bad.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

They were, and what did we learn for this year? New defensive head coach. New offensive line. New middle linebacker. All results of the wakeup call from the last few years. Just be patient like the OP said, it'll turn out better than you think I bet.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    If the '99 Rams could do it why cant it be done now? It wasnt just great Off. but good Def. also after not being competitive defensively in '98. We were competitive last year against Atlanta when we sucked so with all the changes that have occurred this offseason what is still lacking? Its almost impossible to watch or listen to the game anymore! Do we have the "CUBS" syndrome or what? We all remember the past years pre-season games and how we came out with no fire, slow off. and porous def. and how that continued during the regular season. Can this year be different? If so, how? Although this post sounds very familiar, I still find myself trying to find players or plays for positive hope. Miami turned it around last year, what do you suppose made the real difference there, Parcells? Bulgerhas to be our QB for sure, we cant rely on Boler for production. I think the more new faces we see on starting Off. and Def. the better off we'll be. They seem to lack play recognition as individuals and as a whole. We hear about them practicing hard with improvement but then we have to endure a game like last night! You know, we truly are the best and most loyal fans for sure, anyone can stay committed on a winning team, but it takes true love to continue on when your team looks this bad.
    The 99 Rams were the fruit of two years of Dick Vermeil's rebuilding efforts. We're just starting the rebuilding process now. There may be hope, but its in the future.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Considering we have an ENTIRELY NEW FRONT OFFICE, ENTIRELY NEW COACHING STAFF, AND A NEW(ER) SET OF OWNERS, they haven't went through this.
    Otto is right...we are not only rebuilding, but we are restructuring from top to bottom, from the front office to the field. Preseason games are NEVER a reason to be concerned (except for injuries). If you are going to make mistakes, you make them in the preseason. We had a number of starters out in key positions. The only fair criticism I have is the tackling. It was terrible, especially by our secondary. Chill dudes and dudettes. Let's keep our undies unwadded until the regular season starts and the games count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    The only fair criticism I have is the tackling. It was terrible, especially by our secondary.
    Agreed, that was my biggest concern from watching the game. You can work on scheme, positioning and timing, but tackling is something that should be an afterthought. Last night it looked like virtually the entire defense forgot how to do it.