Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

ESPN - Early signs positive for Steven Jackson

Early signs positive for Steven Jackson
    Aug 1 @ 11:45 AM ET
    By Mike Sando

Every team in the NFL has at least four players with Pro Bowl honors on their resumes.

Every team but the St. Louis Rams, that is. The Rams have only one Pro Bowl player on their roster and that player, Steven Jackson, is coming off back surgery. With so little star power on their roster, the Rams absolutely, positively need Jackson healthy and contributing at his normal level.

That's why the team had to be encouraged when Jackson passed his physical examination heading into training camp.

"The back is fully healed," Jackson told reporters at Rams camp Saturday. "We really worked hard this offseason to make sure the durability will still be there. I can still run in the natural way Iím used to running. I donít have to adjust my style for anything. I think itís more so just getting my feet underneath me again, making the cuts Iím able to make and working on the field of vision."

Jackson confirmed what ESPN injury expert Stephania Bell said about the injury initially: Jackson would be more apt to aggravate the disk injury through non-football activities such as traveling or heavy squat lifting than through getting tackled during games or practices

"The football, the hitting -- Iím not worried about it," Jackson said. "Iíll be ready to go."

SLSG is offline Registered User

Re: ESPN - Early signs positive for Steven Jackson

Sjax, Bradford, Jason Smith, Jason Brown, JL and OJ are pro bowl talents.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

"The back is fully healed," Jackson told reporters at Rams camp Saturday. "We really worked hard this offseason to make sure the durability will still be there. I can still run in the natural way Iím used to running. I donít have to adjust my style for anything. I think itís more so just getting my feet underneath me again, making the cuts Iím able to make and working on the field of vision."
    Any success this year is going to tied to Jackson's health. Let's hope he's put the durability problems behind him and can go the full season without any complications. When completely healthy, he's the best back in the league.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

if our line gives the kid some time to throw with success early then teams won't stack the box as much as they've done for almost the entire duration of jacksons career. Jacksons back is our Achilles heal most definitely and thats exactly why i think Bradford needs to be established as early as possible. GET EM IN THERE COACH!!!

Keenum is offline Registered User

So sounds like Jackson is ready to go... now we just gotta hope his back stays healthy! Time for a RB to step up as his relieve man and make sure Jackson doesn't wear himself out.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I knew this whole offseason my boy would be alright . Hes a beast and he takes so many shots game in game out.

He is a MONSTER and I'm so glad to have him back 100%. I will take a guess at 1,400+ rushing yards and 6+ td's.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    Sjax, Bradford, Jason Smith, Jason Brown, JL and OJ are pro bowl talents.

OMG, Bradford never played the the league and Jason Smith hasnt played a full season and is injury prone... how on earth can you say they are pro bowl talent? I mean they might be but they havent played! LMAO (shaking my head)

RockinRam is offline Registered User

We have a young foundation on offense, and along with Jackon's presence, our young offense could really have a future.

Obviously we have Bradford in there.

Then we have Jason Smith, Saffold and Brown as young anchors or soon to be anchors.

Then we have a young, inexperienced but hungry and underrated WR and TE corps.

Hmmm. We might have something. I'm not trying to throw up rainbows and daisies here, but I feel that our offense may not be that mad.