RamWraith is offline Registered User

ESPN on a RAMpage??

I am wondering with the coverage the last couple of days ESPN is doing if they are not taking it upon themselves to bury Martz. It really seems they are making it a point to attack him with every possible angle they can. They are really doing a injustice to a human being at this point and are starting to go over the top. It almost seems like they are trying to go after the guys career and taking as many cheap shots as they can.

When is enough, enough??
    Last edited by RamWraith; -01-21-2005 at 06:59 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: ESPN on a RAMpage??

Good question. I would have thought with the championship games right around the corner as well as multiple coaching moves being made across the league, the NFL would have something better things to do than get Kyle Turley on the air and try to bring this whole thing back to a boil. ESPN has their share of Martz haters though (basically the entire NFL Sunday line-up, including Berman and Jackson), so I can't say I'm surprised.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

You must remember that the "E" in ESPN stands for Entertainment. Sometimes their radio, and sportcenter for that matter, is like a gossip column. Every team with the exception of Atlanta is very vanilla; not flashy if you will. That leaves them with little to talk about and no trash talk or controversy. Martz seems to be an easy target for them right now; especially with their beloved **ers in such a slump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

maineram is offline Registered User

Martz has given them plenty of ammo for their weapons bu all the lunders he makes over & over & over again. The Turley thing just puts it over the top. Turley is a sound bite waiting to happen and Martz stuck both feet in his mouth with his dealings over this, He threatened my life crap.
    Like I had said in a post mid season, when we were losing most games we were a joke, now we're just a joke.

Maineram - :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I was leafing through the latest issue of the Sporting News and was astonished to see an article by none other thanTroy Aikman extolling the virtues of Mike Martz, actually sticking up for him in spite of wasted time-outs and questionable challenges. These days MM isn't getting much love from anyone in the media.

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!!!