Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Espn Ranking qb's>>>Bulger 9th

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Well, you kinda got to make the argument that PManning and Brady are 1-2 above anyone else on that list. Anyone pretty much after that is a crapshoot though I guess.
    Ah, the Brady mythos rears its ugly head again.

Since 2002...

Brady - 61% comp., 1.61 TDs/game, 0.825 Ints./game, 227 yards/game
    Bulger - 64% comp., 1.59 TDs/game, 0.98 Ints./game, 271 yards/game

To say that Brady is clearly above Bulger is a falsehood.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

I agree with you Hub, but the media will base their ideas on not just an individuals play but on success with their ballclub. In terms of how Brady and Bulger have played in recent years it is comparable but in terms of how the Patriots and Rams have fared they are poles apart. Players playing in the big games ie Play-off games and Superbowl's will always get more recognition than guys who aren't. It isn't necessarily right but thats the way it goes..

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    I agree with you Hub, but the media will base their ideas on not just an individuals play but on success with their ballclub. In terms of how Brady and Bulger have played in recent years it is comparable but in terms of how the Patriots and Rams have fared they are poles apart. Players playing in the big games ie Play-off games and Superbowl's will always get more recognition than guys who aren't. It isn't necessarily right but thats the way it goes..
    You're right, and I'm not disagreeing with you. I would expect the QB of a 3-time SB winning team playing in close proximity to Bristol, CT to get far and away more coverage than any other QB. However, I was replying to the notion that Brady is "clearly above" any QB not named Peyton Manning. That I disagree with.

In recognition? Yes.
    In production? No.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You're right, and I'm not disagreeing with you. I would expect the QB of a 3-time SB winning team playing in close proximity to Bristol, CT to get far and away more coverage than any other QB. However, I was replying to the notion that Brady is "clearly above" any QB not named Peyton Manning. That I disagree with.

In recognition? Yes.
    In production? No.
    That is very true, hopefully Marc will get more recognition by the defense stepping up and playing "average" allowing Marc to showcase his talents in the play-offs..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123