Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

espn ranks rams fans 29th

ESPN ranked rams fans in st louis (ie fans at the games) 29th. The only teams worse were the lions, falcons and of course, the big dead.

Five years ago, we would have been towards the top of course, but the articles points out correctly that st louis is a baseball town without a long tradition for the rams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: espn ranks rams fans 29th

I don't blame them. I think it is appropriate. The Dome is always near empty and its sad seeing it that way. But like any other sports teams, you need to win (or have long tradition) to get the fans in.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It's okay. In general, dome included, we've been latent these past few years giving the rest of the NFL a chance. From here forward though, we'll be awake and ready for WAR!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I don't blame them. I think it is appropriate. The Dome is always near empty and its sad seeing it that way. But like any other sports teams, you need to win (or have long tradition) to get the fans in.
    your right,when they were winning early in this decade,no one wanted to go and play in the dome,the noise was unbelievable,if the Rams can start to get back to a playoff team I am sure the dome will get back to what it was.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I overall agree with a lot of the rankings, namely with us and our non sellout issues of last year. There are always superfans, like us, however, the vast majority are not like the Clan.

I have to give some love to the Raiders, however, as they got gipped out of a top five ranking. How can they say that the Raiders fans aren't creative? The reason I can stand the Raiders is because of how great and creative their fans are(not to mention fear for my life scary).

Seachicken fans may whine, but they got a true ranking. They have their 12th man schtick and that's it. They want to get better? Have them get the NFL to allow a fan to play the opening kickoff. Kill off their fan base, one fool at a time.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I overall agree with a lot of the rankings, namely with us and our non sellout issues of last year. There are always superfans, like us, however, the vast majority are not like the Clan.

I have to give some love to the Raiders, however, as they got gipped out of a top five ranking. How can they say that the Raiders fans aren't creative? The reason I can stand the Raiders is because of how great and creative their fans are(not to mention fear for my life scary).

Seachicken fans may whine, but they got a true ranking. They have their 12th man schtick and that's it. They want to get better? Have them get the NFL to allow a fan to play the opening kickoff. Kill off their fan base, one fool at a time.
    True, they are very creative having the Bay Area police very busy win/or lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it will just take time for the tradition to take root in St. Louis. We've had 4 winning seasons in the 13 years that the team has been in St. Louis. Sure, we had the GSoT for say 5 years, but that's still sandwiched between two 4-year stretches of underachieving. I don't think the St. Louis population at large relates to the Rams' heritage from the years in L.A. To build up the fanbase, the team is just going to have to make some more memories in the Dome.

Milan is offline Registered User

I've been critical of the fans but we're at least better than the Jags as well.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Last year, in a section near the field, I had people pull my jersey and inform me that "we only stand on third down". I was so disgusted and posted about it last year. There are many Rams fans that really disgust me. I have heard louder clapping at the US Open that at the Dome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

schut39 is offline Registered User

Well guess what ESPN? I rank you last on my sports websites ranking list.
    Last edited by schut39; -08-30-2008 at 06:04 PM.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

ESPN isn't out of line - I would have ranked our fans 31st.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

schut39 is offline Registered User

I know, but there are still some very supportive fans of the team like most of the people on this website. I'm sure they don't really like to hear that they are ranked close to last despite joining a St Louis Rams forum to talk about how awesome they are (most of the time) and even doing those activites like fundraisers or whatever the Mods and Admins setup.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I was shocked when I saw they ranked Rams fans 29th I thought that was a little high. The ESPN writers must not have visitied this site because if they had the doom and gloomers would have left them with a feeling of emptiness. They surely would have voted us 32nd after reading all of the negative crap on this site. Considering just about every important home game is actually a home game for the visitor I'm not surprised at all.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Wow, creative is not the way I'd describe Faider fans. More like clownish, rediculous, and a few things I can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Last year, in a section near the field, I had people pull my jersey and inform me that "we only stand on third down". I was so disgusted and posted about it last year. There are many Rams fans that really disgust me. I have heard louder clapping at the US Open that at the Dome.
    If anyone tells me they only stand on third down, I'll tell them they better start a new tradition or they won't be seeing much action!

blood85 is offline Registered User

We've had this discussion before...but that's ok, and I agree with most of you that yes, we need to establish a longer "time" of winning before we will be ranked any higher on anyones list of hardcore fans. I do know one thing however, we LA/STL fans are MUCH better and MORE OF US than the following: Lions, falcons,chargers,jags, bucs, aints, bills, seachickens,Titans,chefs,cards. ESPN, you get your info right, morons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast