Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Espn Sun Night Crew Have No Respect for Pace or Bulger

The Sunday Night Football announcers tonite Patrick, Theisman, and Maguire, saying that Walter Jones is the best LT in the league, saying that Matt Hasselbeck is up in the same category as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady YES THEY REALLY SAID THAT, and saying Seattle is one of the best teams in the league, not just the NFC, THE LEAGUE. LOL

All of this talk because Seattle lays a beat down on Houston :drunk:

Now Jones is a top 5 LT and could possibly be the best, but theres some guy named Pace who's pretty good also.
    But for those idiots to put Hasselbeck up there with Peyton and Brady is ridiculous. If I had to choose a QB I'm taking Bulger over Hass everytime. So before the ESPN Sun Nite Crew sends Seattle to the Superbowl, let's take a breath, relax, and gain some perspective. Houston is the worst team in the league fellas.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-17-2005 at 02:18 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Espn Sun Night Crew Have No Respect for Pace or Bulger

I was listening to the game on the drive home and I felt real bad for David Carr. It sounds like he is a shell of himself, with all the confidence knocked out.

I wish the announcers would stick to basic football information and kept their personal opinions to themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I too said "Slow down" when they started comparing Hasselbeck to Brady and Manning. I think that's a little more than a small reach. But he's looking pretty good this year even with his backup WRs. Tonight was just the Texans but he was pretty damned solid against the Rams too. I can totally understand why a Ram fan would take Bulger over Hass but (predictably), I feel the complete opposite. IMO, Bulger is a product of top talent at WR. He's very accurate. I'll give him that. But if you traded WR corps, Bulger is a middle of the road QB and Hasselbeck becomes a perennial Pro Bowler. But of course, that's just my opinion.

What is a fact is that Orlando Pace is an elite LT who couldn't carry Walter Jones jock. And if you ever watch them both, it's pretty obvious which is why you hear more than just tonight's crew saying it. Orlando Pace gives the elite DEs in the game a serious run for their money. Walter Jones toys with the elite DEs. Despite playing Simeon Rice, Julius Peppers, and Jason Taylor last year, he was the only LT in the game not to give up a single sack. Simeon Rice didn't get so much as an assisted tackle. This year, he has already faced Bertrand Berry and Patrick Kerney with the same results. Last year, Orlando got straight schooled by Kerney in the playoffs. When he played Walter Jones this year, even the announcers were laughing at how bad Kerney was gettin' abused.

Orlando is top five but Walter is consistently lights out no matter who he plays.

I dont think, looking at his post, that he is saying Pace is better. He was just gripping that the announcers were doing there usual crap.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User
    Ya know, I wish Lawrance Taylor would have finnished th job with Theisman. LT should ripped his broken leg off and jammed it down Theisman's mouth.
    Hmmm Hasselback as good as Brady OMG, LOL [nice to see pateties LOSE agan], is utterly rediculous. I always said JT sucked as an announcer. Proof is there.

Maguire I can't say anything about, I don't think he ever played football so he is just clue less.:tongue:
    Jesse New York Says:

October 12th, 2005 at 2:45 pm
    Regarding Joe Theismann,

The man is a horses ass from the word go.

I will let Joe himself talk about his Education with this
    quote:

“The word “genius” isn’t applicable in football. A
    genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.” -

–Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

There you have it !

Another college education wasted on an idiot !

It`s a good thing he played football.

I got that from Cowboys blog page.
    Last edited by Marshall1; -10-17-2005 at 05:09 AM.
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1
    Ya know, I wish Lawrance Taylor would have finnished th job with Theisman. LT should ripped his broken leg off and jammed it down Theisman's mouth.
    Oh Marshall1....that statement is so politically wrong and freakin hilarious. I am dying over here. LOL LOL

Theisman was a good QB. He talked a big game and he had the ability to walk a team down the field and score in under 60 seconds. He has a big ego. His announcing skills are deteriorating. He says some unbelievably stupid things. I can't believe that ESPN continues to use him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

What is a fact is that Orlando Pace is an elite LT who couldn't carry Walter Jones jock.
    Well, that might be a bit of a stretch, don't you think? They're both at the top of the OT universe, but I don't think either is materially better than the other. I'd call that matchup a draw, if anything.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

As a whole, Seattle definitely has the better offensive line. That in itself will make the great seem greater. Seattle has the better running game, or at least employs a running game, taking pressure off of Hasselbeck. Let him throw the ball 60 times a game and see where he ends up.
    Personally I'd take Manning and Brady over both of them any day. Manning first, Brady a distant second.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I feel the complete opposite. IMO, Bulger is a product of top talent at WR. He's very accurate. I'll give him that. But if you traded WR corps, Bulger is a middle of the road QB and Hasselbeck becomes a perennial Pro Bowler. But of course, that's just my opinion.
    Husleonhisback is a product of the system and very average. Bulger is not only more accurate, but is able to find ANY receiver, (that includes our # 3,4&5 WR's) and put the ball on target IF HE HAS TIME.

What is a fact is that Orlando Pace is an elite LT who couldn't carry Walter Jones jock
    Get a grip and a clue. Both Pace and Jones entered the league in 97'. Jones has 3 Pro-Bowls while the far Superior Mr. Pace has 6 CONSECUTIVE Pro - Bowls.
    So I think a little respect for Mr. Pace is due. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, that might be a bit of a stretch, don't you think? They're both at the top of the OT universe, but I don't think either is materially better than the other. I'd call that matchup a draw, if anything.
    Saying Orlando can't carry Walter's jock is overstated but I do actually believe there is a material difference when you compare how they've done against the same defensive ends. However, I will also concede that they're both so good that it almost doesn't matter.

From what I've seen in the past two years, I honestly believe that Walter is the best offensive lineman in football, bar none. I haven't seen anyone completely neutralize top talent the way he does.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Get a grip and a clue. Both Pace and Jones entered the league in 97'. Jones has 3 Pro-Bowls while the far Superior Mr. Pace has 6 CONSECUTIVE Pro - Bowls.
    So I think a little respect for Mr. Pace is due. :clanram:
    Hard to argue with a man that doesn't have his facts straight. Didn't realize we were talking about the past or using the popularity contest that they call the Pro Bowl as a legitimate measuring stick. Hell, even Michael Vick is a perennial Pro Bowler. You think that's because he's so productive?

Anyway, Walter Jones has been to the last 5 Pro Bowls, not three. And oh, by the way, he started in the last one while Pace was his backup. So much for using Pro Bowls and not production as the measuring stick. You probably haven't even ever seen him play. But nice try.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Oh Marshall1....that statement is so politically wrong and freakin hilarious. I am dying over here. LOL LOL

Theisman was a good QB. He talked a big game and he had the ability to walk a team down the field and score in under 60 seconds. He has a big ego. His announcing skills are deteriorating. He says some unbelievably stupid things. I can't believe that ESPN continues to use him.
    Theisman was a very good QB but the Redskins also had a defense and John Riggins. Theisman's ego is not just big its ignorant, heck John Madden should do double duty.:tongue: LOL
    Should we start a new thread? Who hates Joe "Norman Eistien" Theisman? I will vote yes. Utter i am in a Theisman hatin mood!
    Last edited by Marshall1; -10-17-2005 at 11:59 AM.
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

the Redskins also had a defense and John Riggins
    Names like Art Monk, Charlie Brown, Clint Didier, & Gary Clark helped his career as well
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Don't forget the Hogs either. A great O line is a huge asset to the running and passing game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1

Maguire I can't say anything about, I don't think he ever played football so he is just clue less.:tongue:
    Maguire was a punter for the Bills. But he is clueless you got that right LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast