Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: From ESPN on trial -LL says two beers

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    For those of you that do imbibe on occasion, how much of a difference do you feel after 2 beers.
    Makes me feel like having a third!

:redface:

This space for rent...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    For those of you that do imbibe on occasion, how much of a difference do you feel after 2 beers.
    As someone who regularly embarks on this experiment, I can tell you that two beers isn't going to do much to you, especially if you weigh ~260lbs as Little does.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    He killed someone and got a virtual free pass on it. He took a plea bargain, probably offered because of his celebrity-like status on the Rams, and was penalized the equivelant of a slap on the wrist.
    When this discussion was going on on the Rampagers mailing list, there were a number of St. Louis residents (or those who resided close to the area) who seemed to think the punishment Little served for his plea was pretty accurate for what a regular person would serve under those circumstances.

While the penalty may be a slap on the wrist compared to the penalty in other states, I didn't get the impression that it was vastly different from what other residents of the area received under the same circumstances from talking to people of the area on that list.

Perhaps someone on the board from the area with knowledge about this could clear it up, though. The perception certainly is that he got off lightly, but I'd be interested in seeing if that actually was the case.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Here's the deal.

Everyone who has ever been pulled over after having had a few drinks responds with "I just had 1 or 2 beers".

So most likely the guy had a few more. 78 in a 55 is pretty out of control. I mean, when you're going 80 mph in a 65 zone, you are pushing it and know that you could get pulled over. When you're doing 80 in a 55, you've probably had more than 2 beers.

As for what does 2 beers do to you? Loosens you up a bit. Helps my golf game to have 1 or 2. Could slower your reaction time slightly, but nothing that being a little tired, or stressed from work couldn't also do to you.

5 or 6 beers...now that's a different story.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    Everyone who has ever been pulled over after having had a few drinks responds with "I just had 1 or 2 beers".
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    78 in a 55 is pretty out of control. I mean, when you're going 80 mph in a 65 zone, you are pushing it and know that you could get pulled over.
    Depends on the layout, I'd think. There are places here in town where the speed limit is 50 but people regularly go 70 when there's no traffic because it's just a straight stretch of highway. I've caught myself doing 75 on it without thinking much about it.

Heck, there are parts on the interstate in Pennsylvania that are marked 55 and traffic moves closer to 75 or 80. I'm not saying if you get caught that you shouldn't pay the price for it, but I'd have to see the stretch he was driving if I was going to make any judgements on his speed. There's a difference between going 78 in a 55 that probably could be marked a 70 and going 78 in a 55 that's clearly supposed to be a 55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12