Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Even If Alex Barron.........

Even if Barron gets trashed by Strahan this Sunday, or gives up a sack or 2, I really hope that I don't hear people calling for Alex to be benched or say wheres Tucker or Sapaia. Strahan is an All Pro, let's not forget that next week. If Barron has a good game then he is the real deal (which I think he is anyways) but if he does not, remember hes just a rookie, it's his first start in the NFL, and he's playing against an All Pro. No matter how Barron plays I hope we ALL give him the positive support he deserves right now. Good Luck Alex. Have a GREAT game.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-19-2005 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

general counsel is online now Registered User

Re: Even If Alex Barron.........

Very well put son of rev. ike. Barron is clearly better than anyone else we have to put out there right now and even with some growing pains that we should all expect, the future is now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

This will be a big test from Alex for sure, first road game against the Giants. If he give one up that’s not bad, I’m sure he will win his fair share of battles, he’s not coming out of the line up short of him just looking lost, I don’t see that. He played well in his preseason games, that he played in he will be fine. This could be the beginning of a long run of bookends.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Surely he can't fair any worse than a seasoned vet by the name of Kyle Turley did the last time the Rams played the giants.

I'm just hoping that the Barron bashers don't come out next week IF he has a bad game.

The bashers where just not happy with him taking care of his business, with his contract. Now he will just take care of business, did you see how big he and big O looked on that front line?

AugustaRamFan Guest

Alhough I do not consider myself a "Barron Basher", I have been critical of his holdout and his election to miss the greater part of training camp. They do not call it "training camp" for nothing... me thinks!!!

You cannot argue with the guys talent, raw ability and physical tools. You can argue that the guy would be much father ahead had he been in camp and got the reps. that he missed.

One could say that the reps. he missed in camp, will have to be made up in real time games, and that will take some time.

I do not expect him to shut down Strahan, but I can hope. I do expect him to make rookie mistakes and have some mental and/or physical lapses. I just hope that those lapses do not cost us a game or a quarterback.

I will not debate whether Barron or Saipia would be a better choice, BUT as was already noted, if you use "Turkeys" performance against Strahan (I WONT EVEN TYPE THE GUYS NAME) as a yardstick, Barron might measure up pretty well.

Go RAMS... GO Smooth One....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Even if Alex Barron...

Good Luck Alex. Have a GREAT game. --RamsBruce
    Nice thread, my friend -- positive and 'proactive'. :up:

'Totally agree with everyone here. The young Barron will be up against a 13 yr. veteran pro Bowler and is thus his first huge challenge as a rookie, as a starter, playing an essential role in the Rams game plan.

It's great to see that most Rams fans are clearly supportive of Alex Barron. You can almost hear the echo as stated above ... Good Luck Alex. Have a GREAT game.

:angryram:

Re: Even if Alex Barron...

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Nice thread, my friend -- positive and 'proactive'. :up:
    Thanks.

Go kick some Giant butt Alex. :football:

rampete Guest

i think we all can guess correctly that the giants DC and strahan are gameplanning to confuse and rattle barron next weekend...but i agree, even if we lose that game due to poor pass protection on the right side, martz should not undercut the kids confidence by pulling him out again on a whim, unless strahan has three or four sacks by halftime...

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    martz should not undercut the kids confidence by pulling him out again on a whim, unless strahan has three or four sacks by halftime...

Martz needs to let him play even if he gives up 3 or 4 sacks. We have nothing better than Barron at RT as it stands now.

I'm just hoping that we Rams fans here at the clan and everywhere don't jump the gun and call for Barron to be benched IF he has a bad game.

The numbers on these two guys.

92 Strahan, Michael DE 6-5 275 33 13 Texas Southern

VS.

92 Alex Barron RT 6-7 320 Florida State

I think Strahan is more like 265 lbs he has lost a lot of weight this year, much faster and still has a great bull rush.

Tony Soprano Guest

Martz will give Barron help against Strahan.
    I think any Rookie would need help against Strahan.

AFTER the NYG game, Barron can't let Bulger get busted up. Anyone that's seen Willig, Tucker, Saipai will not be calling for them to play tackle again (not, if they like Marc Bulger).

Again, AFTER the Giants, Barron will allow an occasional sack but you gotta protect your QB. We can all expect Holding calls and False starts and they're just gonna happen.

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Very well put son of rev. ike. Barron is clearly better than anyone else we have to put out there right now and even with some growing pains that we should all expect, the future is now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

GC i know that Saipia struggled against the Titans but, AB has only played what a quarter thus far?..........Hope your right though! I really do hope this kid is the next Jackie slater!......but he does need playing time ,also i would move saipia to a guard position because neither of our starting guards are playing that well! A whole lotta push in the middle thus far!..................and sign incognito!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    The numbers on these two guys.

92 Strahan, Michael DE 6-5 275 33 13 Texas Southern

VS.

92 Alex Barron RT 6-7 320 Florida State

I think Strahan is more like 265 lbs he has lost a lot of weight this year, much faster and still has a great bull rush.
    It will be a BIG challenge for Barron but I think hes up to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast