Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Eventually, some of the "experts" will adopt the Rams.

I don't see how anyone can pick the RAms unless they just think this division stinks worse than it does. However, Av's probably right. Someone will probably pick the Rams because the NFC West is so bad why not?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This was posted on March 27, 2009:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    ....two things will happen. First, as with the mock drafts, the "experts" will notice that their projections look a lot like the other "experts" projections. This simply will not do. Second, they'll remember the Dolphins and the Falcons from 2008, and develop a burning desire to be the one and only "expert" to pick the next team that will rise from the ashes.

...A few, though, will turn their eyes toward the Rams. They'll say... Spagnuolo - now there's a winner - he'll turn them around. They'll predict healthy, productive seasons from Bulger and Jackson. They'll see great things from second year players like Long and Avery, and say what a great draft the Rams had. A few, just to be different from other "experts," will adopt the Rams.

And remember... you heard it here first!
    This week, there have been two articles (both are posted on this forum) suggesting that the Rams may be among this year's turnaround teams.

You may now all bow to the wisdom of AvengerRam.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

All praise the greatness that is Avenger, second only to the godlike Vernon Gholston in our hearts and minds!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This was posted on March 27, 2009:

This week, there have been two articles (both are posted on this forum) suggesting that the Rams may be among this year's turnaround teams.

You may now all bow to the wisdom of AvengerRam.
    Wow!!!! Don't toot your own horn or anything. Nice analysis SIR!!!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't see how anyone can pick the RAms unless they just think this division stinks worse than it does. However, Av's probably right. Someone will probably pick the Rams because the NFC West is so bad why not?
    Jeez TX - give it a rest. The NFC West stinks, the Rams stink, everybody in the NFC West has a better line, secondary, QB....and so on and on and on.

It's called conventional wisdom, and it's meaningless. I understand wins and losses are what's measured, but the past is no indicator of history.

Seattle had a lame duck coach, no QB and injuries. The Rams and ***** fired coaches in the middle of the season (and the atmosphere changed in BOTH franchises). Arizona is legitimate, so I disagree that we're the worst division, and even if we are, it's the NF'nL, and teams are so close it doesn't really matter.

Back to the Rams. The queen and her two court jesters that ruined the team I grew up with are gone, and THIS, and ONLY this, is the reason for optimism. And I agree that a center, end and safety bring nothing to the table without the changed atmosphere and attitude that only the absence of these three stooges can bring.

Lighten up, and try and enjoy some games next year, (although I have to admit I share your lack of optimism regarding Mr. Hill).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Jeez TX - give it a rest. The NFC West stinks, the Rams stink, everybody in the NFC West has a better line, secondary, QB....and so on and on and on.

It's called conventional wisdom, and it's meaningless. I understand wins and losses are what's measured, but the past is no indicator of history.

Seattle had a lame duck coach, no QB and injuries. The Rams and ***** fired coaches in the middle of the season (and the atmosphere changed in BOTH franchises). Arizona is legitimate, so I disagree that we're the worst division, and even if we are, it's the NF'nL, and teams are so close it doesn't really matter.

Back to the Rams. The queen and her two court jesters that ruined the team I grew up with are gone, and THIS, and ONLY this, is the reason for optimism. And I agree that a center, end and safety bring nothing to the table without the changed atmosphere and attitude that only the absence of these three stooges can bring.

Lighten up, and try and enjoy some games next year, (although I have to admit I share your lack of optimism regarding Mr. Hill).
    Wait a minute, i dont think TX is quite pessimist your cuttin him out to be..I think(hope)what hes saying is nobody in there right damn mind would pick the Rams..why should they?..Why call yourself an expert and pick a team whos only won 5 games in 2 years? Did somebody before the 08 season start actually PiCK MiA to be a playoff contender? i doubt it. Or at least they werent in their right state of mind when they did.

Now of course you'll read the Rams are improving or, dont count out STL..but is that really a confident thumbs up or more of a "you never know" scenario being played out to fill in offseason lag?..

To conclude this, even though AV suggests we heard it with him first, i guarantee ive read it before in previous years AND i'll hear it again(hopefully not for the Rams) for years to come..its called a TREND. you heard THAT here first..

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Actually, you're right, and the point's wall taken. I was venting 'cuz I'm sick of hearing about what a shyte division we're in. There have been extenuating circumstances, and last time I looked, our division has sent 4 teams (3 different) to the Superbowl in the last decade.

What other division can say that.

The Rams fared the best (2-2, SF and AZ 1-3, and Sea 0-4), against the "toughest" division in football, and oh by the way, the shytiest division winner (AZ) beat the mightiest division winner (PHI) for the NFC Title.

I repeat; we have the players, we need the attitude, which we now have a chance to develop given the new atmosphere at Rams Park now that ms. dumb and the dumber twins are gone.
    Last edited by VegasRam; -07-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Wait a minute, i dont think TX is quite pessimist your cuttin him out to be..I think(hope)what hes saying is nobody in there right damn mind would pick the Rams..why should they?..Why call yourself an expert and pick a team whos only won 5 games in 2 years? Did somebody before the 08 season start actually PiCK MiA to be a playoff contender? i doubt it. Or at least they werent in their right state of mind when they did.

Now of course you'll read the Rams are improving or, dont count out STL..but is that really a confident thumbs up or more of a "you never know" scenario being played out to fill in offseason lag?..

To conclude this, even though AV suggests we heard it with him first, i guarantee ive read it before in previous years AND i'll hear it again(hopefully not for the Rams) for years to come..its called a TREND. you heard THAT here first..

It's a really simple concept, similar to people you work with everyday ...

What do average employees do? They go with the flow, do the work they are supposed to do, put their hours in and go home. This is a typical "expert" writer that picks the same teams that did well last year to do well again the next year ...

What do superior employees do? They go the extra mile, come in early, and stay late, they fix things that aren't broken, they are innovative, take chances, take risks, and make things happen. These are your REAL experts that will spend the time to analyze these teams from top to bottom and look for that jewel in the rough ...

Those types of EXPERTS are few and far between, but I guarantee you that a few of them will pick a team to succeed that will have everybody wondering "what is wrong with this idiot?" ...

And at the end of the year, those experts will be laughing at everyone ...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't care what any of the supposed experts say. From John Madden, Chris Collingsworth, Chris Berman, Dan Marino, Phil Sims, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Jackson, Solomon Wilcotts, Troy Aikman, Howie Long, Fred Smerlas, Warren Sapp, Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, Tony Kornheiser, Frank Gifford, Tony Soprano to Jimmy the "GREEK" himself.

1. ST. LOUIS RAMS

2-32...who cares!!!

That's how I see it!

GO RAMS!!!!!

Battering_RAMS is offline Registered User

Does anyone remember the run we had toward the end of the season? With a little better coaching and conditioning we could have been a 6-10 team. With Spags at helm I have high hopes for this season. No playoffs but .500+ record.

detrigg is offline Registered User

I think everyone recognizes that the team is in rebuilding mode, and labeling the rams as a "sleeper" would be a mistake. The only thing that could warrant such a prediction is the division, I mean seriously the division stinks. I however think the Cards are solid enough to lock this division down again.
    Save the sleeper stuff for next year and enjoy playing the niners, hawks, and any other upsets we can pull off.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't care what any of the supposed experts say. From John Madden, Chris Collingsworth, Chris Berman, Dan Marino, Phil Sims, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Jackson, Solomon Wilcotts, Troy Aikman, Howie Long, Fred Smerlas, Warren Sapp, Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, Tony Kornheiser, Frank Gifford, Tony Soprano to Jimmy the "GREEK" himself.

1. ST. LOUIS RAMS

2-32...who cares!!!

That's how I see it!

GO RAMS!!!!!
    I'll have what laram0 is having.....
    YouTube - When Harry Met Sally - I'll have what she's having!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123