MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Everyone agrees: we need vet insurance on the D-line ...

Now that the drafrt is over, how much feinting and attempting to hoodwink is going on among NFL teams? I would venture not alot. Teams are busy trying to assess what they REALLY have with their (up to now) free agent signings and draft picks. NFL coaches (at any level) who have been around the league for at least a few years have likely formed friendships and bonds of trust with coaches they have worked with in the past. Is it too great of a leap of faith to think that perhaps these friends still stay in touch and discuss players off the record far away from the prying media? If that is the case I will go out further on the limb and speculate that Linnehan already has a short list of guys that very likely will be available. After all -- not all teams have the same personnel needs, and pointed conversations among "friends" concerning certain players would be potentially benefit both teams -- a symbiotic relationship if you will.. Clearly regardless of friendships, conversations of this nature would be less likely to occur between division rivals, but that said there is much fertile ground remaining to be tilled throughout the league. I have to think that because of this, Linehan and staff are smiling like the cat who ate the canary. The very recent article by Bill Coates has confirmed that the Rams are actively seeking more veteran help on the D-line, so it is now a matter of when, not if. GC -- Never fear ... The Troops are on the way !!!

Country is offline Registered User

Re: Everyone agrees: we need vet insurance on the D-line ...

Darwin Walker could be a possibility as he is holding out of Bills camp, but only if the price is very right.

general counsel is offline Registered User

who are the usual suspects to be lined up? Bring back mike fanning.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont agree,

we have vets on the DL in Little, Hall and Glover. You cant much more in the way of veteran leadership then them. We have youngsters in Carriker, Wroten, Adeyanju, Ryan and Jackson. Its a good combination.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I really can't see the Rams pursuing another vet DT, maybe a backup DE since they only have 3 on the roster right now. My thinking is that Carriker and Wroten would be the starters in the base package with Glover coming in in passing situations. There is still a long way to go before the season starts, so anything can happen between now and then.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk247 View Post
    I don't agree.

We have vets on the DL in Little, Hall and Glover. You can't [do] much more in the way of veteran leadership with them. We have youngsters in Carriker, Wroten, Adeyanju, Ryan and Jackson. Its a good combination.

Ha! Hey Hawk, I agree -- with you.

Maui may have been thinking specifically about adding 'veteran insurance' at the DT group. Still, I keep relying on Glover to fulfill the role of a leader and help the new Rams learn how to use their strengths and their horns. Even if we do get another veteran DT this year, La'Roi is the man to listen to.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Ha! Hey Hawk, I agree -- with you.

Maui may have been thinking specifically about adding 'veteran insurance' at the DT group. Still, I keep relying on Glover to fulfill the role of a leader and help the new Rams learn how to use their strengths and their horns. Even if we do get another veteran DT this year, La'Roi is the man to listen to.
    Exactly! We could use a solid vet if Adam "Thighceps" Carriker were to sustain an injury. Our depth at NT consists of two rookies, so it isn't a stretch to think the coaching staff will be scanning the waiver wires not to mention examining any worthy trade opportunities. One never knows when the next plum might fall ...