Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Everyone please explain to me...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Everyone please explain to me...

Why everyone on this message board fine with our 3-3 record? With confirm with mediocrity? In my profession as a salesmen and a project manager for a construction company I am never settling just because we sold a 2 million job. I always want to fight as hard as I can and make sure I get every job with the highest profit margins. In every aspect of life one should not be happy with settling and saying hey well at least my situation isn't worse. That mantra will leave you wondering what would of . Could of, and should of been...

The rams are playing good overall football I totally agree. Yesterday's game is a microcosm of the settling mindset. The rams our gained in yardage , owned the time of possession, was more physical than the dolphins for the whole game. A play here, one less mental mistake we win that game.

What in tryin to say is that rams as a ball club are pissed and mad they squandered an opportunity to be 4-2. We should too... Never settle guys...
    Curly Horns and DarrinzRamz like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Everyone please explain to me...

After going through historically bad seasons, many of us are satisfied to see an improved and competitive product on the field. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as upset losing this winnable game as you are but to see a youngest team in the NFL play good football from start till finish is amazing. By next season we should start flaring tempers around close losses but it's good to practice that around this time.

By the end of the day, I'm just glad there aren't any significant injuries within our roster. Losing Wells and Amendola alone already left us with a patchwork offense.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

It's not about settling. It's taking time to recognize progress. This is not last years Rams and yes it was disappointing but this young team has alot of fight in them. They will learn to win on the road and win the close games. With a young team like the Rams it's a process that does not happen over night and most of us Ram fans have been surprise how quick this team is turning around. And YES the Rams should be pissed about the loss and that is what they should be and they now can learn to change the outcome for the future.

Go Rams
    HUbison likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Dont get it twisted homie, I'm straight PISSED! We easily had that game. We literally shot ourselves in the foot. Very un-disciplined football we played yesterday. Too many penalties, and that boneheaded error by Janoris staring at the QB. We have to play lights out, which we did for the most part. #1 rush D got molested. #1 WR in the NFL (Brian Hartline) did not have 1 catch. Reggie Bush had 17 yards on 12 carries. How on EARTH did we manage to lose that game?

We gotta rally, and absolutely SMASH the Packers in the mouth this week.
    Varg6 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

supachump is offline Registered User

Who cares what a bunch of message board people think? Myself included. It is what the people in the Ram's organization that can make the difference. I doubt they are happy about being 3-3.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Because last year we were 0-6 maybe?

Also, because getting mad and not settling for a better record means very little since I'm a fan and have zero effect on the outcome of a game. I'm sure the Rams are angry they didn't get that win.

This is my entertainment, not MY job.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

What do you want us to do get out the flaming torches and pitch forks and go get fisher?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

The Rams missed a golden opportunity and they know it.

I'm not happy about it!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's face it 3-3 is progress. Sure we could easily be 5-1 but we're not. Did anyone here really believe we would be 5-1 after our ugly performance last season? So really 3-3 isn't a negative in my mind. Jeff Fisher was brought in here to turn things around. Well he's done that through the first 6 games of the regular season. If anyone was expecting perfection right away then you're setting yourself up for frustration. The big picture is that we are a very young team by design and we will only get better each passing week under the leadership of Jeff Fisher.

GO RAMS!!!
    MauiRam and PARamfan like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa
    We literally shot ourselves in the foot.
    Literally? Then I must assume the NFL will be investigating why a loaded gun was in possession of the Rams on the field.
    live4ramin and Varg6 like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Why everyone on this message board fine with our 3-3 record?
    A. Not everyone is fine with 3-3.
    B. Not everyone is fine with 3-3.
    C. With both A and B in place, a mature eye will see this is a process, and the Rams are moving in the right direction.
    D. What good would it do to be all crazy pissed about 3-3? Would the Rams play better?.....No, of course not.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Everyone please explain to me...

Maybe I came off the wrong way on this thread I apologize. Due to the fact that we do post on this website does show that we care more about our team than the normal average fan. We tend to over analyze every play, and come up with some awesome topics to discuss about our Rams. All I was merely trying to discuss was that the Rams regardless of the progress they have made this season squandered a golden opportunity Sunday.
    HUbison and DE_Ramfan like this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I wouldn't say we're fine being 3-3. But as Ram fans we have the mindset that we could be 0-6 right now. Still 10 games left of football and while we're sitting at .500, we feel good as oppose to the past years.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

There is validity to both sides of the issue. On the one hand, we have indeed made tangible progress. And fans that have endured almost incomprehensible futility for the past several seasons appreciate competitive football and see a light at the end of the tunnel. One can watch the Rams with real hope rather than pipe dreams. From that standpoint, a 3-3 record isn't a bad thing- it's a welcome change from the 1-5 and 0-6 records we're all to used to seeing to start a season.

On the flip side, bruce4life is right- "settling" and "being satisfied" isn't the mantra of someone shooting for excellence. I don't care what our history is or what the team looks like- I will NEVER as a fan think that merely being competitive is enough. One can't look at that Dolphin game and say "Gee, guys- at least we were competitive". Fans should be pissed off that a golden opportunity against a mediocre opponent was squandered. And with 3 tough teams in a row coming up on the schedule, that loss cannot be overstated.

It's over. Can't change the past. The Rams need to play a helluva lot better and a helluva lot smarter if they're going to have a chance against a guy who threw 6 TD's against the Texans.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Literally? Then I must assume the NFL will be investigating why a loaded gun was in possession of the Rams on the field.
    Yup, happened pre-game in the locker room. You didn't hear? Legatron was actually the one who took the bullet, no wonder he missed those 3 FG's.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast