Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By QUINNtessentialTruth
  • 1 Post By LA Rammer
  • 2 Post By tomahawk247
  • 1 Post By HUbison
  • 2 Post By tomahawk247
  • 1 Post By Fettmaster

Thread: Everyone on this site has no clue what coach they want....

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Everyone on this site has no clue what coach they want....

One minute a report comes out that says fisher is leaning towards the dolphins so you jump ship to Brian billick, rob chudinski, Gregg williams, and ray Horton.

Then the next day it's jay gruden, Marty schoteheimer, and wade phillips.

Settle down people the sky is not falling , we will get a coach when we get a coach. We have no control over our beloved rams so settle down and relax...

You guys are giving me anxiety lol...
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-12-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: removed drug reference

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Everyone on this site has no clue what coach they want....

I don't agree with your thread title. I, for one, know what I want:

I want the Rams to hire Jeff Fisher.

That said, I don't regard this as "Fisher or bust." I just think he is the best prospect available.

If the Rams end up with Horton or Chudzinski, I will be fine with either. Both have some interesting qualities, and could prove to be just what the Rams need.

Lost in all of this is the GM spot. You could easily argue that the GM hiring is, in fact, the more important one, as the Rams will be in a position to add some real talent in the next two years via the draft and FA if the right choices are made.

Right now, more than anything, I, along with most people here, just want to know who its going to be at HC.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Some people might not be. I am pretty set on who I want.

Option 1: Chud with a kickass D coordinator that runs the D on his own, so Chud can do his thing with the offense

Option 2: Horton and a kick ass staff around him
    THOLTFAN81 and lostsoul like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    One minute a report comes out that says fisher is leaning towards the dolphins so you jump ship to Brian billick, rob chudinski, Gregg williams, and ray Horton.

Then the next day it's jay gruden, Marty schoteheimer, and wade phillips.

Settle down people the sky is not falling , we will get a coach when we get a coach. We have no control over our beloved rams so settle down smoke a blunt and relax...

You guys are giving me anxiety lol...
    Exactly! Fisher or I don't give a bleep who we hire is the camp that I'm in.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

whoever our next coach is may he be a winner. I JUST WANT TO WIN!!! WIN BABY!!! WIN!!!
    RamDez likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I don't want Fisher. After learning that he wants to be Executive VP and wants to run the show, i'm not interested.

Give me a decent, young coordinator to be HC, and get a GM in to run that side of things.
    THOLTFAN81 and RockinRam like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I don't want Fisher. After learning that he wants to be Executive VP and wants to run the show, i'm not interested.

Give me a decent, young coordinator to be HC, and get a GM in to run that side of things.
    So tomahawk you want a scenario In which we were just I'n with a decent you up and coming coordinator to become coach ala linehan n spags .,,

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So tomahawk you want a scenario In which we were just I'n with a decent you up and coming coordinator to become coach ala linehan n spags .,,
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I took tomahawk's comment to mean that he wanted an up-and-coming coordinator to become coach ala Sean Payton, Gary Kubiak, John Harbaugh, Jim Scwartz, Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, etc.
    gap likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

macrammer is offline Registered User

.....I am looking at our ownership and want Stan to finally put an end to the keystone cops knows as the Rams. Let's see what he comes up with. Whomever he hires, it is his decision and his stamp on this team. That is the coach I want.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm still on Fisher as the head coach and will be really bummed if we don't get him. I'm looking for the owner of this team to indicate he had a real game plan prior to letting Spags and Billy go. If the plan was to hire a another coordinator and a young GM. That's not good enough... Stan is not a football guy, he needs to hirer a real heavyweight IMO. No offense to Demoff I'm sure he's doing a good job. But just adding another young GM and another first time coach is business as usual at Rams park.

I was hoping for a new structure with a Mike Holmgren type to help shape this organization future. Someone that has been to the top of the mountain. Not sure if it's true but one of Fisher's knocks on the Rams is he does not like the structure. I have to agree with him, really who is running this team and what experience do they have? Heck hire Dick Vermeil, put someone in there that has done this before and has some success.

A young GM and first time coach is just another roll of the dice if you ask me, please don't tell me this is what you have been doing all season Stan. While this team is flaming out you read a book on how the Patriots are doing it, that's the plan.

I was kind of looking for more...
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I know exactly who i want my list has not changed from the beginning:

1. Bill Cowher
    2. John Gruden
    3. Jeff Fisher
    4. Rod Chudzinski
    5. Tom Cable

I do not want a DC has the rams next head coach like horton, or that guy in denver...Unless its and experienced HC i want an Offensive guy

i am not a fan of fisher taking so long to make a decision thou

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yes, there are plenty of us who have not lost our heads and continue to stick by our lists, but there are also a large amount of people on this site that are just chomping on whatever coach is "hot" at the moment. Just look at the wave of people who had hated Fisher as a candidate before Gruden said he was staying at ESPN, and are now huge on Fisher.

My list has changed, but not much.
    1A. Keep Spags
    1B. Spread nasty rumors about Andy Reid, get him fired and then hire him with Spags as DC.
    2. Brian Billick
    3. Clone Jeff Fisher, make him go to UCLA, then hire him.
    4. The real Jeff Fisher
    And here is where it has changed:
    5. The New Orleans Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator
    6. Chudzinski
    7. Clone of Tony Dungy who wants to coach and will bring the clone of Tom Moore, Mudd, and Monte Kiffin with him. Who am I kidding, this is #1!!!!
    8. ??? I don't care as long as we get an offensive line coach with a very good track record, and a strong DC who won't let that side of the ball lapse. A LB Coach would be good, as we have promising linemen and secondary players. We need OLB's big time.
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would have preferred to have a head coach with previous head coaching experience. But i don't want a guy who is going to be both head coach and GM. Which is what Jeff Fisher practically wants. I want one guy to coach the team, and a different guy to handle personnel decisions. Seeing as Fisher doesn't want to go down that route, I don't want him

That leaves the options of other guys with HC experience. Well anyone who was any good as a HC (aka Bill Cowher) is either retired, working in TV, really old or with a team. There are obviously other people out there that have HC experience that aren't any good, for example Scott Linehan.

So what does that leave us? Well that leaves us with a decent up and coming coordinator. However, while i would love a guy like Rob Chudzinski as HC, what is also important is the GM and staff that get put in place around him. For example, Gary Kubiak did well as a HC in Houston, but it wasn't until he got a great DC in like Wade Phillips that the team made the playoffs.

For the ridiculous sum of money that it would take to hire Jeff Fisher, i would rather put some of it towards a decent DC or GM rather than him
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I find it hilarious the many threads and posts of guys pronouncing "man, that guy would be a great HC". How do you know? Because he had great talent at his previous team while coordinator? Have you interviewed him? How do you know what he was responsible for at the last position? What do his bosses think about him?

People that loved the hiring of Spags & Devaney (me included) and then blame the Rams organization for it not working are hilarious. Because if they were in charge, they would have done it differently even though they declared otherwise.
    People who demand they draft X player because he's ranked highly on mock draft boards by self described internet gurus or he played awesome in the one game they saw them play are hilarious.
    People who produce mock drafts are hilarious. Are we really supposed to take them seriously?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

You wanna know what I want?

I just want to win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    People who produce mock drafts are hilarious. Are we really supposed to take them seriously?
    No, not at all. But its still fun to debate, and argue
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -01-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.