Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Ex-Bulger Apologist

    OK, so I have given Marc the benefit of the doubt for the past two years, but that came to an abrupt halt this week.

    Like most others who have watched our Rams, I blamed the porous O-Line for all of Bulger's faults. I'm not trying to say it wasn't their fault, but as crazy as it sounds the QB needs to be held responsible for getting sacked as well. I came to this conclusion after watching the Monday night game between the Cards and the whiners. J.T. O'Sullivan was sacked 32 times this year behind the same offensive line that did not give up a sack yesterday to the Cardinals.

    Now what was the difference? Did they all of a sudden learn how to block? No, it was the QB change, Shaun Hill just wouldn't get sacked. He would scramble, shift, and quickly release the ball. Not just go down and give up on the play like Bulger seems to do when he feels pressure. I'm sorry, I just get worked up when I see bad QB's do better than a former Pro Bowler. And it sucks.


  2. #2
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,256
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    wow, I hope your doghouse is insulated.
    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  3. #3
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Don't worry he can cuddle up with Pace and Holt. And our entire defense.

    Oh yeah and the rest of the team.

  4. #4
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    OK, so I have given Marc the benefit of the doubt for the past two years, but that came to an abrupt halt this week.

    Like most others who have watched our Rams, I blamed the porous O-Line for all of Bulger's faults. I'm not trying to say it wasn't their fault, but as crazy as it sounds the QB needs to be held responsible for getting sacked as well. I came to this conclusion after watching the Monday night game between the Cards and the whiners. J.T. O'Sullivan was sacked 32 times this year behind the same offensive line that did not give up a sack yesterday to the Cardinals.

    Now what was the difference? Did they all of a sudden learn how to block? No, it was the QB change, Shaun Hill just wouldn't get sacked. He would scramble, shift, and quickly release the ball. Not just go down and give up on the play like Bulger seems to do when he feels pressure. I'm sorry, I just get worked up when I see bad QB's do better than a former Pro Bowler. And it sucks.
    Your argument is one of the worst that someone can ever make about the fundamentals of football. You are claiming that the QB makes the offensive line, and not vice versa. You are basically saying the Shaun Hill makes the 49'ers offensive line better. You will never win this argument ....

    He quickly released the ball on his way to a 19-40 night, with 2 INTs, and a third that was called back due to questionable call ...

    The gameplan was obviously for Hill to keep the passes short, and throw it away quickly if necessary ...

    Solid running from Gore amplifies the improvement ...

    But what did it result in? A loss.

    I would think the better performance has alot to do with the new coach, and the energy around him, rather than the QB in the game. They was clearly NOT running the typical Martz offense last night ...

  5. #5
    faulk2jackson Guest

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    i was a Bulger fan too, until last Sunday. The blindside hit was BULGER'S FAULT. He should have seen the Blitz coming and called it out. He did nothing because he doesn't know when the blitz is coming!!!!!!! The play was supposed to be a quick hit to the right but he decided to hold the ball a little longer. Enough blaming the Oline please. I have seen Bulger stand in the pocket for long periods of time just to throw an inaccurate pass to god knows who. IM OFF THE BULGER BANDWAGON> DRAFT MC COY.

  6. #6
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    i was a Bulger fan too, until last Sunday. The blindside hit was BULGER'S FAULT. He should have seen the Blitz coming and called it out. He did nothing because he doesn't know when the blitz is coming!!!!!!! The play was supposed to be a quick hit to the right but he decided to hold the ball a little longer. Enough blaming the Oline please. I have seen Bulger stand in the pocket for long periods of time just to throw an inaccurate pass to god knows who. IM OFF THE BULGER BANDWAGON> DRAFT MC COY.
    Wow, really?

    Well, then ...

    1. You better jump off of Steven Jackson's bandwagon, because he is too weak to play ...

    2. You better jump off of Torry Holt's bandwagon, because he doesn't care ...

    3. You better jump off of Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton's bandwagons because they cannot run the right routes ...

    4. You better jump off of Will Witherspoon's bandwagon because he has been MIA all year ....

    This couls go on and on and on until you have very few players left ...

  7. #7
    faulk2jackson Guest

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Wow, really?

    Well, then ...

    1. You better jump off of Steven Jackson's bandwagon, because he is too weak to play ...

    2. You better jump off of Torry Holt's bandwagon, because he doesn't care ...

    3. You better jump off of Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton's bandwagons because they cannot run the right routes ...

    4. You better jump off of Will Witherspoon's bandwagon because he has been MIA all year ....

    This couls go on and on and on until you have very few players left ...
    1. Steven Jackson had at least had one great game this year. Is he injury prone? the jury is still out on this one.

    2. Torry Holt should be traded.

    3. They have an excuse.....they are rookies.

    4. Witherspoon would play alot better if they put him back in his weakside position.

    5. Marc Bulger? he is not a leader. He can not read defensive plays and just plays too shell shocked. Worries about the hit before worrying about the completion.

  8. #8
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    i was a Bulger fan too, until last Sunday. The blindside hit was BULGER'S FAULT. He should have seen the Blitz coming and called it out. He did nothing because he doesn't know when the blitz is coming!!!!!!! The play was supposed to be a quick hit to the right but he decided to hold the ball a little longer. Enough blaming the Oline please. I have seen Bulger stand in the pocket for long periods of time just to throw an inaccurate pass to god knows who. IM OFF THE BULGER BANDWAGON> DRAFT MC COY.
    Perhaps no one was open. Of course, if he throws and it's picked off, then it's his fault for forcing it.

    I look forward to the day a few years from now when Bulger is no longer even on our roster, but we are still blaming him for the team's failings.

  9. #9
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Your argument is one of the worst that someone can ever make about the fundamentals of football. You are claiming that the QB makes the offensive line, and not vice versa. You are basically saying the Shaun Hill makes the 49'ers offensive line better. You will never win this argument ....

    He quickly released the ball on his way to a 19-40 night, with 2 INTs, and a third that was called back due to questionable call ...

    The gameplan was obviously for Hill to keep the passes short, and throw it away quickly if necessary ...

    Solid running from Gore amplifies the improvement ...

    But what did it result in? A loss.

    I would think the better performance has alot to do with the new coach, and the energy around him, rather than the QB in the game. They was clearly NOT running the typical Martz offense last night ...
    I agree. The Whiners ran the ball well- Gore is having the quietest excellent season ever- and their LBs, esp Willis, stuffed the run. Simple old school formula which takes good play from players/units other than QB that the Rams apparently cannot produce at the moment.

    I'm not mancrushing Bulger or clinging to the past in supporting him. Just pointing out that the problems we're all sick of chewing over haven't disappeared just because we are bored with them. Changing one player won't make a difference with the team wide stinkiness we saw vs Jets.

    A very un-Martz West Coast offense kept them in the game then, ironically, Martz's flub at the end cost them the win.

    He sure has learned to whine like a Whiner:

    ESPN - Report: Mike Martz blames official's spot for San Francisco ***** loss

    It's the small things like that last play-I could sense the collective groan around The SF Bay Area ( "Like millions of voices cried out & then were silenced") that will sustain me this year.
    .

  10. #10
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,240
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    i was a Bulger fan too, until last Sunday. The blindside hit was BULGER'S FAULT. He should have seen the Blitz coming and called it out. He did nothing because he doesn't know when the blitz is coming!!!!!!! The play was supposed to be a quick hit to the right but he decided to hold the ball a little longer. Enough blaming the Oline please. I have seen Bulger stand in the pocket for long periods of time just to throw an inaccurate pass to god knows who. IM OFF THE BULGER BANDWAGON> DRAFT MC COY.
    I timed that play. Bulger was hit on his BLINDSIDE 1.9 seconds after the ball was snapped. He should have seen the blitz coming? Give me a break. Why do you think the most important player on the OL is the LT? Speaking of the most important player on the line, Pace completely missed his responsibility and chose to double team a pass rusher who was already blocked, allowing Abram Elam to go on a full speed free run at Bulger's BLINDSIDE.

  11. #11
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    i was a Bulger fan too, until last Sunday. The blindside hit was BULGER'S FAULT. He should have seen the Blitz coming and called it out. He did nothing because he doesn't know when the blitz is coming!!!!!!! The play was supposed to be a quick hit to the right but he decided to hold the ball a little longer. Enough blaming the Oline please. I have seen Bulger stand in the pocket for long periods of time just to throw an inaccurate pass to god knows who. IM OFF THE BULGER BANDWAGON> DRAFT MC COY.
    Stop it already. Bulger's fault? That is laughable, it was totally on Pace and your just blaming Bulger for the hell of it. Yeah every qb in the NFL would have already unloaded the ball in less than 1.9 seconds, come one man wake up. Did you even see the play the guy came to the line and then backed off and then as soon as it was snapped blitzed and as stated before Pace blocked a guy that was already blocked letting the db hammer Bulger from behind but it's Bulgers fault. I'm sure Colt Decoy would have thrown a td right, damn I'm so over the Bulger discussion it's rediculous.
    Just Fix It

  12. #12
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    I don't think anyone can claim that the fumble play was Bulger's fault, Orlando scanned the field, thought no one was coming, and helped back down inside. Truly a heartbreaking thing to watch as I love Pace, but he slipped on that one.

    I just believe that some QB's can deal with an inadequate offensive lines, others such as Bulger need more time. Sure the running game helps take the pressure off, but Shaun Hill and Jason Hill torched the cards on that last drive. I mean come on, they made plays Marc and Torry can only dream about making now- and they are not big time NFL players.

    And yes I will jump off Torry and the "MLB" Will Witherspoon's bandwagon. Heck I'm jumping off the entire team's band wagon. But to say Bulger is performing like he should be and is paying to be, is foolish. This team is in a downward spiral, and everyone is to blame. I'm just saying I certainly wont be defending Bulger anytime soon.

  13. #13
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I timed that play. Bulger was hit on his BLINDSIDE 1.9 seconds after the ball was snapped. He should have seen the blitz coming? Give me a break. Why do you think the most important player on the OL is the LT? Speaking of the most important player on the line, Pace completely missed his responsibility and chose to double team a pass rusher who was already blocked, allowing Abram Elam to go on a full speed free run at Bulger's BLINDSIDE.
    Haslett commented on this play in his press conference (the link was posted on ClanRam) and he stated emphatically that the blitzing safety was BULGER'S responsibility and not Pace's. If you disagree then take it up with the HC.

    WHAT SAY YE?

  14. #14
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,240
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Haslett commented on this play in his press conference (the link was posted on ClanRam) and he stated emphatically that the blitzing safety was BULGER'S responsibility and not Pace's. If you disagree then take it up with the HC.

    WHAT SAY YE?
    I would if I could because I do indeed strongly disagree with Haslett, as did Moose Johnston and Tony Siragusa during the game.

  15. #15
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Ex-Bulger Apologist

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Now what was the difference? Did they all of a sudden learn how to block? No, it was the QB change, Shaun Hill just wouldn't get sacked. He would scramble, shift, and quickly release the ball. Not just go down and give up on the play like Bulger seems to do when he feels pressure. I'm sorry, I just get worked up when I see bad QB's do better than a former Pro Bowler. And it sucks.
    Honest question - how much Rams football have you been watching this season? I've seen a number of instances where Bulger escapes initial pressure to try and keep the play alive. But sometimes that pressure is just too much for an average-at-best athlete to escape. I can refer you to in-game examples if you really want them, but this is something that Bulger does in fact do.

    Maybe people are just missing these plays because they're enveloped in the larger scope of things, which is primarily our poor overall play. I dunno. But they're there.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Perhaps no one was open. Of course, if he throws and it's picked off, then it's his fault for forcing it.
    Or perhaps the receiver did not make the adjustment and Bulger had no one to throw to. We've already read reports from at least one game where in an important game situation rookie receivers did not make hot read adjustments. It's likely not that unreasonable to think that it may have happened again and will continue to happen as the rookies learn their assignments.

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Speaking of the most important player on the line, Pace completely missed his responsibility and chose to double team a pass rusher who was already blocked, allowing Abram Elam to go on a full speed free run at Bulger's BLINDSIDE.
    If I remember correctly, offensive linemen on the edge are generally taught that if you have two defenders coming, you block the inside guy because the outside guy has a longer path to the passer. As you describe it though, the person Pace elected to block was already matched up with someone. So yeah, it definitely sounds as if Pace should have kicked out to at least impede the blitzing defender's progress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. Bulger Back to Basics
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
  3. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
  4. Bulger Headed for Big Year
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
  5. Bulger Healthy, Happy with New Staff
    By .ramfan. in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -02-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •