moklerman is offline Registered User

Ex-Ram comments on Martz

I got this from the PD board. I didn't hear the show myself so take it with a grain of salt, I can't attest to it's accuracy.

Interviewed by Randy Karraker and John Hadley on KTRS, former Rams QB Kurt Warner was asked about all of the criticism directed at Rams coach Mike Martz. "It's amazing how fickle people are," Warner said. "I obviously saw it in my career. You can be on top, but it doesn't take but two or three games, one season, for people to forget everything that you've accomplished, everything that you've done. All of a sudden, you're completely weighed on one season or one stretch of a season. I just think it's so unfair. . . . you look at coach Martz. Just look at his success over the period of time that he's been there. Don't look at this year. Don't look at a couple of stretches this year or a couple of teams that they lost to. Look at the success over the long haul. Understand that this business is tough, and sometimes you have to fight and scratch just to get to .500."

Warner continued: "I just think that people are too quick to jump off the bandwagon when things go awry for just a short period of time. When everything is great, you're the greatest, you're the best. But when things go awry, they think the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm one to tell you, that's not the case. Just because this guy is in place or the team is still in place, they say 'we can put in any other coach and we can win a championship.' That's not the way it works. I would caution people against doing that. The Rams could run the table here. They could wind up in an NFC Championship game. Then what's everybody going to say? Then how good of a coach is he? Is he the coach that only got an 8-8 record, or is he the coach that took an 8-8 team to the NFC Championship? I'd just hate to see people jump to conclusions too quickly."

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: Ex-Ram comments on Martz

Those are some pretty classy comments to make...especially when you consider that Martz has been taking not-so-subtle shots at Warner all season long.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Warner:"The Rams could run the table here. They could wind up in an NFC Championship game. Then what's everybody going to say?"

I hope KW's comments ring true tonite in ATL!

Great post Mok!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

RamTime Guest

with all due respect to warner, martz and mokleman. What the hell do you expexct him to say. Remember this is Kurt Warner not Randy Moss

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Those are some pretty classy comments to make...
    Agreed...it's nice to see he doesn't seem to be holding a grudge. He is truly a fine person.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Not just nice comments by Warner, but true ones.

thoey is offline Registered User

The man has always been class. You expect anything less?

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    with all due respect to warner, martz and mokleman. What the hell do you expexct him to say. Remember this is Kurt Warner not Randy Moss
    Nope... Just as I expect he would. Now, if more people were like that...
    This space for rent...

I can just see ths turning into the biggest thread on the forum, surpassing all other Warner threads LOL

I would expect nothing else from Warner in his coments.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I'm not saying I'd expect any less from Warner....just that it's refreshing to see these comments in light of the ones Martz has been making all season long.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Martz has been doing the same. He is making sure that the RAM QB we have now does not get put down.

Or would you rather Martz stood up and waffled on about Warner being better than Bulger, during the season ............ I dont think so.

I am comfortable with both Warner and Martz. Both are saying the right thing.

Now lets get back to Ram Ball