HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

From executive candidate to unemployed

A couple of weeks ago, Jim Thomas wrote an article discussing the FO and the search for a Pro Personnel Director and the very existence of a PP dept. He ended his article with this statement... Shaw said. "I think now there's kind of a belief that we should have a more traditional setup where there is a director of pro personnel. And it's more clearly defined."

If that's the case, Shaw seems more inclined to go outside the department for a pro personnel director. Then again, the Rams have several veteran scouts who are highly regarded around the league and could be candidates, including Dick Daniels, Tom Marino and Dave Razzano.Granted, Thomas was saying that Marino and Razzano "could be candidates", but what has happened that these two "highly regarded" scouts go from executive candidate to fired?

I hope the FO knows what they're doing, cause this just doesn't seem logical to me.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: From executive candidate to unemployed

Maybe they were never really candidates and that was just Thomas' speculation.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: From executive candidate to unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Maybe they were never really candidates and that was just Thomas' speculation.
    Yea, that is very possible. It does appear to be JT's speculation. I guess my point is how do two guys who appear to be at the top of the Ram's scouting department...at least high enough to be singled out by Thomas....wind up getting fired during the hunt for a PPD?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod