Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: explain this

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: explain this

i could be wrong but, i thiught that they played ,i believe it was a preseason game with these uni's and i thought it was against like The Cards,Chargers, some one out west. If i'm wrong i repent! But , it wasn't a Nationally televised game if not mistaken. Satelite feed.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I still prefer the original blue and gold colors they wore prior to and in the 99 Superbowl. One thing with the old colors: our guys were never confused with the opponents...

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

i could be wrong but, i thiught that they played ,i believe it was a preseason game with these uni's and i thought it was against like The Cards,Chargers, some one out west. If i'm wrong i repent! But , it wasn't a Nationally televised game if not mistaken. Satelite feed.
    Those were the pants worn in the pictures I posted, not on the clock. The clock pictures are a photoshop job.

Blue uniform pants weren't exactly gold in the Rams' opener
    By JIM THOMAS Post-Dispatch
    For the first time since their uniform redesign following the 1999 season, the Rams came out in blue pants Sunday against the New York Giants. Except for a preseason game in San Diego in the 2001 - when the team wore white pants - the Rams have always gone with gold trousers.

Coach Mike Martz wasn't quizzed about the fashion change until Friday, and expressed (mock) surprise that the question didn't come up earlier in the week.

"I thought that would be the most important topic," Martz said.

Well, there have been a couple of other issues swirling around the team lately.

"Our owner (Georgia Frontiere) had suggested blue pants, and I thought it was a good idea," Martz said. "I kind of liked them. I don't think they had anything to do with our performance."

Martz said the blue pants might return later in the year, just not at home, where the Rams always wear blue jerseys.

"All blue? Grape's not in this year," Martz said.

Among the players, the blue pants met with mixed reviews.

"I'm not a big fan of the blue pants, but I think it's because I'm not the most slender guy," said 310-pound offensive guard Adam Timmerman.

On the other hand, wide receiver Isaac Bruce gave the blue pants two thumbs-up.

"They're cool," Bruce said. "I like the stripes on them."

Did a little quick Photoshop work to give a glimpse of how the blue on blue would look.

Didn't turn out as good as I would've liked but you get the idea. I must say, the blue on blue combo is not as bad as I had originally imagined.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Did a little quick Photoshop work to give a glimpse of how the blue on blue would look.

Didn't turn out as good as I would've liked but you get the idea. I must say, the blue on blue combo is not as bad as I had originally imagined.
    There you go, Zig, come on around to my way of thinking. The blue on blue is sharp!
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I think the all-blue would be sharp. I've just always liked the dark solid colors
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmerman
    "I'm not a big fan of the blue pants, but I think it's because I'm not the most slender guy," said 310-pound offensive guard Adam Timmerman.
    But dark colors are slimming big guy..give'em a shot. :redface:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that the Rams wore white pants during a pre-season road trip to San Diego several years ago. Had the white pants & the blue jersey deal going on.

Personally, I liked em'....think this team needs to change it up from time to time.

I'd love to see them go back to the blue & white days....Loved those uniforms.

Anyhoo...Go Rams!

OK....I'm stupid....I see that ZZRam already covered the San Diego game....My bad.
    Last edited by AlabamaRam; -05-05-2005 at 10:27 AM.

We forgive you Bama. Welcome to the Clan. Don't be a stranger.

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

Appreciate the welcome. Go Rams!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaRam
    Appreciate the welcome. Go Rams!
    Ditto to that, Bama. Welcome aboard.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Hey Zig.How about doing a photoshop job with the uniforms being blue and white but with the present design scheme,now I think that would be the slickest yet.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12