Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Explain this to me, please

How is it that we've given up zero sacks in the 1st half, have two receivers many feel have great futures in this league, have a perennial 1000 yard receiver and have a sum total of 17 yards passing at halftime? I never thought I'd see the day when the Rams passing attack is virtually non-existant.

Oh, that's right- we're not supposed to be negative toward Bulger. It's unwarranted and unfair. My bad.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Explain this to me, please

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    How is it that we've given up zero sacks in the 1st half, have two receivers many feel have great futures in this league, have a perennial 1000 yard receiver and have a sum total of 17 yards passing at halftime? I never thought I'd see the day when the Rams passing attack is virtually non-existant.

Oh, that's right- we're not supposed to be negative toward Bulger. It's unwarranted and unfair. My bad.
    Bulger hasn't thrown that many incompletions. May I suggest you focus your wrath and ire on one Al "aggression, what's that?" Saunders.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

You are 100% correct, we don't have a #1 WR, and the rookies struggle run routes correctly & fail to make the correct blitz reads at the line of scrimmage. Not to mention it seems that we let go of our best WR (Issac Bruce) and for reasons unknown to me also allowed another WR to walk to Philly and picked up Drew Bennett a player that is older and to that point hand 1....ONE great season. Again our front office/Personel moves are the worse.
    And I"m not even gonna comment on the TE position. Have a blessed day all!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We need a starting wide receiver. Why did we release Bruce?!??!?!?!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

It's amazing that our offense isn't more prolific considering that Dane Looker seems to be the focal point.

general counsel is offline Registered User

We had no sacks in the first half in large part because we never tried to throw the ball down the field. Thats not on bulger. He is not calling the plays.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We need a starting wide receiver. Why did we release Bruce?!??!?!?!
    I would hate to punish Bruce by keeping him with this bunch of losers. I am gald we set Isacc free SF at least has 5 wins and Isacc gets to play with Martz again. Good for Isacc he don't deserve to be put on a team that loses nearly every game by three scores.

ramfan247 is offline Registered User

Honestly, it seems like Bulger isn't on the same page as his receivers. He throws way too quick or overthrows them. By this point in the season shouldn't he be throwing perfect passes??? I really think that his confidence is down so much that he can't do anything right.

Keenum is offline Registered User

-5 and 2 yard passes without blocking usually result in low passing numbers. The thing is, whenever Bulger tries to go to middle routes, it's ugly, and we don't throw too deep much at all.
    When he throws behind the line: 83.3% completion, 87.4 rating, no TDs or INTs.
    When he throws the ball 1-10 yards: 61.1%, 73.7 rating, 2 TDs 1 INT.
    11-20 yards: 40%, 49.9 rating, 1 TD, 3 INTs
    (this is really bad) 21-30 yards: 25% (4 of 16), 19.3 rating, 0 TD, 4 INTs.
    But then it does get better
    31-40 yards: 15.4% (2 of 13), 70.2 rating, 2 TDs 1 INT
    41+ yards: 40% (4 of 10), 87.5 rating, 2 TDs 2 INTs

So 264 passes are less than 20 yards, and only 39 are more than 20. I don't know the average for most teams, but it does seem low to me, especially with how many times we've been behind most of the year. Maybe it's Bulger checking down a lot? I dont' know. Just some numbers for you guys to chew on.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Ramsfan247, the fact that bulger is not on the same page with the receivers is NOT the same thing as saying he is overthrowing them or missing them. I am 99.9% convinced that bulger has the same accuracy on those open routes that he always has. You dont see those issues very often between bulger and holt (when we throw to holt). When bulger has time, he is still very very accurate as he has always been.

What we are seeing is the impact of putting rookie receivers into the game after years and years of watching HOF caliber route runners Bruce and Holt. The rookies cant make the adjustments and are not going to be in the right place all the time. There is just no way on gods green earth that bulger is missing open receivers that badly after years of throwing perfect timing patterns. We as fans take for granted how easy it has looked over the years, but its not as simple as throw it to the guy when he is open.

Fact is we need thousands of reps with bulger and the kids. Do you notice the expression on bulgers face after those misses. He is pointing at avery time and again.

The 3rd down play early in the game today was classic. Bulger made the perfect hot read and practically hit avery in the head when he was open for the first down and avery never even turned and looked for the ball. That is NOT on bulger, its on the receiver.

Bottom Line. Its the qb that looks bad and thats who people blame, but in our case, many many times, its the receiver that is in the wrong place. This had nothing to do with bulgers accuracy or confidence when he has time to throw. Its about the experience of the receivers and the difficulty of precise route running in the nfl

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    -5 and 2 yard passes without blocking usually result in low passing numbers. The thing is, whenever Bulger tries to go to middle routes, it's ugly, and we don't throw too deep much at all.
    When he throws behind the line: 83.3% completion, 87.4 rating, no TDs or INTs.
    When he throws the ball 1-10 yards: 61.1%, 73.7 rating, 2 TDs 1 INT.
    11-20 yards: 40%, 49.9 rating, 1 TD, 3 INTs
    (this is really bad) 21-30 yards: 25% (4 of 16), 19.3 rating, 0 TD, 4 INTs.
    But then it does get better
    31-40 yards: 15.4% (2 of 13), 70.2 rating, 2 TDs 1 INT
    41+ yards: 40% (4 of 10), 87.5 rating, 2 TDs 2 INTs

So 264 passes are less than 20 yards, and only 39 are more than 20. I don't know the average for most teams, but it does seem low to me, especially with how many times we've been behind most of the year. Maybe it's Bulger checking down a lot? I dont' know. Just some numbers for you guys to chew on.
    Impossible! Bulger is not a good enough QB to check down!!!!1111one

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    What we are seeing is the impact of putting rookie receivers into the game after years and years of watching HOF caliber route runners Bruce and Holt. The rookies cant make the adjustments and are not going to be in the right place all the time.There is just no way on gods green earth that bulger is missing open receivers that badly after years of throwing perfect timing patterns. We as fans take for granted how easy it has looked over the years, but its not as simple as throw it to the guy when he is open.

Fact is we need thousands of reps with bulger and the kids. Do you notice the expression on bulgers face after those misses. He is pointing at avery time and again.
    Couldn't have said it any better ...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Letting Issac Bruce go was a huge mistake. We are seeing it more and more each game. Ike was the guy that Bulger could count on. Ike was Bulger's security blanket if you will. When everyone was covered Bulger didn't have to see where Ike was he knew and could just throw to that spot on the field.
    Bulger and the rookie receivers are missing that timing and chemistry. Also Bulger I'm sure has lost the trust in the kids.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Letting Issac Bruce go was a huge mistake. We are seeing it more and more each game. Ike was the guy that Bulger could count on. Ike was Bulger's security blanket if you will. When everyone was covered Bulger didn't have to see where Ike was he knew and could just throw to that spot on the field.
    Bulger and the rookie receivers are missing that timing and chemistry. Also Bulger I'm sure has lost the trust in the kids.
    You know I would like to save everyone some valuable time in their lives and propose that Dez create "drop down" boxes for our posts. We could start with these and save people plenty of time:

Marc Bulger is ______.
    Drafting _______was the biggest mistake!
    Trading ______ was the biggest mistake!
    Not signing ______ was the big the worst thing ever!
    Signing ______ was the worst thing ever!
    We should ______ now, or I am changing teams!
    Al Saunders is ______!

and my personal favorite, Chip should _____ now!!

Is the draft on yet?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Ramsfan247, the fact that bulger is not on the same page with the receivers is NOT the same thing as saying he is overthrowing them or missing them. I am 99.9% convinced that bulger has the same accuracy on those open routes that he always has. You dont see those issues very often between bulger and holt (when we throw to holt). When bulger has time, he is still very very accurate as he has always been.

What we are seeing is the impact of putting rookie receivers into the game after years and years of watching HOF caliber route runners Bruce and Holt. The rookies cant make the adjustments and are not going to be in the right place all the time. There is just no way on gods green earth that bulger is missing open receivers that badly after years of throwing perfect timing patterns. We as fans take for granted how easy it has looked over the years, but its not as simple as throw it to the guy when he is open.

The 3rd down play early in the game today was classic. Bulger made the perfect hot read and practically hit avery in the head when he was open for the first down and avery never even turned and looked for the ball. That is NOT on bulger, its on the receiver.

Bottom Line. Its the qb that looks bad and thats who people blame, but in our case, many many times, its the receiver that is in the wrong place. This had nothing to do with bulgers accuracy or confidence when he has time to throw. Its about the experience of the receivers and the difficulty of precise route running in the nfl

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC - I don't have all the numbers & statistics that you or others come up with for these dissertations that I read, but I have to interject on your hypothesis.

Why have the Whiners 'no name' QB done better? He doesn't have thousands of snaps with his receivers. They have 5 wins and beat The NY Bretts yesterday.

What's his name Flacco, the QB, is in his rookie year and maturing well. He doesn't have thousands of reps with his receivers & OL.

Redskins' QB, Campbell, had a string of 2XX, passes without an interception and now he has thrown a few.

Just a few examples of new QBs without the experience in the NFL as Bulger, who are putting their heart into their job.

I'm not a racist, bigot, or chicken-little; I see that all of the players have flaws and have made mistakes, but my biggest issue is that I don't see any leadership from Marc Bulger. I am biased that the QB should be the man with the plan on the Offensive side of the ball and in the clubhouse/lockerroom. The QB executes what the Offensive Coordinator puts forth. His eyes and ears are on the field and should make the in-battle decisions on how to most effectively accomplish the goal/mission. Bulger appears to be in the fog-of-war every time. Other than Ray Lewis, (in my opinion) the QB is the leader of every NFL team. Why can't he have 2-3 plays already setup to choose from during a series and speed up the action instead of dragging his signal-calling to the point that I get a false-start sitting on my couch.

It really hurts to read the posts from people in denial about how badly Bulger is as a QB of this tenure.

I heard that Gus Frerotte is a starting QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast