Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Extraordinarily Frustrating

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Re: Extraordinarily Frustrating

I got up at 2:30am to see the game. And damn did I scream much at the television!

Good thing that my wife and children where sleeping in the other end of the house......

I can't remember the last time I saw a time beat it self as much as the Rams did yesterday! We had them on D and we could easily move the ball to the 20 yard line. And we stopped them on third downs all the time.

But the redzone offence was none existing and the turnovers really hurt.

Some of the blame has to go to Salas even if he is still a rookie. But what really pissed me was when Williams did not hustle for the lateral pass. He should know the rules!

But at least we have a real QB who also is getting plays where he can go deeper with the ball and I like what I see on defense. Mitchell was great and the linebackers and D-line played very well also. And DX showed some of what we have all been hoping for!

The rest of the NFC also lost this weekend so we are still in the hunt!

Go Rams!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan View Post
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. • The red zone continued to be the dead zone for the Rams, costing them valuable points for the second week in a row. In a 12-point loss Monday night to the New York Giants, the Rams left 12 points on the field by settling for field goals instead of touchdowns.

Three times St. Louis advanced inside the Giants 20 in the first 2 quarters - actually it was three times inside the New York 10. And all three times, the Rams settled for field goals instead of much-needed touchdowns in a 28-16 loss.

"We just didn't finish it," coach Steve Spagnuolo said. "I don't have an explanation for you. I'd have to look at each one. But there's some important things in this game: third down's really important; red zone's really important. And I don't know how we did on third down, but we didn't play well in the red zone."
    Well Spags, I suggest you look into it. You are the head coach not just the defensive coach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Anybody else mystified as to why Spags would punt on 4th &7 with only six or so minutes left, down by two scores vs a team that does nothing so well as grind out the clock?
    This is probably my biggest pet peeve about Spags as a head coach. Trailing by more than one TD late in the game, he'll punt the ball or kick a field goal when anyone watching can see that he might as well be throwing in the towel by doing so. The goal is to win, not lose by a respectable margin.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Bradford excluded, I just don't think the younger guys can handle the pressure of the big game spotlight.
    I hope you are only talking about on the offensive side, because Chris Long and especially James Laurinaitis were fantastic. Also, Robert Quinn came up big in limited playing time with his first sack.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Dear Roger Goodell,

How the hell can the two Giants players get away with faking that they hurt their vaginas to slow-up the Rams driving the ball on them?

Sincerely,
    Pissed Rams Fan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LoyalTexasRam is offline Registered User

How salas sees the field before danario is mind boggling

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Remind me, where's Pettis again? Is he injured?

Also, I think they're trying to be safe with DX. Someone in the chatroom brought up a great point: He doesn't have the strength in his knees to be running crisp routes to be a #1 receiver. All he can do at this point are run Go routes. I don't know how true that is, but it makes sense. Regardless, it'd be nice to see that, considering he was doing well, to get him more involved.

Is anyone else concerned for Bradford besides me?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

macrammer is offline Registered User

The fake injury thing was just completely bush league. But, inexplicably, Rams did not really go back to no huddle after that?? There should be a penalty of rthat type of thing. As for the rest of the comments and game, I still need a day or two to just let it set in. Do not have anything to really say positive about Rams players or coaches after laying egg on national TV.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Lets start from the TOP!
    Stan Kronke: You Sir, should make yourself seen and let be known what quality of product is presented before the World. The gabage we've seen the 1st two weeks of the season is a cancer that's plagued is team for long before you've arrived. Thought you sir would have the serum.
    How can you sleep at night, knowing your franchise is the laughing stock of the league, if not the world.
    Steven Jacksons come in here, he's not the answer
    Steven Spagnuolo come in, He's not the Answer.
    Sam Bradford, He's not the answer.
    Josh Mcdaniels, Nope!

Stan, you might as well take this heat now, The Rams can't wait another 10 years before real football can be appreiciated in St Louis. OR maybe 'Heaven can wait!"
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Remind me, where's Pettis again? Is he injured?

Also, I think they're trying to be safe with DX. Someone in the chatroom brought up a great point: He doesn't have the strength in his knees to be running crisp routes to be a #1 receiver. All he can do at this point are run Go routes. I don't know how true that is, but it makes sense. Regardless, it'd be nice to see that, considering he was doing well, to get him more involved.

Is anyone else concerned for Bradford besides me?
    Pettis is on the inactive list where he'll stay for the rest of the year. I predict he'll be brought back to TC next year and much like Gilyard will be cut at the last second.

Sadly enough as bad as Salas has looked he played TONS better than Pettis did in preseason. Just goes to show how lousy Pettis really is and why he is already a bust- even before he's mercifully cut.

WHAT SAY YE?

RAMK1NG is offline Registered User

Who else thinks Spags should use quin like he used tuck in NY

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    The goal is to win, not lose by a respectable margin.
    But that's not Rams football. Rams football is kick field goals no matter how close you are to the endzone, and always punt on 4th down no matter how bad you're losing.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

To me this game was lost because of the inexperience.? The Rams did some good things and for the most part looked the better team, but its no coincidence the Rams keep shooting themselves in the foot. We just never have that cohesion needed to consistently make plays, their is always a breakdown somewhere, especially in the red zone and at other key moments in games. Its not like were getting beat up or physically dominated, we are right on the cusp of being a good team.? I believe the team just needs to keep plugging away, and the hard work will pay off for us eventually.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-20-2011 at 02:35 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMK1NG View Post
    Who else thinks Spags should use quin like he used tuck in NY
    Quinn and Tuck are complete opposites. If anything, Spags should use Long like he used Tuck. Solid in the run stop, and applies pressure and gets sacks when the QB drops back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12