ramavenger is offline Registered User

Eyewitness report from Rams Scrimmage vs Bears

Post subject: Extra Extra...Eyewitness report from Rams Scrimmage vs Bears

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are out of order and just the eyewitness stuff. Doss will try to answer all the questions at his next time allowed on the net. AOL's circuits for dial up from his room are understandably busy......

From DOSSNIKKI
    on Saturday August 07, 2004 at 01:54 AM:

Morning practice Grossman/quinn vs Rams defense.(run and pass) play#1 Grossman-slant to the te caught-short gain Play#2 Grossman-incomplete pass Play#3 Grossman -pass completed but dropped by Booker. Play #4 Grossman- handoff to #20 Thomas jones stopped at line by rams defense. Play#5 Grossman- handoff to #44 Brock fordyce 5yards. Play#6 Quinn- LB's of rams(polley,faulk and newsom) stuff run by#37 Jason Mckie in the backfield.Kollar"nic e job guys thats the way" PLay#7 Quinn- handoff blowed up by dt brian howard in the backfield.Kollar is smileing Play#8 Quinn-Trap play big gain for #37 Mckie up the middle. Play#9 Grossman-Polley lowd pop on #20THomas JONES,polley leaves jones lying on the ground. Play#10 Grossman attemps a pass to Booker safety Justin lucas#41 steps in front and deflects the pass and almost intercepts. Play#11 Grossman- handoff to#44 Brock forsey. rams player#70 Kevin aldridge in backfield but lets tackle slipp through his hands. Play#12 Quinn- Rams Kevin Garrett Makes agreat play stepping infront of a Bears WR and trys to drop with the ball.Polley yells get up and he goes for a td with the ball and rams caravan of players. Final play of Scrimmage Fb#47 Bryan Johnson of the bears catches a td pass and slams the ball.Polley takes exception to his action and a scuffle starts between them too.Other Rams run to that field but Lovie and Kollar end it quickly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From DOSSNIKKI
    on Saturday August 07, 2004 at 01:24 AM:

Morning practice 11on 11 Bulger/chandler vs bears defense(passing attack) Bulger- Play#1-Mcdonald streaks through middle pass goes threw hishand(should have had it looking up field) Bulger- Play #2 Mcdonald catches pass in the flat streaks past bearsdb but gets the ball slapped out from behind recovered by the bears. Bulger-Play#3- Deep pass(50yards) behind the bears d-backs caught by furrey for td. Bulger-play#4-slant pass in the middle to Brian sump. Sump turns on the speed and eludes everyone on defense for a long td. Bulger play#6 INcomplete overthrown out of bounds. Bulger-Play#7- Looker clearly held by BearsDB#33 Tillman. Ball falls just infront of him incomplete. Bulger play#8-Looker catches pass in the middle gone for a td. Chandler-play#9- CHandler goes deep to curtis for a td.Curtis smokes the db opposite Tillman and safety. Chandler Play #10-NIce catch in the middle For MIke BRake TE. Brake comes out in the second practice not in pads. Chandler-Play#11- Furrey nice catch in the flat 15yards.

From DOSSNIKKI
    on Saturday August 07, 2004 at 12:58 AM:

Players i spoke with: Hargrove: "hey,how is the ankle and Knee,tony?" Hargrove "its fine,not really that bad i'm okay".I replied, "You had us worried,it sounded bad" Hargrove"i had myself worried on that one". Isaid "you know I've been Hyping you up to my buddies as the "new" man at DE the next comming great one" Hargrove,"Don't worry i won't let you down".I said"They say but you missed a year of school and maybe got drafted alittle high" hargrove "The Rams were lucky to stay with me and they and everyone will see it was worth it". Hargrove was working by himself in the afternoon running backwards on that ankle,cutting and shifting around on it.He was doing this alone off to the side with no coach.He won't be out long. Larry Turner "Thanks for the autograph,hope you get some playing time". Turner- "i'm getting over half the Reps at center now" i replied "Thats sounds good". Turner wasthe mainstay at center most of the afternoon Practice. Ryan pickett - " tell your buddy Kennedy were all thinking about him" Pickett, "I will,that was a tough break for him he wasn't hit just planted his foot wrong"."He broke the 5th metatorsal in his foot .Thats 6-8 weeks,and then he is not no little guy either".

From DOSSNIKKI
    on Saturday August 07, 2004 at 12:41 AM:

Aug 6th Friday "There are full grown bears in the Macomb woods" Players not in camp: Turley,Wohalabaugh(i didn't see him) and Kennedy. Players not in full pads1)Holt,bruce,Fis her,butler,Faulk(til l the afternoon) and Little.Martz's hold-outs 1) injured: Hargrove,Moran,Brake ,and cromartie. New players in camp G Chris Dishman #66.350+lbs but he can move his feet.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Re: Eyewitness report from Rams Scrimmage vs Bears

Wow, great report guys. Thank you.
    It was good to read that Bulgar was doin great! Let's hope that it continues. Also, the DL sounds like it stood up nicely.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Nice report. Things sound very up beat, aside from the injuries. I'm getting good vibes from this team. Lot's of quality depth.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Yodude is offline Registered User

Morning practice 11on 11 Bulger/chandler vs bears defense(passing attack) Bulger- Play#1-Mcdonald streaks through middle pass goes threw hishand(should have had it looking up field) Bulger- Play #2 Mcdonald catches pass in the flat streaks past bearsdb but gets the ball slapped out from behind recovered by the bears. Bulger-Play#3- Deep pass(50yards) behind the bears d-backs caught by furrey for td. Bulger-play#4-slant pass in the middle to Brian sump. Sump turns on the speed and eludes everyone on defense for a long td. Bulger play#6 INcomplete overthrown out of bounds. Bulger-Play#7- Looker clearly held by BearsDB#33 Tillman. Ball falls just infront of him incomplete. Bulger play#8-Looker catches pass in the middle gone for a td. Chandler-play#9- CHandler goes deep to curtis for a td.Curtis smokes the db opposite Tillman and safety. Chandler Play #10-NIce catch in the middle For MIke BRake TE. Brake comes out in the second practice not in pads. Chandler-Play#11- Furrey nice catch in the flat 15yards.
    Wow! This gets me excited. I know you can't tell much from a few written lines, but this makes it sound like Bulger's been working on his long ball and there has been some improvement. It sounds like our receivers are really flying. Damn, I can't wait to see them in action in their first televised pre-season game. Bring on the season already!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Thanks for the great report, ramavenger. The D was stuffing the run, the offense was ticking, and Hargrove sounds excited to prove the naysayers wrong. Preseason will be fun to watch.

JellyOpal is offline Registered User
    Macomb, IL home of Rams summer training camp

I was there, where were you? LOL just kidding. It was so crowded, it was half over before I could even find my own sister. Thanks for the play-by-play, I won't have to give my 2-cents worth.

I will note that I was disappointed in Michna, especially since he was playing in a stadium where he played in college. But now I see they've already signed Smoker so he never really had a shot. I hope Russ takes a page from Warner's notes and plays for Europe or Arena to keep up what skills he has and improve on the ones he doesn't so he can have another shot next year. I wasn't surprised by the lack of participation by key players. This is where we find out what the rookies and new recruits can do.

Ok, I'm a woman, I couldn't resist putting in my 2-cents worth after all.

P.S. I can vouch for the improvement in Bulger's long game. Nice to see after the performance in the quarterback challenge.
    Last edited by JellyOpal; -08-07-2004 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Wanted to make another comment