Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Okay then tell me who adarian was referring too?
    Um, it looks to me that Adarian is criticizing Warner for not spiking the ball.

    He said, "What this list is really missing is the inexcusable decision to not spike the ball with 20 - 25 seconds left to set up a well-reason play or two into the end zone."

    Where in his post is Adarian blaming Warner for moving???

    This is my point. People giving blame to Warner are doing so because he tried to orchestrate another play. They're not blaming him for the lineman's movement.


    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Okay i'll give you that but,itstill might not have made a difference at all He still might have jumped and then the game would have still been over! Also just like you below (How can you say this without any certainty? as you referred to me? I'm not sure on the time? as i mentioned ealier but, i do not believe that there was 29 secs left! Could be wrong but pretty sure that there was less time on the clock! And i dont believe that there were any timeouts left for Arizona!
    NFL.com's play by play shows that the play in which Warner was sacked started with 29 seconds left on the clock. According to this article, Warner hit the turf on the sack with 25 seconds on the clock. Unless the Cardinals would have required fifteen seconds to line up and snap the ball for a spike, then a false start wouldn't have hurt them. For the record, I don't think it would have taken fifteen seconds to line up and spike the ball, especially on such a short field.


    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Shouldn't the coach have an imput on this also?
    In this situation, I don't think so. You coach your team to run two-minute offenses for these situations. Think of how slow a two-minute offense would run if the QB constantly had to have the playcall relayed to him from the sideline, and then communicate it with the team. That's basically what happens on a regular offense.


    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    You've been just sacked you are in hurry up mode and you see your linemen and recievers still having a hard time getting set so why would you call for a snap at this point just to get a penalty for the same infraction that you are disagreeing with me here on!
    I don't think the lineman or receivers would have had any problems getting set had Warner just signaled/called for the spike. I believe it's because he was trying to orchestrate another play, giving out assignments and calls, that the players took longer to get set. If he had just signaled for the spike, everyone would have instantly known what to do, and there would have been no delay or confusion in getting into position.

    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  2. #17
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    You Guys Are Saying 327 Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss And A Bad Decision At The End Of The Game,does Anybody Remember Bulgers Throw Last Week To End The Game And His 350+ Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss Also,so Whats Your Point With Warner.

  3. #18
    talkstoangels61's Avatar
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    53
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Um, it looks to me that Adarian is criticizing Warner for not spiking the ball.
    Exactly!
    He said, "What this list is really missing is the inexcusable decision to not spike the ball with 20 - 25 seconds left to set up a well-reason play or two into the end zone."

    Where in his post is Adarian blaming Warner for moving???
    Never said that! I said for the loss as did the people on the airwaves!
    This is my point. People giving blame to Warner are doing so because he tried to orchestrate another play. They're not blaming him for the lineman's movement.


    He should have .He was trying to win and you cant blame him for the tackle moving not indirectly! He is competitive and i like that in a player!

    NFL.com's play by play shows that the play in which Warner was sacked started with 29 seconds left on the clock. According to this article, Warner hit the turf on the sack with 25 seconds on the clock. Unless the Cardinals would have required fifteen seconds to line up and snap the ball for a spike, then a false start wouldn't have hurt them. For the record, I don't think it would have taken fifteen seconds to line up and spike the ball, especially on such a short field.

    I thought that you said earlier that Warner had called for a spike and then?......the rest of the team didnt look ready to me.


    In this situation, I don't think so. You coach your team to run two-minute offenses for these situations. Think of how slow a two-minute offense would run if the QB constantly had to have the playcall relayed to him from the sideline, and then communicate it with the team. That's basically what happens on a regular offense.

    I thought the QB has a mic in his headset just for situations of this magnitude!


    I don't think the lineman or receivers would have had any problems getting set had Warner just signaled/called for the spike. I believe it's because he was trying to orchestrate another play, giving out assignments and calls, that the players took longer to get set. If he had just signaled for the spike, everyone would have instantly known what to do, and there would have been no delay or confusion in getting into position.
    Why not the Rams didnt have time to regroup either!......................Okay i'll end it at this

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,963
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    You Guys Are Saying 327 Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss And A Bad Decision At The End Of The Game,does Anybody Remember Bulgers Throw Last Week To End The Game And His 350+ Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss Also,so Whats Your Point With Warner.
    My point is Warner lost.

    Bulger won.

    Last week.

    Bulger lost

    Warner lost

    so chalk one up for Bulger LOL

    :clanram: :clanram: :clanram:


  5. #20
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    You Guys Are Saying 327 Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss And A Bad Decision At The End Of The Game,does Anybody Remember Bulgers Throw Last Week To End The Game And His 350+ Yds Passing And A Big Fat Loss Also,so Whats Your Point With Warner.
    Warner threw for 327 yards, true. But he also turned the ball over twice, fumbled three times, was sacked four times, and lost. Using his yardage, as it appears PTHOR is trying to do, to make some kind of judgement on Warner is overlooking the big picture - the yardage means nothing when you also turn the ball over, can't score, and lose.


    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Never said that! I said for the loss as did the people on the airwaves!
    These comments...

    "He wasnt the one that moved now was he?.......The Oline should have stayed put! Once again there are people blaming Warner for something the line did!"

    "Never the less KW didnt move on the play so why do people still ridicule this man?"

    ...make it out like you're saying we're faulting Warner for the lineman's movement. If I misunderstood, I apoligize.

    But if you're saying that it's wrong to fault only Warner for the loss today, then I generally agree with your point, though I don't think anyone is making that case. Warner takes a portion of the blame for things like turnovers and whatnot, but he wasn't the only reason the Cardinals lost, and probably not the biggest reason. The offensive line played atrociously, and basically self destructed later in the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    I thought that you said earlier that Warner had called for a spike and then?......the rest of the team didnt look ready to me.
    No, that's not what I said. Warner called for another play after he was sacked. That's why it took so long for the Cardinals to get to the line. Apparently it took 18 seconds from the sack to the next snap. It shouldn't take that long if he called for a spike.

    My point was I believe he should have called for the spike, but he didn't. But I'm not complaining, because we won.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  6. #21
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Nick Great Point, Big Yardage Passing Means Nothing If You Cant Score And Have Turnovers, The Same Thing That Happened To Bulger Last Week, Big Numbers Big L For The Rams, Does That Mean Bulgers Exit Is Necessary.no, None Of Us Think That And Thats Why I Dont Like The Warner Statement And Also Dez Could You Send Me A Dvd Of The Rams Super Bowl That Bulger Took Us To , Thats Right There Isnt One, Until Then I Think We Need To Back Off Warner.

  7. #22
    moklerman's Avatar
    moklerman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,597
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    I think the overall tone is pretty clear from a couple of you. Warner sucks because the Cardinals lost. Of course, that's the same old lack of perception that's been going on since the beginning of 2003.

    327 yards doesn't win the ballgame but 11 yards/completion, almost 8 yards/attempt, 69% completion with at least 3 drops by his receivers (2 of which could have been td's), the interception was a hair underthrown but was in stride with the receiver, the db just made a great one-handed interception. The red zone problems, in general, were all on the o-line.

    Every time the Card's were down near the goal line there would be holding or false start penalties and they basically didn't run too many plays from inside the 10. There was a mishandled snap that I thought was on Warner but the announcer said it was caused by the pulling guard.

    So, all in all, Warner played a decent/good game and this particular game doesn't prove anything. Other than that the Card's o-line is crap right now.

  8. #23
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    You'll notice this thread got started up again not by someone determined to bash Warner, but someone who - by my interpretation - was boasting about Warner's passing yards as if it meant something. Let's not make it out as if everyone was just waiting to jump on Warner in this thread.

    That said, I think Warner's game is much closer to decent than good. Turning the ball over two times and fumbling two other times while being unable to help your team score a single touchdown doesn't sound good to me, no matter how inflated his passing yards are or how much you'd like to blame the receivers for dropping two potential touchdown passes.

    I give Kurt credit for an excellent completion percentage and doing well when he had time, but as has been the case, when the pressure seemed to turn up, he didn't do so well, and continued to display problems with ball security. This was hardly a good display for Warner, and no, that's not just a "Warner sucks because the Cardinals lost" statement.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  9. #24
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    I was glad to see Warner play so well yesterday. When he had time he looked pretty good. Not GSOT good, but who does these days? That was a great play by Groce on the deep ball interception. Warner's pass on that play was just a little short but that was still a great play by Groce.

    Warner has no running game, so he's going to have to winwith death defying skill and he just dosen't have the weapons to do that with at Arizona. With weapons you can still include the O line as a weapon and the Cardinals are struggling bad there. Plus, Warner's lack of mobility behind an O line like that is going to be a detrimental factor in his Arizona career.

    Warner was behind he WR's on some key plays, especially in the second QTR. However, teams don't win on QB play only. The Cardinals didn't make the plays when it counted and the Rams did. Especially in the red zone.

  10. #25
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    327 YARDS PASSING,NO TD'S= AN OFFENSE THAT CAN MOVE BETWEEN THE 20'S.

    UNFORTUNATELY THE RAMS HAVE THE SAME DISEASE MOST OF THE TIME.

    WAY TO GO RAMS, TITANS WILL BE THE NEXT VICTIM !



  11. #26
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    What's scary to me about a lot of the comments in this thread is that a lot not all of the Warner supporters/fanatics seem to be rooting more for Warner to succeed rather than Bulger. In my opinion that makes you a Cardinals fan not a Rams fan.

    Yes at times Warner looked good and at times like fumbling two series in a row he looked bad. I could say the same for Bulger at times he was right on and other times he looked lost out there.

    Certain people seem to take offense to the smallest comments about Warner. He's on another team now its time to move on. Yes Warner threw for 327 yds but you cant stop his stat line there can you? If Bulger did what Warner did yesterday with fumbles and pics he would have been hammered for playing so badly. Of course this is all just my opinion but I'm sure someone was offened.

    There was a comment made that if Warner got another chance he would have beat us for sure. If we are going to assume stuff then I wil assume that if Martz challenged the play where Faulk was call out at like the 7 instead of getting the first down the Rams would have scored a td and would have been leading by 9 at the end of the game. The Rams stuffed the Cards every time in the red zone so to assume they would have sored a td is just crazy.
    Just Fix It

  12. #27
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Its Not That The Guys Dont Support Bulger, Speaking For Myself I Think Bulger Does A Great Job, But Some Of Us Dont Like The Warner Bashing,how Soon You Guys Forget What He Did For The Rams, Something Bulger Has Not Accomplished Yet, But I Believe He Will, And I Am Sure Some Genius Will Say "well Thats In The Past,move On" And Thats True But Respect Warner For What He Did When He Was Here.theres Different Forms Of Loyality,just Because He Plays For Another Team Doesnt Mean We Have To Hate Him.

  13. #28
    Tailgage-Mayor's Avatar
    Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    For what it's worth, ESPN radio reported that Green was making personell changes before the last play.

    Which made it impossible for Warner to get the Cardinals up on the line to spike the ball.

    Best of luck to Warner, except when he plays the RAMS !!!

  14. #29
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Stating the fact that Warner passed for 327 two fumbles and a int does not consist of Warner bashing. Because a lot of us are more loyal now to Bulger than we are to Warner doesnt mean we forgot what Warner did. I'm not in love with Warner but I do Love what he did for the Rams. I am a Rams fan first and always will be. Warner is on the Cardinals a division foe and I treat Warner that way. When he was a Ram I was a huge fan. Warner isnt the only guy from the Rams championship run on different teams. I have respect for all of them but whoever is playing their position now I repect more because this is my team and this is who I root for. I don't care what they do on other teams. I don't care whether they succeed or fail. They are on different teams so they are the enemy. I've seen this happen dating back to Dickerson and Henry Ellard. When they left I wasnt a big fan of them anymore.

    Also I don't bash Warner but I think Bulger gets a raw deal because everyone thinks he has to perform the way Warner did. That was a magical season with a better coach and better talent on both sides of the ball. Bulger is our QB and the Rams are my team and I support them 100%.
    Just Fix It

  15. #30
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Face it, folks: Warner's exit was necessary

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgage-Mayor
    For what it's worth, ESPN radio reported that Green was making personell changes before the last play.
    If that's the case, then the criticism should be directed straight at Green for trying to squeeze in the last play rather than have Warner spike it and then prepare for a play. I'll tune in to ESPN Radio today to see if I hear the same thing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •