Thread: Face mask

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Face mask

The refs missed two major face mask penalties against the jags.

McDonald received a major facmask on the final drive at the end of the first half during his 23 yard catch and run. The refs conveniently missed it but caught Baron for illegal hands to the face on the second play afterwards.

Jackson received a major facemask on the final drive of the second half during his 51 yard run. I guess at that point it did not matter?

Haterade is offline Registered User

Re: Face mask

Only reason to complain about bad calls when you win the game is because it prevented your team from covering the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade
    Only reason to complain about bad calls when you win the game is because it prevented your team from covering the spread.
    Or to continue to point out the consistent incompetence!!!

:tongue:

Isn't that the definition of a 'ref' though?

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade
    Isn't that the definition of a 'ref' though?
    No. They are supposedly there to supervise the play of the game according to the rules set forth.

Granted they are human and make mistakes like the rest of us, but when fans see things on a TV screen and the refs miss it while being right on the field it tends to lead a fan to call them incompetent, rather than insinuate that they are fixing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    No. They are supposedly there to supervise the play of the game according to the rules set forth.

Granted they are human and make mistakes like the rest of us, but when fans see things on a TV screen and the refs miss it while being right on the field it tends to lead a fan to call them incompetent, rather than insinuate that they are fixing games.
    I think you're taking my comments too far, I didn't mean to insinuate that the refs are fixing games for gambling sake.

I'm just saying that if the Rams win...I won't argue too much about the bad flags.

If I were a gambler and the Rams won even with bad flags, the only reason I'd be upset is if those flags prevented me from covering my bets...but I'm not a gambler and I was just trying to be cheeky.

Ok.

I did not mean that you were trying to insinuate, but rather, it is all "I" can do at times to not insinuate that they are fixing games for whatever reason.

Win or lose I will argue about non-calls, calls and inconsistencies from the refs.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Ok.

I did not mean that you were trying to insinuate, but rather, it is all "I" can do at times to not insinuate that they are fixing games for whatever reason.

Win or lose I will argue about non-calls, calls and inconsistencies from the refs.

BTW

It's my job to point out that the refs are fixing games.
    I have been kinda slacking in that because I am tired of fighting against those who can't stand the thought that this game can be rigged for any reason. My bet is the RAMS will face a whole lot less discrimination the day tagbut leaves the NFL (preferable dead).

Although, the last two games the officiating has been a WHOLE LOT better than before. Could it be they hate Martz' "arrogance" so much that they are giving us a more level playing field so the team has a reason to can him?

gap