throwback week

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Facts and the LA hype...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Facts and the LA hype...

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHasAnAxe View Post
    Leverage.....
    I understand that, but what good is leverage if everybody looks at it as just a ploy? For leverage to work, there has to be some chance it could happen, right? And it still seems odd to me that Kroenke is ignoring everybody, including the Governor.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I feel like I'm about to douse fire with a gallon of gasoline by posting this but oh well...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I feel like I'm about to douse fire with a gallon of gasoline by posting this but oh well...

Ohhhhhhh no you didn't

FestusRam is offline Registered User

My assessment of this argument, that has been in numerous threads, is this...

1. Fans loyal to St. Louis will search for any evidence to believe that the Rams are staying.
    2. Fans loyal to Los Angeles will search for any evidence to believe the Rams are coming.
    3. Fans loyal to neither don't really care.
    4. No one has the faintest idea what the Rams will do.

No clear occurrences have been made to support either belief. As of now, it's nothing more than speculation.

With that said, I'm just going to enjoy the Rams for now, and keep arguing about who we should draft.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Here's another fact The NFL was thoroughly apprised of it. An owner doesnít have to tell the NFL if, say, heís buying a house in L.A., or even land for a business. But if he has a stadium in mind, heís got to keep the league informed. Thatís what the Rams owner did when he made the purchase through the Kroenke Organization.
    Actually, I believe it is if an NFL owner buys a large enough piece of land that COULD hold a stadium, the NFL needs to be notified. Nowhere does it say a stadium must be planned.
    jjigga3000 likes this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    L.A. Coliseum and Rose Bowl, although L.A. Coliseum is not an ideal spot for an NFL team. It can hold 80k plus. Same with Rose Bowl.

My mention of race was based upon demographics and not race alone. Which is brought up when discussing the viability of any market when it comes to a sports team and it's surrounding market. Funny how people get squeamish when you mention any race, and can't talk about race comfortably in a Sports setting. People exist as different races and this particular case, rase would be relevant. Gentrification is also relevant, this is a dirty secret that goes on when land developers are considering building a new stadium. They want to raise the property value of the surrounding areas, which is what happened around staples center. State Taxes in California are only 13% my friend, and Magic and his consortium of partners just brought the Dodgers for 2 bio, Kreonke would definitely pay it in that Market because of the the amount of money to be made. The Rams aren't the Lakers, but winning consistently over a few years and an appearance in a Super Bowl could fix that. The Lakers signed a Billion dollar T.V. contract.

Lastly although I'm from L.A. I don't care where the Rams live. I'm a Rams fan, and I live in Dallas now. I've supported this team since I've been a kid, and I'll support them if they moved to London doesn't matter. The fact is and will always be L.A. makes the most since for the Rams being they are in the NFC WEST and are based in the Midwest and have to travel over 1000 miles to play any of the teams in their division and vice versa. With that being said because of the internet this is more of a global community so it really doesn't matter. But if I were a betting man I would bet within the next two years Rams are in L.A.
    I asked for not just the names of the venues, but also for proof of approval. You see, just because you have something doesn't do you any good if you can't use it. Second, "ONLY" 13%? Perhaps you should check out the corporate tax rates, as well as local and federal taxes - it adds up to over 60% for revenue of over $1 million. If you want to get bare bones, Missouri's tax rate is only 6%...less than HALF of what CA collects.

Perhaps you should read the NFL rules that must be followed before a team can move. It will take longer than two years. If the Rams do move - which is a possibility I NEVER denied - it will not happen for at least four years, due to the massive number of hurdles that are blocking such a move.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

First, there will be an NFL team in LA. The league has stated it.

Second, Stan is on the NFL Stadium commission. It stands to reason he would want to capitalize on that opportunity.

Third, I don't believe there are more LA fans than there are ST. L fans, but more like the same number.

Fourth, Does not the Raiders claim to own the LA market?

Fifth, The Jaguars are in more trouble than The Rams. It stands to reason they would move to LA first. especially if a stadium is built there and ready for them.

Of course Stan is using this as leverage to get what he wants in ST. Louis, but I would not be surprised if The Rams move.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Leverage does not exist if you have no intention of staying regardless of what they give you. And of course the only one who can comment on his intentions is Stan himself.
    jjigga3000 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

State Taxes in California are only 13%
    With the passage of Prop 30 in 2011 (I think it was 2011), the top tax rate is 13.3%, to be exact, on everything over a million dollars. That moved California above Hawaii (11%) for the highest state tax rate in the nation.

Sorry; I'm kind of a tax law junkie.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Actually, I believe it is if an NFL owner buys a large enough piece of land that COULD hold a stadium, the NFL needs to be notified. Nowhere does it say a stadium must be planned.
    Okay you just pulled that one from thin air. Fact is Stan Kreonke has land in several states large enough to hold a stadium he's in real estate. Try again RAMFANSTAN nice try. He has no obligation to notify the league unless he has plans in the future to make a move, which would fall in line with them being able to break the lease after this coming season. Now whether or not that actually happens is a different story all together but those are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    With the passage of Prop 30 in 2011 (I think it was 2011), the top tax rate is 13.3%, to be exact, on everything over a million dollars. That moved California above Hawaii (11%) for the highest state tax rate in the nation.

Sorry; I'm kind of a tax law junkie.
    Okay so I was off by .3 percent. I lived in Cali so I'm aware of the taxes LOL I had a 50k tax bill a couple of times LOL

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Why would the Rams move to Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I asked for not just the names of the venues, but also for proof of approval. You see, just because you have something doesn't do you any good if you can't use it. Second, "ONLY" 13%? Perhaps you should check out the corporate tax rates, as well as local and federal taxes - it adds up to over 60% for revenue of over $1 million. If you want to get bare bones, Missouri's tax rate is only 6%...less than HALF of what CA collects.

Perhaps you should read the NFL rules that must be followed before a team can move. It will take longer than two years. If the Rams do move - which is a possibility I NEVER denied - it will not happen for at least four years, due to the massive number of hurdles that are blocking such a move.
    13.3% to be exact ask our fellow Tax Junkie HUbison. Second I lived in L.A. all my life until I moved 3 years ago to Texas. I have full knowledge and I'm aware of the tax code. It's not 60%, if that were the case Federal Taxes is roughly 35% which leaves 65 % if you take 60% of that that leaves you with less than 30% of take him income which means someone making 1 mil only takes home 300k LOL. People making that kind of money don't keep there money in one place it's divided among many cooperations under the umbrella of 1 governing corporation, but that's another subject. Fact is your facts concerning the taxes are incorrect. Yes it's cheaper to own a team in ST Lou. However the opportunities to make bigger business ventures for said team are also less.

Los Angeles is home to 6 major Sports teams, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Kings, and Ducks, Not to mention the new AFL L.A. Kiss. There are so many ways to cross promote and so many business ventures with that many teams. St Lou only has the Cards, and it's also a smaller market. L.A. makes much more since for an owner such as Kreonke. Again whether or not it happens only Kreonke knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Why would the Rams move to Louisiana?
    I Know huh?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Stan Kroenke is NOT a fit for California
    Uh, didn't he try buying the Dodgers?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast