Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Facts and the LA hype...

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: Facts and the LA hype...

A corporate tax rate of over 60% in California, Now I know why we are all broke!!!!
    Sam that is just plain funny, really over 60% & you believe this. Come on, we wouldn't have a single corporation here if that was the case.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    A corporate tax rate of over 60% in California, Now I know why we are all broke!!!!
    Sam that is just plain funny, really over 60% & you believe this. Come on, we wouldn't have a single corporation here if that was the case.
    I have no clue what the tax rate for businesses is in CA, but I do know that any business that is profitable and viable finds ways not pay tax-- period.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Man nothing makes me feel more unwelcome as a fan than reading threads like this one where living in St.Louis and supporting the Rams is practically turned into a crime.

No one knows, but I suspect they stay because moving is more difficult and frankly, if he wanted to move the team I doubt he'd bother teasing St.Louis with staying. What I do know is it's going to suck if they move because I won't be able to go to games anymore and I doubt the NFL will let St.Louis have a team again...which means Missouri residents would be stuck with Kansas City (bleh) going into the future and IL residents would be forced to choose between KC, Chicago (yeah, like that'll happen) and Indiana. I'll still have the Rams, but the options for everyone else moving forward would be pretty terrible.

Choosing between those teams isn't like choosing between the *****, Chargers and Raiders. Southern IL hates Chicago, Kansas City is five + hours away and the Colts are close to that as well. St.Louis has similar feelings toward Chicago but for different reasons (sports as opposed to having everything ruined by them, although the Historian in me wants to point out that Chicago is the reason St.Louis never grew to be larger because they took all the trains away).

As for the Rams, if they move I will be quite pissed because I will feel played, I think a lot of other fans will feel the same way. If that's enough to divorce from the team for some people or not I don't know, but feeling played and having it happen twice, tends to make people exceptionally pissed.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenwing
    Man nothing makes me feel more unwelcome as a fan than reading threads like this one where living in St.Louis and supporting the Rams is practically turned into a crime.
    Broken, I wouldn't sweat it. They're not going anywhere. Discussions like this are always, um, "interesting", but ultimately the Rams are not moving.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I have no clue what the tax rate for businesses is in CA, but I do know that any business that is profitable and viable finds ways not pay tax-- period.
    California corporate tax rate is 8.84%. And the income that does reach Stan's pocket in CA would be taxed at a rate of 52.8% (39.6% fed + 13.3% state).

Sucks to be rich.
    RamsFanSam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mh-i is offline Registered User

Two NFL stadium complexes have already been proposed over the last 3 years or so and one has been OK'd in the LA area. BTW, the LA area means abouts 50 miles in any direction in reality. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim aren't even in LA County and play in the same stadium the Rams did when they left so it's definitely not the Los Angeles homer thing the original poster mentioned. The Rams were the LA Rams for 45+ years so it's not like there's not a built in fan base for them even if they have been gone for 20 years.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If I lived in St. Louis I would want answers form the people that negotiated the lease. I read the Georgia Frontiere let the CVC slide on some of the upgrades during some years. I wonder why they did not approach her to restructure the lease. The stadiums that where being built did not happen over night. Seems to me they had plenty of time to see the lease was going be impossible to maintain once the completion of all the new stadiums where completed.

The best move would have been to extend the lease and give her a reduced price to lease it and or parking, whatever it took to remove the top tier clause altogether.

The state and county are still on the hook for:
    The state still owes $64 million on its bonds; St. Louis County owes $32 million. Repayment concludes in 2021.
    Does anyone that lives there think the tax payers will want another bill to build a stadium? I only ask because I don't live there. If they don't want to help pay for it can they discount the land to make a deal? Since there have been no negotiations what will it take on both side to get it done? We all know Stan is flush with cash but he will not want to pay for it all on his own, the NFL will kick in a good chunk to help but will that be enough?

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I laugh at the ones who make definitive statements that the Rams won't move from St Louis. L.A. fans thought the same thing. Funny they way I found out the Rams were moving was from Jerome Bettis in a club in L.A. Man the look on his face was WTH, I was like noway , he was like yeah man, Georgia is crazy, for leaving Cali.

If the Rams left Cali, they could definitely leave St Louis. There really is no comparison cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Much more cash flow streams available and endorsement opportunities for the team and players. Not to mention you would have the ability to lure free agents you normally wouldn't being in a number 2 market.

Again my responses are not saying the Rams are moving, again I could care less I'll support them wherever they are. But for St Louis Fans to act like they have the the market hold on the Rams is ludicrous at best. There is a huge Rams fan base in L.A. huge. So instead of saying the likelihood of the Rams leaving is nil. St Louis Fans better start showing more interest and showing up to games, being more than 60% of the attendance. Putting Football over Baseball during Football season. That's how you get the Rams to stay, show them you want them there stop being indifferent.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I have full knowledge and I'm aware of the tax code. It's not 60%, if that were the case Federal Taxes is roughly 35% which leaves 65 % if you take 60% of that that leaves you with less than 30% of take him income which means someone making 1 mil only takes home 300k
    I don't want to speak for the guy, but I think he was adding all the taxes together to get to that figure. fed, state, local. Running a business in Cali is expensive, plain and simple. Moved our family and business out of the state for that very reason combined with the cost of living.
    LA Rammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    I don't want to speak for the guy, but I think he was adding all the taxes together to get to that figure. fed, state, local. Running a business in Cali is expensive, plain and simple. Moved our family and business out of the state for that very reason combined with the cost of living.
    As did I, but even then he's wrong, he stated over 60% even if you add it together it's only 52%, and there are many write offs.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Why would the Rams move to Louisiana?
    louisiana = one word ??
    Los Angeles = two words, hence LA >>>> see dodger hats
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

I laugh at the ones who make definitive statements that the Rams won't move from St Louis
    Super. I'm glad I could brighten your day.

And they're still not leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Super. I'm glad I could brighten your day.

And they're still not leaving.
    hmm let's put a lil wager down. We'll leave a 3 year open window. If they move within that time you put on your avitar what I wish and the same for me if they don't. Understand that even they don't move within that window they will be moving.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    St Lou only has the Cards
    Don't forget the Blues. They're very popular around here.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Don't forget the Blues. They're very popular around here.
    what about Ribs?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast