Re: Facts and the LA hype...

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    louisiana = one word ??
    Los Angeles = two words, hence LA >>>> see dodger hats
    So you're NOT from Baton Rouge?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    hmm let's put a lil wager down. We'll leave a 3 year open window. If they move within that time you put on your avitar what I wish and the same for me if they don't. Understand that even they don't move within that window they will be moving.
    I've had an open bet for years on this! Only 1 taker so far, and it's going to suck when he has to leave the board to honor that bet next year.

Here's the bet: If the Rams move to the LA metro area by the 2015 season, I'll quit the board. But if they are still the St. Louis Rams.......see ya.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    California corporate tax rate is 8.84%. And the income that does reach Stan's pocket in CA would be taxed at a rate of 52.8% (39.6% fed + 13.3% state).

Sucks to be rich.
    Thanks, bro. I'm happy an expert weighed in on the issue.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Broken, I wouldn't sweat it. They're not going anywhere. Discussions like this are always, um, "interesting", but ultimately the Rams are not moving.
    Never say never but it really does not matter to me one way or another. The Rams are my team by virtue of my still rooting for them even though they play 1800 miles away. Direct TV (Thanks Mike) this board, (Thanks Dez) and the internet in general all give me the info and excitement to keep me engaged.

I would say, there did appear to be a lack of support in St Louis when I was there for the clash. I know there are fans there but feel Rams are third fiddle behind Cards, Blues.......I sure hope that changes over time and perhaps winning will help. But apathy is not good for any team in this day and age. The Whiners
    will have a brand new stadium next year.......Seahawks have the 12th man.....Cards have state of the art stadium and we have the ED and apathy. Not a good mix if a city wants to keep a team.
    MoonJoe and Vinnie25 like this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Super. I'm glad I could brighten your day.

And they're still not leaving.
    The past 6 years the Rams have averaged 30th in attendance; maybe its Los Angeles or maybe not, but if that don't change they'll be leaving somewhere

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I've had an open bet for years on this! Only 1 taker so far, and it's going to suck when he has to leave the board to honor that bet next year.

Here's the bet: If the Rams move to the LA metro area by the 2015 season, I'll quit the board. But if they are still the St. Louis Rams.......see ya.
    umm if we move that year to 2017 you have a taker, 2015 is only one season. I said within 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Thanks, bro. I'm happy an expert weighed in on the issue.
    LoL you said over 60% 52 and over 60 are two totally different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    The past 6 years the Rams have averaged 30th in attendance; maybe its Los Angeles or maybe not, but if that don't change they'll be leaving somewhere
    Exactly, that's what I'm saying. Some St Louis Fans only seem to go because there is a team in town, but not because they love the team.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Hard to justify them staying in StLouis with that attendance. It's sad watching them be competitive the last couple years and seeing the stadium half full or full of opposition, like vs the Bears, for home games.

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    umm if we move that year to 2017 you have a taker, 2015 is only one season. I said within 3.
    And the last person that took this bet said 3 years also....2 years ago. But fine, 3 years it is.

Any more takers?

(and jjigga, don't worry; I'm not going to hold you to this bet. Just like I'm not going to hold the other guy to the bet. I'm not going to make you delete your account 3 years from today. I'm simply making the point as clear as I can that these discussions have gone on for years, and most likely will continue to go on for years. But none of it will change the fact that Kroenke is not moving the St. Louis Rams. And, of course, I suppose the discussions will continue. I won't be surprised if 3 years from now, I'm still offering this same bet to people who say the Rams will move to LA in another 3 years.)
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-11-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    supachump likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I wonder how many Cleveland Brown fans in 1995 would have said "our team's not leaving". They had no idea.

When it comes to these billionaire owners, the only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure. To say something like "oh the Rams aren't leaving" and "for sure the Rams are going back to LA" at this point is incredibly na´ve and holds no basis in fact. Anyone can say these things, but the fact is no one knows where the Rams will be playing in 2020, maybe not even Stan. Why do people think otherwise?
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -02-11-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    MoonJoe likes this.

the fact is no one knows where the Rams will be playing in 2020
    I guess we'll just have to wait until 2020.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Haha no we don't. Right now in the year 2014 no Rams fan out there knows where the Rams will be playing in 2020. If they're still in St. Louis by 2020, that just means you guessed right..which you had a 50% chance of doing.

And the last person that took this bet said 3 years also....2 years ago. But fine, 3 years it is.

Any more takers?

(and jjigga, don't worry; I'm not going to hold you to this bet. Just like I'm not going to hold the other guy to the bet. I'm not going to make you delete your account 3 years from today. I'm simply making the point as clear as I can that these discussions have gone on for years, and most likely will continue to go on for years. But none of it will change the fact that Kroenke is not moving the St. Louis Rams. And, of course, I suppose the discussions will continue. I won't be surprised if 3 years from now, I'm still offering this same bet to people who say the Rams will move to LA in another 3 years.)
    I honor bets, so I expect you to honor yours. I've been a member since 2006. You've been one exactly two years more than I. One of us will have to leave our tenure come the beginning of the 2017 season. One of us will either be leaving a 10 year tenure or a 12 year tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Haha no we don't. Right now in the year 2014 no Rams fan out there knows where the Rams will be playing in 2020. If they're still in St. Louis by 2020, that just means you guessed right..which you had a 50% chance of doing.
    Umm, so then...yea...like I said....we'll just have to wait until 2020.

Of course, you're free to take the bet as well, if you like.
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast