Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Facts and the LA hype...

  1. #61
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,610
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I honor bets, so I expect you to honor yours. I've been a member since 2006. You've been one exactly two years more than I. One of us will have to leave our tenure come the beginning of the 2017 season. One of us will either be leaving a 10 year tenure or a 12 year tenure.
    So be it. I was just trying to give you an out.

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #62
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,665
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    We'll miss you, jjigga.

  3. #63
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We'll miss you, jjigga.
    more like we'll miss HUbison. LOL Avenger none of us HUbison or myself live in St Louis or L.A.. Like I said I really don't care where they play shoot I wish Dallas could have a 2nd team so they could move here. However I just don't see them staying there with the apathetic fan base that is St Louis. Not when you can go to a sexy market like L.A. But time will tell maybe I should let you off the hook. LOL

  4. #64
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,649
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I've had an open bet for years on this! Only 1 taker so far, and it's going to suck when he has to leave the board to honor that bet next year.
    Out of curiosity, besides jjigga, who took that bet?
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE


  5. #65
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    I would take the bet, but you would be too big of a loss - don't think the board would survive - so I'll have to pass.
    live4ramin, laram0 and Fettmaster like this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  6. #66
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Umm, so then...yea...like I said....we'll just have to wait until 2020.

    Of course, you're free to take the bet as well, if you like.

    Na, man. You can see the future. I also don't care where the Rams play, as long as they play well!


  7. #67
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,610
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Na, man. You can see the future. I also don't care where the Rams play, as long as they play well!
    Fett, you're truly perplexing me. I'm trying to say that nobody will truly know about 2020 until 2020 (ie. we'll have to wait to see) because there's no way to know for sure. Then, you disagree with me by saying there's no way to know for sure.

    What?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  8. #68
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,610
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Out of curiosity, besides jjigga, who took that bet?
    He knows who he is, but I'm not going to call him out. As with jjigga, I have no desire to enforce the bet once the point comes and the Rams are still in St. Louis.

    Honestly, I just hate this whole topic. Kroenke is entrenched in Missouri. He was part of the machinery that moved it here in the first place. In fact, I'm not sure why LA fans are so vehemently incensed at the late Georgia, but give Kroenke a pass. But I digress. Kroenke is creating leverage to get the best deal he can for future stadium negotiations, but ultimately that deal will be struck in the St. Louis area.

    I get why the LA folks are hanging on to this. I really do. It's just so gut-wrenching watching these hopes get built up, and knowing it's never going to come to fruition. I just wish everyone would be happy with the team as they are.
    live4ramin and FestusRam like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  9. #69
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    i think with all the hype fan support in either case will drop. LA and St Louis folks really wedging apart further. as true fans on both sides if we really care about fan base, would be good take role of peacemaker. i would hate to alienate st. louis fans if rams came to LA and vice-versa.
    live4ramin likes this.
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  10. #70
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Fett, you're truly perplexing me. I'm trying to say that nobody will truly know about 2020 until 2020 (ie. we'll have to wait to see) because there's no way to know for sure. Then, you disagree with me by saying there's no way to know for sure.

    What?


  11. #71
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    He knows who he is, but I'm not going to call him out. As with jjigga, I have no desire to enforce the bet once the point comes and the Rams are still in St. Louis.

    Honestly, I just hate this whole topic. Kroenke is entrenched in Missouri. He was part of the machinery that moved it here in the first place. In fact, I'm not sure why LA fans are so vehemently incensed at the late Georgia, but give Kroenke a pass. But I digress. Kroenke is creating leverage to get the best deal he can for future stadium negotiations, but ultimately that deal will be struck in the St. Louis area.

    I get why the LA folks are hanging on to this. I really do. It's just so gut-wrenching watching these hopes get built up, and knowing it's never going to come to fruition. I just wish everyone would be happy with the team as they are.
    ummmm Hub Kreonke brought a 40% share when they moved to St Louis. Let's put it this way and again I don't really care if they move or not I now live in Dallas. Back to my point the fact is that St Louis is not going to upgrade ED Dome to the Rams wishes, nor are they gonna put another tax on St Louians for a new Stadium, not while they're still paying for the old one. So the question we need to ask is, is Kreonke Ok with the current stadium he has? Another question is does he feel he can make more money with a new stadium in a bigger market?

    He's a smart man, you don't become a billionaire, not knowing how to manage your assets and take calculated risk. I think as any good business man will do is he'll weigh the options, and gauge wether or not the Fanbase in L.A. will support the team. Being that the Rams already have a deep fan base in L.A. they will.

    Some will say that L.A. fans didn't support the team when they were in L.A. true. But during that time Baseball ranked 1st and the NFL 3rd in popularity. That has now changed. There are many more endorsement and business venture opportunities available to a team in the greater Los Angeles area.

    I'm don't know what he would do, but I know if I was the owner I'd pack up and move in the middle of the night like the Browns did back in the 90's

    I'm just saying.

  12. #72
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,610
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    ummmm Hub Kreonke brought a 40% share when they moved to St Louis.
    ummm, yea. And your point? Surely, you're not implying he didn't have a hand in the move from LA to St. Louis?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #73
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    ummm, yea. And your point? Surely, you're not implying he didn't have a hand in the move from LA to St. Louis?
    I believe the shares he brought helped with the move to St Louis, which was probably his in to buy shares in a team. I do not think he brought the team and said let's move to St Louis. I think it was an open offer he took the offer. The Rams would not be in St Louis without his 40% ownership at the time and if they stayed in L.A. I don't think he would have ownership.

    So yes he had a hand but it was not an initiating hand as you would have others believe, it was a helping hand. I do not think he's tied to anyone place and will take the best option available for his brand, especially with help from the NFL.

  14. #74
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,610
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    So yes he had a hand but it was not an initiating hand as you would have others believe, it was a helping hand.
    Actually, no. I never said he initiated the process. But as you have stipulated, I said Kroenke had a hand in it.

    So back to the original question, why does Kroenke get a free pass on the move; while Georgia is forever villified?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #75
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Facts and the LA hype...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I asked for not just the names of the venues, but also for proof of approval. You see, just because you have something doesn't do you any good if you can't use it. Second, "ONLY" 13%? Perhaps you should check out the corporate tax rates, as well as local and federal taxes - it adds up to over 60% for revenue of over $1 million. If you want to get bare bones, Missouri's tax rate is only 6%...less than HALF of what CA collects.

    Perhaps you should read the NFL rules that must be followed before a team can move. It will take longer than two years. If the Rams do move - which is a possibility I NEVER denied - it will not happen for at least four years, due to the massive number of hurdles that are blocking such a move.
    Do you really want to compare Missouri to California? Really? Last time I checked, California was ranked 8th in GLOBAL economy. Behind only the ENTIRE United States, China, Japan, Germany, France, the UK and Brazil. We must be doing something right. If Stan wants to make money, and he does, you do that in California, not Missouri. Stan knows this very well and will bring the Rams to California where the Rams will instantly move from a bottom tier team (ranked #29 according to Forbes) in terms of worth, to a top team, simply by moving them to LA. TV rights, larger fan base that is already established, 2nd TV market in the country..... it's kinda a no-brainer, really. As far as the rules to moving a team.... Money talks.
    jjigga3000 likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. There are some concerns amongst the hype
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -08-25-2008, 01:16 AM
  2. Just the Facts
    By EvilXenu in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
  3. The ***** Hype Machine
    By Milan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -07-01-2007, 04:45 PM
  4. Who will live up to the hype?
    By raleigh_ram in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -04-09-2006, 05:14 AM
  5. Who will really live up to the hype?
    By raleigh_ram in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-08-2006, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •