Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Facts and the LA hype...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Facts and the LA hype...

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Actually, no. I never said he initiated the process. But as you have stipulated, I said Kroenke had a hand in it.

So back to the original question, why does Kroenke get a free pass on the move; while Georgia is forever villified?
    Georgia is vilified because she initiated the move, so some L.A. fans are still sour. Kreonke is not vilified because one he wasn't a majority owner at the time, and two, he didn't own the team while in L.A. he brought his portion after the move was approved. Georgia was calculating in her move from L.A., she first moved the team outside of L.A. so that she could get attendance down to say "see our fans don't show up for games because they are uninterested in an NFL team. When the fact is at the Coliseum a lot of fans showed support for the team.

I understand no one is going to be happy with a move, but the way she went about it was foul. Do I forgive her? I never was angry, but the process was still foul nonetheless.

I know you have your reasons for thinking the team will not move and you're a very sound person from what I read from your post. But I'd have to say your confidence is false, because the truth is no one really knows what Kreonke is going to do. But if I were a betting man, the circumstances regarding this particular situation doesn't bode well for the city of St Louis, because of the Stadium situation. This is not Kansas City, there is no tradition with the ED dome, as it is with KC. 20 years is not enough to build any type of legacy, not with a team that's been pretty much sorry for most of the 20 years in St Louis. There's a winning tradition in L.A.. In the SuperBowl era, that Rams had 16 appearances in the playoffs, 7 of which were in Championship games. and 9 losing seasons in which on 3 were less than 5 game were won during that season. In St Louis more than half there time there 14 seasons to be exact they've been a horrible team.

If I'm an owner and I want to change the brand of my team, I'm gonna try and drop the stigmatism related to my product or Brand, in this case moving to L.A. make's sense. The last 5 seasons in L.A. doesn't really count because that's when Georgia moved the team to Orange County in her preparation to get out of the L.A. market completely. Before that period the Rams were one of the better and consistent teams in football. These are all facts not speculation or opinion.

So ask yourself in you're an owner of a team, and you had the opportunity to move into the L.A. market would you stay in ST Louis or move your team to L.A. because these are facts I laid out not hype. The threat for Kreonke to move to L.A. is very real. I'd say it's 70/30 that he does make a move.
    Last edited by jjigga3000; -02-15-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Do you really want to compare Missouri to California? Really? Last time I checked, California was ranked 8th in GLOBAL economy. Behind only the ENTIRE United States, China, Japan, Germany, France, the UK and Brazil. We must be doing something right. If Stan wants to make money, and he does, you do that in California, not Missouri. Stan knows this very well and will bring the Rams to California where the Rams will instantly move from a bottom tier team (ranked #29 according to Forbes) in terms of worth, to a top team, simply by moving them to LA. TV rights, larger fan base that is already established, 2nd TV market in the country..... it's kinda a no-brainer, really. As far as the rules to moving a team.... Money talks.
    He bowed out this convo a while back. If you're going to make an argument you've got to have proof to back it up. He didn't, his was based in St Louis fans against L.A. fans and who deserves the team more. The argument you've just made and what I've been saying all along is Money Talks and B.S. Walks. In the business of football someone is going to be disappointed it's just par for the course.

The question here is, is RamFanSam a real Ram Fan or a St Louis Fan? Because how I see it is L.A. fans are Rams fans, if that weren't the case you'd see no L.A. fans on here posting. I think the problem is St Louis fans are threatened by the fact that L.A. fans might get their team back home. When that happens will we still see St Louis fans on this forum or will the abandon the team, or will this forum disappear completely?

Truth is offline Registered User

What I find intriguing, and what has seemed to have been ignored in recent weeks, is that there are some pretty strong rumors that Mr Kroenke would like an MSL team in L.A.. He wants them to be the L.A. Gunners (reference to Arsenal). Given the NFL's rules on owning teams in different cities, this might have some significance. I know that L.A. is not currently an NFL city, However, whether it's the Rams or another team, I don't see it being long before that changes. If Mr Kroenke were to build his own stadium in L.A., it could house both the NFL and MSL teams. While soccer might not be that popular in the Mid-west, there is a large population of soccer fans in SoCal. I'm not saying this IS what Mr Kroenke is thinking. I'm just saying that it's intriguing.
    Rammed likes this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Actually, no. I never said he initiated the process. But as you have stipulated, I said Kroenke had a hand in it.

So back to the original question, why does Kroenke get a free pass on the move; while Georgia is forever villified?
    and there is that matter of "ahem" how she came to be majority owner of the Rams.....

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    and there is that matter of "ahem" how she came to be majority owner of the Rams.....
    we won't discuss that, both Rosenblum and Georgia Frontiere, are now deceased, no need to bring that up. But there are others who still talk about that. I know a couple of L.A. Rams and I heard that story from them, if you don't know what I'm talking about you'll never know.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    What I find intriguing, and what has seemed to have been ignored in recent weeks, is that there are some pretty strong rumors that Mr Kroenke would like an MSL team in L.A.. He wants them to be the L.A. Gunners (reference to Arsenal). Given the NFL's rules on owning teams in different cities, this might have some significance. I know that L.A. is not currently an NFL city, However, whether it's the Rams or another team, I don't see it being long before that changes. If Mr Kroenke were to build his own stadium in L.A., it could house both the NFL and MSL teams. While soccer might not be that popular in the Mid-west, there is a large population of soccer fans in SoCal. I'm not saying this IS what Mr Kroenke is thinking. I'm just saying that it's intriguing.
    The NFL cross ownership rules do not apply to soccer teams...don't ask me why.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    The NFL cross ownership rules do not apply to soccer teams...don't ask me why.
    It has not been applied to ownership of soccer teams in other countries. That doesn't mean it won't/doesn't apply to US professional soccer teams.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    we won't discuss that, both Rosenblum and Georgia Frontiere, are now deceased, no need to bring that up. But there are others who still talk about that. I know a couple of L.A. Rams and I heard that story from them, if you don't know what I'm talking about you'll never know.
    I was not referring to Carroll R untimely demise. I was referring to the showgirl to NFL owner slant.
    jjigga3000 likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456